Pathfinder 1E Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP Part 2 with your hosts Scotley and MLeibrock

OOC: you save the surge, I save the spell slot, I'd say we're golden.

I believe it is enemy turn? [MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION]?

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Sorry gang. I am the director of a company that provides services to folks with intellectual disabilities and most of them have a secondary diagnosis of mental illness. That means sometimes my work is literally crazy. This past week and especially weekend was one of those times. Because we are under contract with the government there is a pile of paperwork that goes along with that crazy. I don't see myself coming up for air until at least this evening. Hate letting things drag when we are in mid-battle. Will try to get caught up as soon as I can.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
However terrible to say it, RL comes first. Thanks for the feedback. And I think the demon just lost its chance to do some damage. Assuming he cannot hold or enervate at will, we're all moving now and Vakeva survived the drain. With fewer hp I'm sure, but still...

Scotley

Hero
Viridian looks around, noticing Vakeva does not engage gargoyles. Good thing focusing on the main threat...but it leaves him vulnerable. Focusing on the offense of what is in front of him, Viridian does his thing, aided with magical oil seeping into his scales, and flaming pieces of the gargoyle fly around as it crumbles into so much ugly stone. The cracking fire finishes off the Gargoyle.

He slides into better position to aid one of his companions.

Adrian drops the rod where it continues it's strange vibration - bards song changes now to the glory of the goddess and the might of her children. Lowering the spear and stepping away so he can bring the point of the spear down between himself and the gargoyle, Adrians attack pierces the stony hide with surprising strength for someone relatively frail looking. By no means can it be compared to Vakeva and Viridian, but he can obviously stay alive until help arrives. The hapless Gargolye is braced by Adrian and Viridian.

Va'keva staggers under the oppressive weight of the demon's magic, suddenly feeling every one of his 250 plus years. Duty and death... Duty and death... C'mon, 'Keva, getcher arse up and take care of this business!
He steels his will, takes a deep breath and squares his shoulders, and draws bowstring to cheek. He lets his breath half out and releases smoothly, one

His arrows down the Gargoyle attacking him. For good measure he plugs the one just speared by Adrian and it too is finished.

A quiet falls, as the last visible foe drops. Distantly from somewhere on the roof arcane words spoken in the language of demons can be heard. The sound is lost as those frozen by the demon's magic begin to struggle back into motion.

OOC: All may act.

OOC: We don't see the demon, right?

Adrian picks up the baton he dropped. Moving so the southern wall of the building is behind him he again changes the enchantment of the spear to be deadly to demons.
He calls out in demonic.

"Hey, demon. You had a chance to kill us. But you were too cowardly. So keep being one and get lost! There is no meat for you here."

[sblock=Actions]
Move: pick up singing steel
Swift: Arcane strike spear is now +1 demon-bane
Move: southward 10' from the door we barricaded earlier

Free: speech
Bluff +13
Diplomacy +10
Intimidate +13
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn whirls around, face twisted in a snarl, and looks for handholds she might use to scale up to the roof and try to intercept the demons!

(argh, didn't roll!)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Someone, throw me up there!" Viridian grabs Adrians spear-tip as if he will catapult up there. Pulling himself up and with bards help in holding the spear up he launches after the bard, wings beating furiously to maintain the height before he manages to catch eaves of the building. Claws dig into the old roof and he is up there with Thorn.

[roll0]
OOC: climb after Thorn, the description is just flavor - we cannot leave our dear ranger without flanking buddy :)

OOC: Everyone gets +4 to hit, +4 damage +3 saves and additional +1 save vs charm and fear
Song round 3/16
Demon is demoralized

Not able to do anything much without visible enemy and with all party members active, Adrian keeps singing and readies the action to attack whatever tries to reach him.

[sblock=Actions]
Help Viridian
Sing
Ready action: Attack; damage; bane damage: 1D20+7 = [2]+7 = 9
1D8+2 = [1]+2 = 3
2D6 = [4, 6] = 10
- great miss :) !

OA; damage; bane damage: 1D20+7 = [8]+7 = 15
1D8+2 = [7]+2 = 9
2D6 = [2, 1] = 3

I forgot my own bonuses so:
+4 to attack (+2 more from bane if demon)
+4 to damage (+2d6 from bane and +50% base from primal iron)
Readied attack: 14 (16 if demon) vs AC; 7 damage (20 if demon = 7*1.5 + 10 bane)
OA: 19 (21 if demon) vs AC; 13 damage (22 if demon = 13*1.5 + 3 bane)

[/sblock]

Remove ads