Swords under the Sun — Blades in the Dark meets Dungeon World

loverdrive

Prophet of the profane (She/Her)
1616269298865.png
itch.io link
(will come live at March the 30th)

The Men prospered in the incandescence of the Sun above, as Her light kept horrendous Beasts, spawns of the Dark at bay.

But at one point in time, so long ago that even the oldest of immortal elves don’t remember it, things have changed. The Sun above stopped to warm and started to burn, Men and Beasts indiscriminately.

Whatever sin was committed, it was great and now you must suffer to repent it.

Or, at least, the Temple says so.

This is the game of faith. This is the game of dangers, struggles, darkness and corruption. This is the game of hope, heroism, self-sacrifice and friendship, forged in blood and fire.

Players take on roles of the heroes, risking their life at every turn to make sure that their world, or even the world at large lives to see another day.

I was always puzzled why there’s no fleshed out fantasy hack of BitD, so I’ve decided to make one, but since I’m a damn hipster, I couldn’t be satisfied with just sword and sorcery — so, inspired with my own experience of losing faith, I’ve decided to expand it into sword and sorcery and faith.

As of now, the game is 70 pages long (the only thing is missing is a monster manual, but I’m working on it), and was extensively internally playtested — and now I’m getting ready to launch a public playtest at 30.03.2021.

Stay tuned!

1616269454186.png
1616269476302.png
1616269499792.png

Eilathen

Explorer
I'm definitely interested! I love BitD and have also thought about using FitD games for different kind of stuff....a straight up fantasy game is part of that.

Remove ads