• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SWSE Playtest -- Help

Mentat55

First Post
I am thinking about running a Star Wars Saga one-shot for my D&D 3.5e group. I myself have only read the rules, and I think one other player has as well, so it would be new to us all (but I am hoping that, because the rules aren't so different from 3.5, it won't be a big problem).

2 questions:

1. Can anyone recommend an adventure (or failing that, outline a scenario) that I could use for a 5-6 hr session?

2. Does anyone have level 1 pregens, or know where I can find some? I'd probably make my own characters for the session, if only the learn the in's and out's of the system, but having some other characters to crib off of would be nice.

Alt F4

First Post
The first episode of Dawn of Defiance comes highly recommended by a lot of folks. It's available for free download at WotC's Star Wars site. I'm not sure the module could be played completely through within a single 5-6 hour session though.

I don't know what levels they're for, but RobShanti has collected twenty or so of fan-made adventures for Saga here.

As far as 1st level pregens go, I'm not aware of any floating around, but if you ask either at Wotc's Star Wars boards or d20 Radio's Star Wars forums someone might be able to direct you to some or offer suggestions for making your own.

Mentat55

First Post
Thanks for the links! I've skimmed the first adventure from the Dawn of Defiance AP, I might be able to take the first part of it and turn it into a single session. Or maybe I can convince the group to make it a two-shot :)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Thanks for the links! I've skimmed the first adventure from the Dawn of Defiance AP, I might be able to take the first part of it and turn it into a single session. Or maybe I can convince the group to make it a two-shot :)
My experience playing Dawn of Defiance is: don't. It's poorly connected, railroads the party with little to no justification, and not well presented.

Or rather: use the first part as best you can, but don't plan on getting much mileage out of the rest of it.

Cheers, -- N

harpy

First Post
After my first SWSE game I reassembled it into a one shot. See if that works for you...

Escape from Orto

I also put together a windows movie of the intro so you can kick start the game properly.

Last edited:

harpy

First Post
Thanks. If you get to run it let me know how it goes. It's always interesting to hear how different groups handled the various situations.

Remove ads