D&D 5E Synergy of a INT-based warlock

Quartz

Hero
My own 5e hack allows the use of proficiency bonus to replace stat mod for attacks and DCs of special abilities, so I find the progression comfortable. Other people's comfort level will vary, of course.

I think this could be good for Fighters, replacing Dex for AC and possibly initiative too.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
My own 5e hack allows the use of proficiency bonus to replace stat mod for attacks and DCs of special abilities, so I find the progression comfortable. Other people's comfort level will vary, of course.
I think this is good as well. I might consider proficiency bonus - 1 as this would keep the max at +11.

This way once you got to 13th level (prof bonus +5) you could use +4 to replace your ability score if you are proficient with a roll.

It would make it so maxing out your ability scores wouldn't be nearly as important.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I think this is good as well. I might consider proficiency bonus - 1 as this would keep the max at +11.

This way once you got to 13th level (prof bonus +5) you could use +4 to replace your ability score if you are proficient with a roll.

It would make it so maxing out your ability scores wouldn't be nearly as important.
It's certainly a consideration, although in my current rule set, the max level is only 10, so it doesn't come up. It provides some character building tension, because getting a 20 in a main stat has value, but only a +1 worth, and you'd have to trade out feats to get there. Additionally, increasing proficiency bonus to +5 is a possible high level boon that can be earned in 10+ play.

Remove ads