Trouvere

Explorer
Pendrake reclaims the sunrod.

Peladus...[sblock=Peladus]
peladus33.png
[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
"So there are still two of them. Much as I hate to suggest it, I think we need to split up and follow the two creatures. Like I said, we can't afford to let them get away - the results of that don't bear thinking about."

"Where's Quozen? Pendrake, if you join him, then Midias, Ngikhinit and I can deal with the one to the north."

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=Map for Midias]The UT next to Midias is dead. Quozen and Gillin attacked into the square north of Gillin. The other UT was last seen off to the NW. Ngikhnit is unconscious but stable at -5 HP.

midias33.png
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Midias

Midias sighs. He is to slow to go for a chase and cannot see the other creatures. Best he can do is trying to increase the number of his conscious allies. This time, he is able to channel it's full power. Showered in golden light, Ngikhnit awakes.

[sblock=OOC]

Free: Drop weapon
Move: ready scroll
Standard: Use Scroll of CLW. Heals 9 damage.

---

Midias Sunchosen
AC 17 (T11, FF16), HP 17/18, F +5,R+1,W+5
0 Level: Detect Magic, 2x Light
1 Level: Cure Light Wounds (d) - Bless, Shield of Faith, Command

Effects: -

XP:2.550
Gold: 363.5
Got in last adventure: 3 CLW scrolls

[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Ngikhnit wakes to find himself sitting slumped against a marketstall, with his companions other than Quozen nearby. Also beside him is a creature, but it is unmoving and clearly dead, twin tentacles lying tangled over a now shapeless body.

OOG: I don't know if this really counts as a new encounter, but since Ngiknit has just returned to consciousness and can see no living enemies, I think I will say it is as far as he is concerned, thus ending his fatigue penalties. He is now on 4 HP. He's up now; Peladus still has available actions, since all he has done is speak.[sblock=Map for Ngikhnit]
ngikhnit33.png
[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus leans over and helps haul the half-giant to his feet.

"Come on, big boy. We have to find the others, so that they don't hurt anybody else the way they've hurt you."

When Ngikhnit's on his feet, the young wizard heads towards the far side of the net, directing the others to take the other end and join him at the mouth of the alleyway to the northwest.

orsal

LEW Judge
Ngikhnit, 4/15 HP

Ngikhnit looks up as Midias, channeling Hyrag's power, restores his consciousness. Seeing no creatures around, his first reaction is to assume they were dispatched by his associates. "What? They're still there? How many?" He is perturbed by the implication of Peladus' words, but immediately jumps up and follows the wizard, who seems to know where he is going.

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=Midias, Pendrake]Peladus and Ngikhnit move off purposefully to gather the fishing net.

In the south of the Square, right beside Quozen and the old man, a creature slips from out of the shadows. The one lying dead nearby was a spreading pancake or lumpish mass, shifting from one form to another, occasionally hinting at a more fixed shape, but always with only a single pair of tentacles. Now this other, though cut from it by the blade of a longsword, is nothing but a ball of countless tentacles writhing in all directions, a shape out of nightmares. Shadows stream from it like smoke from burning sticks.

Tentacles flail at Quozen and Gillin, battering the elf, but leaving the old man unscathed.

And then the creature slips east, and vanishes into hidden gaps in the air, and is gone from sight.[/sblock][sblock=Ngikhnit, Peladus]The wizard and the barbarian make their way to opposite ends of the net, Peladus closer to the mouth of the alleyway along which a third creature fled.[sblock=Peladus]A quick glance back across the Square shows the old man Gillin and Quozen standing shoulder to shoulder, fighting something that is invisible to the eye.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Quozen]Behind the threatening creature, Quozen spies Peladus moving purposefully towards an alleyway, halting at its mouth.

The creature strikes out in all directions, in a grotesque parody of the monk's own flurries of blows. Gillin is narrowly missed, but Quozen is struck twice, first by a blow that barely catches him on the shoulder rather than in the throat. And then the creature slides east, and vanishes into hidden gaps in the air, and is gone.

"Where did it go?" Gillin gasps.

OOG: UT3 hits Quozen with a nat 20 for 3; crit not confirmed; hits again for another 3. Misses a third time, misses Gillin once. 5' steps east, so is now immediately north of Quozen, but is out of sight (50% miss chance).

Quozen is on 5 HP. :erm:
[/sblock][sblock=Maps][sblock=Midias]
midias34.png
[/sblock][sblock=Ngikhnit]
ngikhnit34.png
[/sblock][sblock=Peladus]
peladus34.png
[/sblock][sblock=Pendrake]
pendrake34.png
[/sblock][sblock=Quozen]
quozen34.png
[/sblock][/sblock]OOG: sigh, another pile of sblocks. Quozen is up...

Last edited:

Remove ads