• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

T1: A Visit to Spelding Square [Completed]

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: I had thought that a couple of us could grab opposite ends of the net and drag it towards the UT. By putting a barrier in place we could hopefully prevent it from nicking off until the others could dead it.

Walking Dad

First Post
Midias

Midias tries to follow and hit the creature, but isn't able to connect. If it dodged or is somewhere else, he cannot say.

[sblock=OOC]

Midias 5ft step up-left and attacks up-left
Standard: Morningstar (1d20+3=9, 1d8+2=10)

---

Midias Sunchosen
AC 17 (T11, FF16), HP 17/18, F +5,R+1,W+5
0 Level: Detect Magic, 2x Light
1 Level: Cure Light Wounds (d) - Bless, Shield of Faith, Command

Effects: -

XP:2.550
Gold: 363.5
Got in last adventure: 4 CLW scrolls

[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Ngikhnit...[sblock=Ngikhnit]White outlined squares indicate where a creature is known to be or was last seen.
ngikhnit31.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Ngikhnit's flail swings through empty air.

OOG: not that it mattered, but you rolled 2d8 there instead of 2d6!

Quozen...
[sblock=Quozen]White outlined squares mark where a creature is known to be or was last seen.
quozen31.png
[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Quozen, getting a sense of Peladus' plan, but not really noticing, turns to the south, and heads off.

[sblock=ooc]
Withdraw, moving 2 squares E and 16 squares S, toward the source of the shout. After the first 5' (to the SE), drop the sunrod.
[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Quozen takes off, heading south. The sunrod clatters to the cobbles not far from Midias.[sblock=Midias]Ngikhnit reels, battered by an unseen force that first has him doubled over and then snaps his head back. Blisters break out across his face. He ends up slumped against the stall behind him, eyes glazed, and barely breathing, at the very edge of death.

Something whistles past Midias' own head.

Meanwhile, beyond Quozen, a figure comes into the alleyway to the Square, bearing a light at shoulder height. He hastens forward to meet the elf, calling excitedly.

"Lads? Lads? Ah, there you are! It's me, Old Gillin! I changed my mind! Wandering at night with adventurers one last time, in search of who knows what - I had to come after. What are you doing in here? And what is that smell?"

It is indeed Gillin, with Mildred, his glowing morning star.[/sblock][sblock=Ngikhnit]A blow comes from nowhere, catching Ngikhnit in the ribs, pushing him to the very edge of unconsciousness. He sees the creature now, just before a vicious slap of a tentacle takes him full in the face, blistering his skin with acid and snapping his head back hard. Darkness claims him.

OOG: first attack hits for 4, taking Ngikhnit to 0; second blow hits for 4, with a natural 20 :)eek:); crit confirmed, for an additional 5. Ngikhnit is on -9.[/sblock][sblock=Peladus]Looking back to see whether anyone is coming to help with the net, Peladus instead sees Ngikhnit reel, battered by an unseen force that first has him doubled over and then snaps his head back hard. Blisters break out across his face. He ends up slumped against the stall behind him, eyes open, barely breathing.

A moment later, Peladus' vision defeats the creature's maddening ability to slip from sight. The creature has crawled east between the two left standing. Midias' posture makes it clear that he is unaware it has moved.

As this is going on, the voice calling out from the other side of the Square becomes louder and clearer. And familiar.

"Lads? Lads? Ah, there you are! It's me, Old Gillin! I changed my mind! Wandering at night with adventurers one last time, in search of who knows what - I had to come after. What are you doing in here? And what is that smell?"[/sblock][sblock=Pendrake]Once more Pendrake's vision defeats the creature's maddening ability to slip from view. But what he sees is horrid. The creature thrusts a bulbous outgrowth of its shapeless body into Ngikhnit's midriff, doubling him over, and then a vicious slap of a tentacle takes him full in the face, blistering his skin with acid and snapping his head back hard. He ends up slumped against the stall behind him, eyes glazed, and barely breathing.

The creature appears to realise that Ngikhnit is no threat, since its other tentacle whips through the air past Midias, and it slithers slug-like to the east, between the two left standing.

Midias' posture makes it clear he is unaware the creature has moved.

Meanwhile, a figure comes around the corner of Spelding Row into the alleyway to the Square, bearing a light at shoulder height, hastening to meet Quozen. He's calling excitedly, but his words are lost in the distraction of battle. It's still unmistakably Gillin, with Mildred, his glowing morning star.[/sblock][sblock=Quozen]The distractions of the battle are left behind as Quozen heads south.

The voice from the street is calling "Lads? Lads?"

A figure comes around the corner into the alleyway to the Square, and hastens to meet Quozen. He shouts into his face: "Ah, there you are! It's me, Old Gillin! I changed my mind! Wandering at night with adventurers one last time, in search of who knows what - I had to come after. What are you doing in here? And what is that smell?"

It is Gillin, with Mildred, his glowing morning star.[/sblock][sblock=Maps][sblock=Midias]
midias32.png
[/sblock][sblock=Peladus]
peladus32.png
[/sblock][sblock=Pendrake]
pendrake32.png
[/sblock][sblock=Quozen]
quozen32.png
[/IMG][/sblock][/sblock]OOG: Round 12. Pendrake...

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
after calling his warning to the priest of the creature's position, he Sheaths his long sword (move action) and strikes with his morning star, using both hands in great fury!

power attack (-4 att, +4 damage)
1d20+4=21
is there a bless in action? if so, then the att is 22.

Pendrake's damage without DR adjustment.
1d8+7=14
almost forgot, with two handed power attack his damage is 18, not 14.

oog: I have a bad feeling about this. . .

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=Midias]As Pendrake sheathes his sword, Midias spies the creature between them, lunging at the northman. This is the last thing it has a chance to do, as the morning star blow turns it into an uncoordinated quivering mass of flesh. The paired tentacles collapse onto the body and go still.[/sblock][sblock=Peladus, Pendrake, Quozen]Pendrake has to take his eye off the creature to sheathe his sword, and somehow it knows this, for it lunges out at him, but ineffectually. This is the last thing it has a chance to do, as the morning star blow turns it into an uncoordinated quivering mass of flesh. The paired tentacles collapse onto the body and go still.[/sblock]OOG: remember that 20% blur miss chance? Check this out. 2-handed damage at PA4 should be 1d8+12 (Str mod x 1.5 + 2 x PA), though it is irrelevant to UT1's fate.

Peladus...

Last edited:

Remove ads