• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E T1: The Village of Hommlet (OOC)

Yay! I'll fill in more of her personality traits and other parts of that section as I write the background.

I already have a basic idea of her, which I think will make for a very interesting character!

And, I will say it was fun to make her! It went massively faster than I thought.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Name: Thadues "Fatty" Hammerhand
Class/level: Wizard 1
Background: Sage
Race: Human (Variant)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Languages: Common, Elven, Abyssal, Infernal

HP: 7
Hit dice: 1d6+1
Passive Perception: 20
Passive investigation: 20
AC: 10
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30'
Saving Throws:
Str 0
Dex 0
Con 1
* Int +5
* Wis +5
Cha 0

Base Stats
Strength: 10 (0) Dexterity: 10 (0) Constitution: 12 (+1) Intelligence: 16 (+3) Wisdom: 16 (+3) Charisma: 10 (0)

Skills
Acrobatics +0
Animal Handling +3
*Arcana +5
Athletics 0
Deception 0
*History +5
*Insight +5
Intimidation +0
*Investigation +5
Medicine +3
Nature +3
*Perception +5
Performance 0
Persuasion 0
Religion +3
Slight of Hand 0
Stealth 0
Survival 3

* = proficiency

Other Proficiencies:
Armor: None
Weapons: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
Feat: Observant (+5 to PP/PI, bonus included, can read lips)

Attacks
Melee: Dagger +2 (1d4/Piercing)
Ranged: Firebolt +5 (1d10/Fire)

Equipment:
component pouch
Explorer's Pack
dagger
Ink, Quill, small knife, common clothes
Costume
Belt Pouch

Features and Traits

Spellcasting
Spellcasting Class: Wizard
Spell Save DC: 13
Spell Attack Bonus: +5

Spell Slots:
1: 2

Arcance Recovery: 1

Cantrips
Light
Firebolt
Mage hand

1st-Level Spells
#Burning Hands
#Detect Magic
Identify
#Comprehend Languages
Find Familiar
#Colour Spray

# prepared spells

Background Info
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 168 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Brown
Hair: Black, tightly curled

Personality Traits: There is nothing I like more than a good mystery
Ideals: Emotions must not cloud our logical thinking
Bonds: I have an ancient text that holds a terrible secret that must not fall into the wrong hands.
Flaws: Most people run and scream when they see a demon. I stop and take notes on its anatomy.

Character Backstory:

Thadeus, called Fatty due to a lisp he had as a small child, trying to say "Hi, my name is Thaddy." came out as "Hi, my name is Fatty." Needless to say merciless teasing ensued and he dived into a life of study. Demons and Devils were his field of study and it was during those time he came across an ancient book on raising demons. Deciding it was too dangerous to have lying around he has taken it into protective custody.

@Kiraya_TiDrekan : with your permission Thadeous has cast the Find Familiar (Rat) spell already for a cost of 10 GP (subtracted from his Sage money).

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
[MENTION=12183]sithramir[/MENTION], not sure what you mean, but the point buy rules are 27, not 28.
[MENTION=6787159]Skarsgard[/MENTION], looks good. :)

sithramir

First Post
[MENTION=36150]Herobizkit[/MENTION] Originally I was thinking of making him a fighter type but you need dex, con, and cha and he just doesn't stand up well for a melee. I was going to go Lore so he could be a behind the lines style and try to pump up CHA.

I could be convinced if it somehow fits better with something you want though. Not like it's set in stone. I have another character concept bard that uses Hex and is the Valor bard so I was going to see this one as lore with some blasting spells. But what are you thinking? I won't be unhappy either way.
[MENTION=6755061]Kiraya_TiDrekan[/MENTION] *Yes it's 27 point buy that was a typo sorry hehe!

Rubberneck

First Post
Alright so quick question. I'm making my character and am curious about the racial ability score bonus. Im making a Mountain Dwarf. So do I get the +2 CON for being a Dwarf AND the +2 STR for being a Mountain Dwarf? Or would I just get the STR bonus?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads