• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Table for random picked pockets

Lance

First Post
Has anyone made any tables to be used to determine what odd objects are discovered by a thief cutting the purses of random passersby?

Crothian

First Post
Lance said:
Has anyone made any tables to be used to determine what odd objects are discovered by a thief cutting the purses of random passersby?

It depends to much where the rogue is. You m9ight be in a poor section, a rich section, a religious section, etc. It also depends on what type of person you target. I play all that by ear and random dice.

Lance

First Post
Yes, playing by ear is fine. Usually. But I've come into a situation that would make life much easier if I had a percentile-based table. I remember there was a Dragon magazine article from way back that included such a thing. . . .

Doc_Subtlety

First Post
Y'know, I used to play it by ear, but now that you've brought this up, I have a better idea:

I'm gonna treat Pickpocket as a Profession skill under normal circumstances, and save special stuff for when the plot calls for it.

Remove ads