Tale Weaver's Vampire: The Masquerade Game Board

ladyphoenix

First Post
Ruby
[sblock]
The rat looks up at you with pleading eyes "He bit me, he acted like he didn't recognize me! Like I smelled funny to him. What does he know about the places I've been? Stupid rabbit! Got any cheese?" The rat starts sniffing around on your lap.
[/sblock]

If Clover tries to put the rabbit back in his cage she notices that he seems to have calmed down a lot and willingly lets her put him back. He doesn't seem to like having the rat near him.
Ruby rubs her head in bewilderment. The situation was very weird indeed. She looks up at Clover. "Maybe we should give him a bath. Icarus attacked him because he smelt foreign, but still.. Rabbits rarely act this way unless threatened but even then their flight response triggers first..." Ruby quietly pondered.
"May I speak with Icarus?"
If Ruby converses with Icarus she will ask the following question. "Why are you so frightened of the rat, Pumpkin? What did you smell?"

izillama

First Post
Clover nodded, picking the fat white rabbit up by his scruff and quickly handing him over to the Amish girl.
"Hm... I wonder where Koln went? He's been gone a while..."

Bad bunny!

Strider_Koln

First Post
Actually, I'm going to interject. Something does happen when Koln heads back to the dorm...

Koln is walking back into the dorm room when he spots a girl walking down the hall in his direction. She is dressed in a black dress that looks so formal and modest that Koln thinks that she is some kind of missionary for a church (a catholic church of course!). She stops in front of Koln and he realizes that she is not a missionary, but Mindy with a rather drastic makeover! Her constantly exposed chest is now completely covered in a black collared shirt and she is wearing a knee length skirt with white stockings and black shoes.

Koln
[sblock]
Socrates says "Praise the Lord! Clover must have saved this girl! See what happens when you drink wine?"
[/sblock]

Mindy seems almost in a trance but upon seeing Koln she instantly recognizes him. "Hello there Father. And how are we this fine evening?"

Socrates falls off of Koln's shoulder and lands in his hand almost as if he's fainted.

Koln takes off his hat politely and smiles, wondering if appearances are what they seem. Koln needs to inquire further just to see how 'Christian' Mindy now is.

"I am wonderful, thank you for asking Mindy. Ah it does my blood good to see Catholic students hard at work, exercising God's gift of reason while carefully letting their faith guide it. Indeed, the saints, especially those wise doctors St. Aquinas and St. Augustine smile warmly upon students like you, whom have not forgotten their Catechism despite the constant intellectual bombardment of college life. It really would do me well if I could hear the Lord's Prayer spoken from just such a good student." Koln shrewdly asks as his eyes lock onto her's with a seemingly gentle/passing interest. In actuality he is preparing to put his training as an old-fashioned inquisitor into action...

Tale_Weaver

First Post
University Of Denver

Ruby rubs her head in bewilderment. The situation was very weird indeed. She looks up at Clover. "Maybe we should give him a bath. Icarus attacked him because he smelt foreign, but still.. Rabbits rarely act this way unless threatened but even then their flight response triggers first..." Ruby quietly pondered.
"May I speak with Icarus?"
If Ruby converses with Icarus she will ask the following question. "Why are you so frightened of the rat, Pumpkin? What did you smell?"

Ruby
[sblock]
As the rabbit is placed into your arms his nose twitches 100 miles an hour. He looks frightened and upset at the same time. He says to you "I smell something I don't like, I don't know what. She smells like something I should be afraid of. But she is smaller than me! I want to hide!"
[/sblock]

Tale_Weaver

First Post
University Of Denver

Koln takes off his hat politely and smiles, wondering if appearances are what they seem. Koln needs to inquire further just to see how 'Christian' Mindy now is.

"I am wonderful, thank you for asking Mindy. Ah it does my blood good to see Catholic students hard at work, exercising God's gift of reason while carefully letting their faith guide it. Indeed, the saints, especially those wise doctors St. Aquinas and St. Augustine smile warmly upon students like you, whom have not forgotten their Catechism despite the constant intellectual bombardment of college life. It really would do me well if I could hear the Lord's Prayer spoken from just such a good student." Koln shrewdly asks as his eyes lock onto her's with a seemingly gentle/passing interest. In actuality he is preparing to put his training as an old-fashioned inquisitor into action...

Mindy looks confused for a moment "Wait, wha? Oh right, yer more religious than my parents! Anyway, I've come to see Angie Father, she asked me to be here an' I got here as soon as I could."

Mindy moves past Koln seeing that the door is cracked open. She knocks and then enters. Upon seeing Clover a relaxed smile crosses her face "I'm here Angie, just like you asked. Like my new getup?" She doesn't seem to even notice Ruby sitting on the floor talking to the rabbit.

Strider_Koln

First Post
Mindy looks confused for a moment "Wait, wha? Oh right, yer more religious than my parents! Anyway, I've come to see Angie Father, she asked me to be here an' I got here as soon as I could."

Mindy moves past Koln seeing that the door is cracked open. She knocks and then enters. Upon seeing Clover a relaxed smile crosses her face "I'm here Angie, just like you asked. Like my new getup?" She doesn't seem to even notice Ruby sitting on the floor talking to the rabbit.

Koln politely nods and steps aside, his fears now confirmed. How could Clover do this...? She just corrupted an "innocent" person... ok, well Mindy was already plenty corrupt, but there was once hope. Now that she is serving a creature of the Devil (yes Clover) there is no hope for redemption for Mindy. He just prays that Clover does not use this power on anyone else, if- no, when, when it gets out of hand he knows what he must do...

God help him, he will be the end of them both, Ruby and Clover

No! No, Koln knows he cannot do that.
Fortunately, that day is far far far in the future, it must be! In a rage at himself Koln repeatedly throws himself against the nearest wall, smacking his shoulder and face into the wall until he creates enough pain in his head to take his mind away from his "divine duty." He wonders if Judas felt similar pain in being divinely designated to betray his friends. Did he know he would be cast as the eternal villain by the same Providence that allowed and ordained his actions?

He loves Ruby more than anything! Even more than... Yes... yes, even more than... that. And Clover... he must not forget that it is his fault that she is like this now. If only he didn't get involved, or if he just hurried her out of the club immediately. Or even better, if he just had more faith then he and her would be still walking in the grace of God as humans. It is all his fault that they were turned, and now this is his cross, a damned heavy mocking cross of :):):):), to carry until... well until he makes it all stop.

Koln sighs, placing his fallen hat back upon his head before returning to the room, making up an excuse for the banging in the hallway. "Ah, ow.. hi girls, just mind the bathroom floors, they can be slippery!" He quickly mutters before sitting beside Ruby.

Last edited:

ladyphoenix

First Post
Ruby
[sblock]
As the rabbit is placed into your arms his nose twitches 100 miles an hour. He looks frightened and upset at the same time. He says to you "I smell something I don't like, I don't know what. She smells like something I should be afraid of. But she is smaller than me! I want to hide!"
[/sblock]
Ruby then wondered if pumpkin ran into scary creatures during her travels. Maybe even the sewer creature they all had to fight earlier. "Well, we are both upset with you that you had to attack her without being provoked. Please refrain from doing so again. There's nothing to be afraid of once we get her cleaned up ok?" Ruby concluded in her response back to Icarus. She then cradled him in her arms and looked up to find a polar opposite version of Mindy.
"Hello again, where's your cute bunny shirt, not that I don't like your new outfit"
She held icarus towards Koln next to her for him to pet too if he wanted. She felt very much at peace with animals more than people.

Tale_Weaver

First Post
University of Denver

Ruby then wondered if pumpkin ran into scary creatures during her travels. Maybe even the sewer creature they all had to fight earlier. "Well, we are both upset with you that you had to attack her without being provoked. Please refrain from doing so again. There's nothing to be afraid of once we get her cleaned up ok?" Ruby concluded in her response back to Icarus. She then cradled him in her arms and looked up to find a polar opposite version of Mindy.
"Hello again, where's your cute bunny shirt, not that I don't like your new outfit"
She held icarus towards Koln next to her for him to pet too if he wanted. She felt very much at peace with animals more than people.

Mindy says in response to Ruby "Angie has asked me to change my look an' I just can't bring myself not to please her. She's very convincing, ya know?"

Koln
[sblock]
As you hold the rabbit Socrates comes on your shoulder and says to you "Meet the new slave! By the way, that's a good rabbit and good rabbits don't lie."
[/sblock]

izillama

First Post
Clover couldn't help quirking a curious eyebrow at the entrance of Mindy into the room. Was that...? Yes. She was certainly her previous roommate all right... But... Was there something different about her...?
"Angie has asked me to change my look an' I just can't bring myself not to please her. She's very convincing, ya know?"
'Oh... right...'
Ready to bear any amount of chiding from Koln, Clover finally nodded and stood up and walked sheepishly over to Mindy, as though about to tell a child an embarrassing secret. Humored. But shy.
She took Mindy lightly by the arm and led her to sit down on her bed, speaking as though to a simpleton, "Yes, Mindy, that's right. I did ask you to change your clothes. And yes. You did a very, very good job. Now, sit here for just a moment..."
She whipped around to face Koln's reproachful stare, and she spoke softly--maybe even too soft to be detected my Mindy's mortal ears--, "Look. I'm sorry! But we needed a helper. Edward told us to go to the bank. And you know what: Bank hours are during the DAYTIME hours! So look, she can help us! She's the perfect assistant. Charismatic. Now modestly dressed. And she'll keep her mouth shut." She shot Mindy a glance, as though to beat in the warning in her note about the hush-hush nature of the situation. Then, she turned back to Koln, almost pleading, "So please? Don't hate me so much..." She ended on a solemn note, as though waiting for the tongue lashing that was sure to follow.

Strider_Koln

First Post
Clover couldn't help quirking a curious eyebrow at the entrance of Mindy into the room. Was that...? Yes. She was certainly her previous roommate all right... But... Was there something different about her...?
"Angie has asked me to change my look an' I just can't bring myself not to please her. She's very convincing, ya know?"
'Oh... right...'
Ready to bear any amount of chiding from Koln, Clover finally nodded and stood up and walked sheepishly over to Mindy, as though about to tell a child an embarrassing secret. Humored. But shy.
She took Mindy lightly by the arm and led her to sit down on her bed, speaking as though to a simpleton, "Yes, Mindy, that's right. I did ask you to change your clothes. And yes. You did a very, very good job. Now, sit here for just a moment..."
She whipped around to face Koln's reproachful stare, and she spoke softly--maybe even too soft to be detected my Mindy's mortal ears--, "Look. I'm sorry! But we needed a helper. Edward told us to go to the bank. And you know what: Bank hours are during the DAYTIME hours! So look, she can help us! She's the perfect assistant. Charismatic. Now modestly dressed. And she'll keep her mouth shut." She shot Mindy a glance, as though to beat in the warning in her note about the hush-hush nature of the situation. Then, she turned back to Koln, almost pleading, "So please? Don't hate me so much..." She ended on a solemn note, as though waiting for the tongue lashing that was sure to follow.

Koln hands Ruby the rabbit back after briefly petting it, and hastens a hushed response to Clover, "I understand... but do you? You just guaranteed that girl an eternity in hell. That was once a living person..." Feeling himself grow increasingly upset he gently takes Clover's hand and leads her out into the hallway to continue the conversation.

"You cannot treat those around you like tools... just... agh, well you will 'live' with this sin, won't you? In the name of God... hell, just do it for me, don't make a habit of this. I am not angry with you, I still will happily do everything in my power to protect you for you are indeed my friend, however, when the times times then..."

Koln gently pats her shoulder, and walks past her on his way back into the room, muttering into her ear as does, "I will kill you."

HEERO YUY FTW!!!

Remove ads