Tale Weaver's Vampire: The Masquerade Game Board

Tale_Weaver

First Post
University of Denver

Looking at her friends uncertainly, 'This is my fault, not theirs...' she sat down next to the sulking Mindy, placing an arm around her shoulders, then recoiling it just as quickly when she realized how cold she probably was. No comfort at all.
She cleared her throat, quiet, "Well, I don't know why you're suddenly much... stronger. However, now that you know, and you accept it, I can assure you that you have nothing to fear. Don't worry, Mindy. We won't hurt you."
"Tweettweettweet...!"

Her soft words quickly turned icy as she turned on Koln, who was still flapping around the floor like a child playing zoo, "And you! Stand up like a man, already!" (mesmerize)

Koln stops flailing about and picks himself off the floor, panting with a frightened look on his face as he feels his clothes and face. "Thank God... I have returned. Now Mindy... now you see what evil lurks around you. I am sorry, I really hope I did not frighten you." Koln smiles warmly at her, returning his hat to his head. "Hey, since when did we have a spare bed?"

Well, you used to have a spare bed :p

Mindy says "Well lately I've felt strange, like I'm stronger and faster than before. An' I guess I owe that to you Angie, whatever it was that you did to me. I'm guessin' it's my turn to help you now. I must say I feel obliged, I feel like I hate you more than anythin' right now but at the same time I can't help but love you at the same time.
Who would have thought that vampires were real! This all sounds crazy! An' I suppose it really is my fault that this happened to you Angie. I'm sorry..."

izillama

First Post

Mindy says "Well lately I've felt strange, like I'm stronger and faster than before. An' I guess I owe that to you Angie, whatever it was that you did to me. I'm guessin' it's my turn to help you now. I must say I feel obliged, I feel like I hate you more than anythin' right now but at the same time I can't help but love you at the same time.
Who would have thought that vampires were real! This all sounds crazy! An' I suppose it really is my fault that this happened to you Angie. I'm sorry..."

Mindy's words immediately made Clover feel guilty, who just nonchalantly brushed them off as though they were the expected verbal exchange between a master and servant, "Don't worry about it. And yes, there is a way you can help me..."
She gave Koln and Ruby a quick, sideways grin as she began talking to Mindy, "In a certain bank, there's a certain lockbox that we need to check out on behalf of someone who could make our existences quite miserable if we don't follow orders. However, as I'm sure you know, banks are only open during the day and... well... that just won't work for us. So, how can you help us? Well, I think it would be most prudent for you to go to the bank in broad daylight and perhaps request a special... audience with the bank manager at a time that might be more palatable to me and my friends. So long as we can see the man, I can take care of him and any qualms he might have of letting us get into that box."
She looked to Koln and Ruby again, "Does that sound like a good plan?"

ladyphoenix

First Post
"Does that sound like a good plan?"
Ruby nodded in response, the deed seemed easy enough and it didn't place Mindy in harm's way. "Most definitely, that sounds like a plan to me," she said cheerfully.
She then pranced up to Mindy and gave her a hug. "Welcome welcome!" she said in a puppy like state of enthusiasm.

Tale_Weaver

First Post
University of Denver

Ruby nodded in response, the deed seemed easy enough and it didn't place Mindy in harm's way. "Most definitely, that sounds like a plan to me," she said cheerfully.
She then pranced up to Mindy and gave her a hug. "Welcome welcome!" she said in a puppy like state of enthusiasm.

Mindy gasps under the pressure of Ruby's hug "Squeezing....can't...breathe!" Ruby lets poor Mindy go and the girl puts a hand on her chest and takes deep breaths. "That's some grip you got there girl!" she says looking up at Ruby.

She composes herself and turns to Clover "So what am I supposed to say? I doubt they're just gonna make me an appointment just 'cause I ask them to."

Strider_Koln

First Post
Mindy gasps under the pressure of Ruby's hug "Squeezing....can't...breathe!" Ruby lets poor Mindy go and the girl puts a hand on her chest and takes deep breaths. "That's some grip you got there girl!" she says looking up at Ruby.

She composes herself and turns to Clover "So what am I supposed to say? I doubt they're just gonna make me an appointment just 'cause I ask them to."

Koln sighs and sits next to Mindy, Socrates sitting on his shoulder. "Hm.. Mindy does have a good point... But have faith Mindy, where there is a will... hm... where there's a will... there's probably a.. corpse?" Koln mutters as he looks off into the distant with a mile-long blank stare... "...Just repeat after me Mindy... 'The Lord shall preserve me from all evil; he shall preserve my soul...' mid-psalm Koln gets a little choked-up but he continues "The Lord shall preserve my going out and my coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore. Amen... Er.. excuse me! pardon!!" Koln exclaims, as if in pain, as he quickly leaps to his feet and bolt out the door and into the bathroom. From where you're sitting you can hear the former priest wretching and coughing painfully, pathetically sobbing in between his terrible hacking. The awful sounds stop, running water is heard followed by a sigh, and Koln returns to the dorm looking normal, but with traces of blood under the fingernails of his left hand.

izillama

First Post
"Um... what Koln means to say is, don't worry about what you have to do. Just follow whatever we tell you do. We won't lead you to harm, after all. Hm... say, Mindy? Do you still have that nice suit from career day? You know, the one with the pencil skirt? You wore those heels with it, remember? Can you go get it from your room? I think I have an idea of what we can do."
Koln walked back in the room just then. She saw the blood and shook her head in honest pity.

Tale_Weaver

First Post
University of Denver

"Um... what Koln means to say is, don't worry about what you have to do. Just follow whatever we tell you do. We won't lead you to harm, after all. Hm... say, Mindy? Do you still have that nice suit from career day? You know, the one with the pencil skirt? You wore those heels with it, remember? Can you go get it from your room? I think I have an idea of what we can do."
Koln walked back in the room just then. She saw the blood and shook her head in honest pity.

Mindy looks excited and heads for the door "I got that outfit still! I have it right in my closet. I'll be right back." She bounces out of the room happily, maybe a little too happily, and leaves you all in the room together to contemplate the situation further.

Mindy comes back about 20 minutes later dressed like a professional business woman complete with a gray suit jacket and matching pencil skirt. She looks at herself in the mirror on the back of the door and says "Ya know, when I wore this it was the first time anyone ever said I looked professional...it felt good."

Koln
[sblock]
Mindy looks attractive dressed professional. Maybe even too attractive but not in a dirty way. You think this just might work with a little bit of "guidance" from above.
[/sblock]

Tale_Weaver

First Post
University of Denver

Mindy looks excited and heads for the door "I got that outfit still! I have it right in my closet. I'll be right back." She bounces out of the room happily, maybe a little too happily, and leaves you all in the room together to contemplate the situation further.

Mindy comes back about 20 minutes later dressed like a professional business woman complete with a gray suit jacket and matching pencil skirt. She looks at herself in the mirror on the back of the door and says "Ya know, when I wore this it was the first time anyone ever said I looked professional...it felt good."

Koln
[sblock]
Mindy looks attractive dressed professional. Maybe even too attractive but not in a dirty way. You think this just might work with a little bit of "guidance" from above.
[/sblock]

izillama

First Post
Clover smiled at Mindy's recollection, "Yeah. I think you were the hit of career day that day. You clean up well."
Now, she stood and paced in front of her friends like a commander of sorts, "Ok, so I've been thinking how we're going to do this. And here's the plan. Feel free to jump in:
"Mindy will go to the bank looking like an important career woman. She will do this at the end of normal business hours. This will work, since there are less people at the bank at this time of day anyway. She'll go with the documentation and all of the information which we procured from Edward. Just in case anyone asks any questions, that is.
"Then, she'll ask to speak with the bank manager. She can say that she's there on behalf of the late Jacob Prestor and that some relations of his would like to speak with him regarding the contents of his lockbox. Very direct and honest. If at all possible, she'll set up a dinner with him that evening. I think that would be the best idea to meet at a restaurant. Like all tired business-men, I'm sure the bank manager couldn't possibly object to a free meal. Also, it's out in the open and won't arise suspicion. If he can't meet that night, she'll simply make an appointment.
"Now comes the fun part: Some acting, and a little supernatural persuasion. Mindy will bring the manager to a restaurant of our choosing. It doesn't matter where they're seated. So long as they get a table for five. That's right: Five. Enough room for Mindy, the manager, Jacob Prestor's close family priest and two mourning relatives. Then, once we're all seated at the table... it should be as easy as rinse and repeat so far as brain washing goes..." She grinned at the thought of mesmerizing him into submission, "We can easily have him go into the bank on his own--even during normal business hours--and empty the lockbox for us. Easy as pie."
She nodded, clearly convinced of her brilliant plan. Then she looked to her friends for comments, "Any thoughts?"

Remove ads