Tales of Irthos

Hurog

First Post
Humble Beginnings

Following a tip that there was trouble brewing in the northern reaches of Escaea. In search of knowledge, power, and, above all, adventure, you've followed these rumors to the port city of Dalmire, where everything from demons razing the countryside to undead bandit kings back for revenge are said to be happening.

Or so every countryman with an ear for a good story would have you think.

Entering from the south, you don't see anything immediately amiss. While you didn't expect adventure to just leap out at you, this is a bit anticlimactic after the buildup.

From your vantage point on the hills to the south, and some directions (and strange glances at your unusual group) from the locals, you manage to put together a general layout of the city.

Things aren't quite as expected, but then they never are.
One thing's for sure, nothing's going to happen just standing around.

Attachments

• Dalmire.JPG
    Dalmire.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 85

Dannius

First Post
Sunset strides confidently into the city with her newfound adventuring party, ignoring the stares they and she are getting. She's used to the lustful ones but the disapproving ones are still a bit unsettling and she's sometimes still has trouble with them. But she shrugs it off; it's a new life still and of course there's going to be some snags. It's all part of the adventure!

Although she is the shortest of the bunch she has a long stride and is nearly jogging, hense in the lead of the group. She stops at the first street corner, turns to her companions and smiles somewhat slyly.

"So many options- I say we stop off at the inn up ahead. I hear inns are good places to get leads. Besides, I'm hungry and could use a beer or two." She speaks somewhat quickly with not much of a pause between sentences. Her friends can tell she is excited to begin this.

Last edited:

rosie666

First Post
Asteron lumbers along just behind Sunset, eyes and ears alert. Being one of the largest of the group, he gets many stares, from both cautious adults and curious children. He is just as amazed as they are, considering he is in a completely new environment.

Asteron snorts through his nose, akin to clearing your throat, and says, curiously, "I suppose we can check out this 'Inn'. And I don't know what a beer is, but I sure could go for a hot bowl of stew. Do menfolk eat stew?". He speaks without making eye contact, taking in as much of his surroundings as he can.

rosie666

First Post
"I did not mean you little one, I meant them. And I come from a very secluded nomadic tribe of Minotaurs who roam and live of the land and keep to themselves."

Moniker247

First Post
Dipani walks behind you, staring intently at the street.

You both hear telepathic agreement to the prospect of beer and stew. "Sustenance is important to you, yes? Perhaps it would be advantageous to pursue a meal... I myself would welcome the chance to imbibe an alcoholic beverage; they sound delicious.

So much to see and do..."

Last edited:

Hurog

First Post
Driven by thoughts of a hearty stew, and this beer substance Sunset seems so enthusiastic about, you set off towards the Belligerent Badger Inn.

As you approach the well kept building, two stories high with paint clearly applied within the past few years, you spot it easily from the sign above its door featuring a rather grumpy looking badger.

The commons is fairly full at this time in the early evening, patrons enjoying a meals, drinks, and company. You elicit no small amount of sideways glances or outright stares as you open the door.

The young man at the bar, after a brief pause, plasters on a welcoming smile and gestures you inside.

Dannius

First Post
Sunset thanks him, smiling back, and allows him to show them to a table. After getting some food ordered she scans the inn, looking for other interesting people.

Moniker247

First Post
Dipani snaps her fingers and the Blue Danube begins to play faintly, emanating from the center of the table. Another pair of gestures make a spoon emit light and float over her head, a tiny chandelier. A final movement and the food gives off a little puff of steam. After preparing the table, Dipani begins to eat.

"Ah, excellent. Sunset, which is the 'beer' substance?"

Last edited:

Remove ads