Tales of Irthos

Moniker247

First Post
"What do you two think? It would seem foolish to pass up a guide, especially one who seems knowledgeable of local affairs. If he is indeed as low-maintenance as he claims, it will not be much trouble at all.

Besides, another over-sized humanoid could be advantageous in a combat situation. I cannot read your own private thoughts, Sunset, but I myself would welcome an extra lout to take a few hits for the small and dainty of us.

...Also, the emotional part of my thought process finds it difficult to disappoint his hang-dog expression."

Last edited:

Dannius

First Post
Sunset smiles knowingly and impishly at Dipani, signifying her agreement and showing that she is not the only one who can communicate nonverbally.

"I think that seems fair."

Moniker247

First Post
Dipani sits up with a start, scowling.

"Sunset, if you display visual or auditory clues a secret conversation is happening, it hardly remains a secret. Communicating silently is less likely to confuse others - or was that the idea? You humanoids can be so... different sometimes.

I leave the next few decisions to you two."

Dipani sits back in her chair and folds her arms. Her inner light dims as she relaxes.

Hurog

First Post
As Dipani relaxes, a commotion breaks out from another part of the room.

"Cheat!"

You see one of the men that was gambling stand, and pull out a knife, pointing it at the halfling.
"I saw what you did. You think you can pull one over on me? I'll have your hide for this."

The halfling backs away, hands held in front of him. "Look, Robin, buddy, pal. I don't know what you thought you saw, but we both know I'd never do anyth-"

"Liar!", the man with the knife shouts, as he takes an aggressive step towards the halfling. "You think I'll let you swindle me, steal my hard earned copper?"

By this point, they have the attention of all other patrons (with the exception of the party of elves, who resume their low discussion after a cursory glance), though none look about to take any action.
The bartender stands petrified, a look of horror on his face, and the halfling looks around the room pleadingly.

elmlily

First Post
It's difficult to catch sight of the purple-skinned, crystal-haired Genasi as he makes a whirlwind entrance through an open window. He appears just as suddenly in front of the man called Robin, hand on the hilt of his sword, which those close by can feel is exuding heat. He is calmly in control. His voice complements his guard's uniform as he simply states, "Put away your knife, and follow me out of the inn."

Anyone paying close attention to his face can tell he's rather enjoying this moment.

Dannius

First Post
Sunset walks over to the table as well. "I'm sure it was all a misunderstanding", she says calmly. "There's no need for any violence."

Moniker247

First Post
"Of course there isn't, Sunset. That man is a reproachable beast, threatening to stop the already fleeting existence of another sentient being."

Dipani takes her psychic orb in her left hand, and her spellshard in her right. As she stands up and walks over to join the discussion, her glow becomes a deeper shade of crimson. The lighting throws the bar into sharper relief as red shadows are cast throughout the room.

"Good sir Robin, your target is unarmed and scarcely approaches your waist in height. Is your blade really necessary? You are the worst kind of human, combining the brutality of your simian ancestors with the greed of your false gods. A handful of coins should not a murderer make, yet you would destroy this living creature for the sake of your own coffers! "

Dipani raises both spell shard and orb and prepares to cast Illusionary Ambush on Robin if he attacks anyone. Her voice drops to a dangerous growl as she advances on the human.

"Your crime far outweighs his. I will not stand idly by as you threaten this being with death. Give your blade to the guard or suffer the violence you seem so keen to incite."

Last edited:

Hurog

First Post
Robin glares at you three, murder in his eyes.
Clearly outnumbered, he slams his knife into the table, blade down, with a snarl and storms out of the inn.

The halfling lets loose a heavy sigh of relief.
"Many thanks. If it weren't for you, it might have been me with a hole in it instead of Bertram's table.", he says, flicking the still quivering blade. "I knew he had a temper, but he takes 'sore loser' to a whole new level."
He looks up with a smile and a nod. "Den Foley, delighted to make your acquaintance. Bertram! A round for my friends of whatever they're drinking," he shouts to the bartender, who gives a weary nod.

Last edited:

Moniker247

First Post
Dipani blinks rapidly and stands up straight. Her light dims to a familiar pink as she lowers her weapons.

"I apologize for the melodrama, Mr. Foley. My species has few lesser emotions; I believe the situation caused mine to surface."

Dipani sways slightly, and turns to face the Genasi.

"You'll have to excuse me, emotions can be mentally taxing. May I inquire as to your own identity, sir?"

Dannius

First Post
"Hooray for more drinks!" said Sunset, happy no nastiness was necessary. She goes back to her party and asks her new dragonborn friend Levitas about the rumours he has heard.

Remove ads