Tales of Irthos

rosie666

First Post
Asteron digs in to his stew eagerly with a humorously tiny spoon. He appears to enjoy it and motions to the bartender that he'd like four more bowlfuls.

"So, what's the easiest way to find trouble in a place like this?" he says as he starts on his third bowl of stew.

Moniker247

First Post
"I have several spells prepared that could incapacitate a large percentage of the inn's patrons, but I would have to discourage illegal activities. Alternatively, I could change the flavour of someone's food to something less appetizing. It's extraordinarily funny to watch a human's reaction when their food becomes incredibly spicy. I admit it's immature, but the entertainment and trouble potential is large. If you are looking for excitement outside the room, it might be advantageous to ask the indigenous."

Dipani leans back and sends a telepathic call to the room.

"Attention all civilians. Can any of you recommend a place to find adventure, treasure, or trouble?"

Last edited:

Hurog

First Post
The young woman serving your food and drink is somewhat homely, a fact not helped by the rather rotund belly, and seems somewhat apprehensive at first. At the clinking of your coin purses, however, she's all too happy to keep your bowls and mugs filled.

The room's fairly full, but a few patrons seem to stand out. Several elves and a couple of eladrin are gathered around a large table near the front windows; a slightly out of place young dragonborn lad (at least you think it's a lad) stands sweeping near the stairs upwards; a dwarf, female by the figure, sits by herself in green/grey robes, the only other patron even approaching Asteron's pace with the stew; and a group of two humans and a halfling seem to be involved in some form of gaming by the hearth.
Upon meeting Sunset's glance, the halfling offers her a wink and waves her over.

Dipani's call mostly leads to startled patrons and confusion, with the occasional suspicious glance at your table. The dragonborn, however, looks up with a gleam in his eye, and starts to head over.

rosie666

First Post
"Ah! Another reasonably sized creature!" Asteron says, snorting and smiling, clearly happy not to have to worry about stepping on this one. "What's your name lad?"

Moniker247

First Post
"Do you see? Trouble. I do believe I could have been a successful conjurer."

The spoon dims and floats back to the table. The Blue Danube stops as Dipani turns to face the newcomer.

"Welcome. I am Dipani. At this point, it is customary to state your own name and why you are here."

Dannius

First Post
"Well I was just going to go talk to them but that's much faster!" Sunset says, impressed. She gives Dipani a drink of her beer and introduces herself to the dragonborn.

jakeo5253

Villager
The Dragonborn chuckles a little at the strange greeting, "My name's Levitas Duktak, I'm the caretaker here." He states with a sarcastic grin. "I heard you're out looking for something to do? Well, i've only been here for a few months, but I've heard my fair share of tales just a tad more interesting than what they say they've been putting in the stew" he says glaring sympathetically at Asteron. "I'll share a rumour or two on just one condition."

Moniker247

First Post
"Sunset, this beer is excellent! It should be a more vibrant colour though; the yellowed-brown is far too drab."

The beer changes to a neon pink with yet another wave of the hand.

"That's much better. I'd forgotten how refreshing nourishment can be."

"Sir Duktak, I do hope your rumours are more interesting than the stew. What is your condition?"

jakeo5253

Villager
Levitas, still in a little shock from the strangeness of this company, props his broom up against the table and helps himself to a seat. "I figure most of ya are probably new 'round these parts. You're gonna need someone who knows the townsfolk, and the best map in Dalmire of the outskirts. I think I might be able to provide for you. Just so long as you don't leave me out of the boring parts. I can watch after, and keep to, myself if necessary, just let me come with."

You see a look of eagerness on the dragonborn's face, your suspicions of his age are confirmed by the sadness and anticipation in his eyes, relatable to that of a new-born canine.

Remove ads