Tales of Xadia: The Dragon Prince RPG Has Launched

Announced by Fandom last year, the official tabletop RPG of the animated series is now available to pre-order. Using the Cortex Prime system (and the first new Cortex-powered game in about a decade!) this 3-12-page book takes place between seasons 3 and 4 of the show. In the game, you can play an elf or a human. You can purchase the hardcover now for $49.99, or the Pdf for $24.99. The PDF...

Announced by Fandom last year, the official tabletop RPG of the animated series is now available to pre-order. Using the Cortex Prime system (and the first new Cortex-powered game in about a decade!) this 3-12-page book takes place between seasons 3 and 4 of the show. In the game, you can play an elf or a human.

You can purchase the hardcover now for $49.99, or the Pdf for $24.99. The PDF will release on March 29th, and the hardcover will ship after that date.

tox_cover-min__05604.1648465300.jpg

The Dragon Prince Roleplaying Game​

Purchase Tales of Xadia: The Dragon Prince Roleplaying Game the official tabletop roleplaying game for The Dragon Prince. Using the award-winning Cortex system, you and your friends will take on the role of characters and play your part in adventures set in the Netflix show's world. Your purchase includes:
  • A physical and digital copy of Tales of Xadia: The Dragon Prince Roleplaying Game, so you can play anywhere
  • Everything you need to create your own characters and tell your own stories set in Xadia
  • New official canon, lore, creatures, and wonders to discover
  • Details on the countries and people that inhabit the world of The Dragon Prince
  • All-new art featuring your favorite characters and locations from the show
  • Digital character sheets, premade characters, and tools to easily start playing
  • Digital tools to help you play remotely with friends

ruemere

Adventurer
This is probably the first Cortex* game book that feels to be complete in a sense an RPG manual you would expect to be:
1. It is focused. You get the rules and the setting, as opposed to toolkit and multiple variants of the CortexPrime book.
2. Themes that are quite uncommon in roleplaying: youths out to change the world of adults, politics and responsibilities. Also, the elves are different, and the humans do not feel bland.
3. The art and the layout are gorgeous.
4. There are lot of little player facing bits that make the game very beginner friendly.

There is quite a lot more that makes the book worth owning, but I need to read it first :)

----
* For CortexPrime version of the game rules.

Last edited:

Michael Linke

Adventurer
This is probably the first Cortex game book that feels to be complete in a sense an RPG manual you would expect to be:
1. It is focused. You get the rules and the setting, as opposed to toolkit and multiple variants of the CortexPrime book.
2. Themes that are quite uncommon in roleplaying: youths out to change the world of adults, politics and responsibilities. Also, the elves are different, and the humans do not feel bland.
3. The art and the layout are gorgeous.
4. There are lot of little player facing bits that make the game very beginner friendly.

There is quite a lot more that makes the book worth owning, but I need to read it first :)
I mean it kind of is the first Cortex Prime book, aside from the core rulebook.

Some of the pre-prime Cortex Plus books satisfy most of those requirements, with Firefly possibly satisfying all of them.

Thourne

Hero
The pdf is beautiful and very well written with lots of good setting info.
I can't wait for the physical books to ship.

Edit:
Id also add, I like the dropping of d4 stress and the renaming of Assets(previously signature assets) and Temporary Assets(formerly assets). It is much easier to explain assets to people with those terms.

Arise from your grave, thread, to haunt this board once more!

For those of you that have a copy of the rules, what are your feelings on the rules system? My daughter is almost 12, loves The Dragon Prince, and has played some 1E Pathfinder with friends and family. Is this something that a 12 year old could learn to play without too much difficulty?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
My daughter is almost 12, loves The Dragon Prince, and has played some 1E Pathfinder with friends and family. Is this something that a 12 year old could learn to play without too much difficulty?

It is a notably different mechanic than Pathfinder, but it also has fewer fiddly bit modifiers to keep track of. Yes, a 12-year old could learn it without much difficulty.

Remove ads

Remove ads