D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Yavathol

Explorer
"Door to the west? Maybe if we take our time and use plenty of grease on the hinges, we can open it relatively quietly?"

OOC:
Ilvellios has 60' darkvision, and is inclined to respect Renwick's wishes with respect to his brothers tomb..

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: Duran is blind as a bat

Duran inclines his head towards Renwick and follows his companions, if anyone is foolish enough to disrespect the dead Duran will intervene.

TallIan

Explorer
GM:
Ilvellios has 60' darkvision,
Sorry for some reason I keep thinking darkvision doesn't work at all in total darkness - my IRL players kept pointing this as well. So only Eroll and Duran can't see at all and some of my earlier posts probably don't make total sense.

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: I don't think I have any torches either I'd check but I'm getting daggers off the wife, assume I'm using ilys shoulder for guidance and shuffling my feet.

TallIan

Explorer
OOC:
I don't think I have any torches either I'd check but I'm getting daggers off the wife.
LOL, I know the feeling.
Both Duran and Errol have torches and Nariah has the light cantrip. I'm more concerned about the light being on or off as far as being seen goes. I'm not a big fan of detailed resource management, ie a torch burns for 1 hour so you've used x number... As long as you've made a half decent effort to plan for the eventuality and occasionally strike off a few from you kit list that works for me.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Dessarin/Stone Monastery
Day 7/Night
Round 0

“We have no wish to disturb the dead,” Errol promised Renwick. “We will leave them be.” He followed the old lich and the others down the stairs to the doorway. Like the study chamber, it was pitch dark. Errol held out his bullseye lantern to illuminate the chamber.

“I do have some oil,” he said, digging out one of the spare flasks he carried for his lantern. He went to check the west door to see if it was locked, and oiled the hinges as best he could using his thieves tools.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Thieves tools: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Bolts used:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 2
AC: 16
HP: 36/36+6 thp HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 35
Bolts: 18
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
21 gp
Amulet of Health
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
The door opens with a dry scraping sound causing you to wince, still without the oil it would have been much worse. Beyond you see a 40ft long corridor heading west, ending in a solid wooden door. There is a large, strong lock and a heavy bar across the door, making it all but impossible to open this door from the other side. Listening at the door, you can hear something large shuffling about.

Azurewraith

Explorer
"So a door that only opens from one side, and something large is dragging itself around the other side. This seems like it is going to end in a bad idea."

Duran mumbles to himself more than anyone else.

OOC: I'm guessing there is no key hole/ crack in the door to peak through.

Yavathol

Explorer
"Renwick said they had captured a large monster, it occurred to me that we could free it if we need a distraction, but I do not think that time is now.."

Azurewraith

Explorer
The plan looks good on paper but alas has several flaws. One we would need to sneak in after shutting this door behind us. Two there would have to be a obvious exit for the beast and finally the beast would need a reason to use said exit instead of eating us."

Duran brow furrows as he realises he was possibly a bit harsh."With age comes great wisdom."

Remove ads