• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ending the spell Duran murmurs to his companions who are all cramped into the undergrowth. "Stay down, I do not know what is out there but it does not look good. Large and red eyes are usually bad."

TallIan

Explorer
GM: I'm back. Just a little bump for my game, I'll move things a long in a day or so after I've caught up with my other games, to give anyone who wants a chance to do something other than "SHHHH! let's be very quite and he'll go away."

TallIan

Explorer
Desairn Valley, Day 9, Pre dawn

The sporadic clanking continues to grow louder for a few minutes, then starts to fade. Once the noise dissipates the remainder of your rest passes uneventfully. In the morning it is very easy to spot a trail of snapped and trampled brush showing an erratic trail crossing your path.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dessarin/Farm
Day /Morning
Round 0

“What about the orcs and the missing farmers?” Errol reminded the others. “They should be our priority. If that...thing last night is in the same direction, fine. We will need to keep an eye out for it. But there are people needing us to rescue them.”

Errol took a moment to give a bit of a pep talk as they broke camp.

OOC: Inspiring Leader: Everyone gets 6 temp hp

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Action Surge:
Free Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 3
AC: 16
HP: 36+6 thp/36 HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 34
Arrows used: 0
Bolts: 13
Bolts Used: 0
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
21 gp (???)
200 cp (Held by Errol)
Set of Keys (Held by Illvelious) - one key opens the doors to the guard room, +3 more keys
Small figurine of a one-eyed orc (Gruumsh)(Held by Illvelious)
Ring of Fire Resistance (Held by Errol)
Silver ruby ring (600 gp)(Held by Errol)
Reszor, magical rapier - Rapier (uncommon), requires attunement (Held by Errol)
Reszor was commissioned by a soldier turned assassin to enhance his ability to kill without being detected. It has a star motif etched into the blade and the handle is of blue leather. Dried blood clings to the blade and cannot be cleaned off. The weapon counts as magical and when you make an attack against on opponent while hidden the attack will make no noise. Additionally, when you make an attack with this weapon and get to use bonus damage dice, such as superiority dice or sneak attack dice, roll an additional die and discard the lowest. When you say the command word "Reszor" the blade will glow with dim light out to a 5ft radius, saying the command word again will turn the light off. Finally there is a mild curse on the blade that drives the wielder to kill. After rendering an opponent incapacitated or unconscious make a DC7 WIS saving throw to stop yourself from killing the creature.
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Desairn Valley, Day 9, Dawn

Picking up the orc trail once more you continue for around an hour. A small copse of trees comes into view when you suddenly hear an ominous swishing as three arrows land amongst you.

GM: Roll for initiative. Anyone who beats _: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3
can go. The copse is around 100ft ahead of you and slightly off from your direction of travel.

Remove ads