D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dessarin Valley
Afternoon
Round 0

Initiative: 1D20+4 = [19]+4 = 23

OOC: Yes, I’m still here. I had Errol in overwatch on the other side of the fence, so until anything happened, there really wasn’t anything for me to post. Errol will shoot the first guard he sees that tries to raise the alarm, or if he can’t see that guard, then he will shoot one of the other guards once the alarm is raised, aiming for those closest to the party members inside the camp..

Heavy Crossbow: 1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26
1D10+4 = [10]+4 = 14

[sblock=Actions]
Move: None
Action:
Bonus Action:
Action Surge:
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Free Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 3
AC: 16
HP: 36+6 thp/36 HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (3/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 34
Arrows used: 0
Bolts: 14
Bolts Used:
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
27 gp (Held by Errol)
200 cp (Held by Errol)
Set of Keys (Held by Illvelious) - one key opens the doors to the guard room beneath the Earth Monastary, +3 more keys
Small figurine of a one-eyed orc (Gruumsh)(Held by Illvelious)
Ring of Fire Resistance (Held by Errol)
Silver ruby ring (600 gp)(Held by Errol)
Reszor, magical rapier - Rapier (uncommon), requires attunement (Held by Errol)
Reszor was commissioned by a soldier turned assassin to enhance his ability to kill without being detected. It has a star motif etched into the blade and the handle is of blue leather. Dried blood clings to the blade and cannot be cleaned off. The weapon counts as magical and when you make an attack against on opponent while hidden the attack will make no noise. Additionally, when you make an attack with this weapon and get to use bonus damage dice, such as superiority dice or sneak attack dice, roll an additional die and discard the lowest. When you say the command word "Reszor" the blade will glow with dim light out to a 5ft radius, saying the command word again will turn the light off. Finally there is a mild curse on the blade that drives the wielder to kill. After rendering an opponent incapacitated or unconscious make a DC7 WIS saving throw to stop yourself from killing the creature.
[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer

Seeing that everyone was ready, the monk sprang into action, silently charging the nearest orc, swinging staff and fist!

OOC:
[roll0]
Action:
[roll1]
[roll2]
Bonus action: martial arts
[roll3]
[roll4]

[sblock]Ilvellios hp 39/39 thp 6
Str +0(+2 Saves), Dex +4(+6 Saves), Con +1, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha -1
Acrobatics +6, Survival +5, Stealth +6, Insight +5, Perception +5
AC 17
Inspiration yes
Ki: 1/4
HD: 2/4
Quarterstaff +6, 1d8+4
Unarmed/Radiant Bolt +6, 1d4+4

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...otA-Campiagn&p=6897912&viewfull=1#post6897912
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
OOC: Just a rough outline map of the camp. I'll get the battle map up tomorrow when I have a busy day of watching a giant heater warm up NYC.

It may not quite match the earlier description I gave, but I've tweaked it to bring you guys a bit closer together, otherwise I think Duran will either have a boring or fatal encounter. (E)rol and (D)uran are shown on the map. The rest of you are at the end of the yellow line. I'm making a detailed map of that bit of the camp.

Attachments

• Orc Camp.png
    Orc Camp.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 229

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: I totally didn't forget after looking at the map. [roll0]

Duran will hang back he isn't much for physical confrontation and his magical energies are almost spent.

TallIan

Explorer
Round 1

Seeing the others start to attack Errol sends a bolt sailing over the fence and intervening tents to catch one of the dozing orcs completely unaware. He lets out a spasm and lies there dead.

A flash of energy from Nariah catches the other orc unawares, but isn't enough to kill him. He has just enough time to look around before a flurry of blows from Illvilious finishes him off.

Despite the speed of the opening attack it appears it has not gone unnoticed as you hear a few grunts and grumbles from nearby tents. When three orc appear from the tents, they are quick to react to the intruders. One Rushing Illvilious and the other two Thateous.

One of Thateous' attackers lands a blow that leaves him staggering, but the other attacker misses. Illvilous's attacker misses.

GM: Thateous' bow attack hasn't come yet, so you can use the ready action from that on one of the new orcs for round 1 (before the orcs act) and then whatever your action for round 2 is.
Blooded Orc; Orc 3; Orc 4: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17
1D12+3 = [6]+3 = 9
1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11
1D12+3 = [12]+3 = 15
1D20+5 = [2]+5 = 7
1D12+3 = [9]+3 = 12

Illvilious: 39+6/39
Duran: 14/28 Bear AC 11 23/34 Dodging
Nariah: 23+6/23
Thateus: 18/32
Erol: 36+6/36

[-]Orc 1: 0/15]/-] Dead
[-]Orc 2: 0/15]/-] Dead
Orc 3: 15/15 AC(11)
Orc 4: 15/15 AC(11)
Blooded Orc: 25/25 AC(11)

Attachments

• Orc Fight.png
    Orc Fight.png
    912.8 KB · Views: 246

Yavathol

Explorer

Moving swiftly, expertly judging the orcs reach and style, Ilvellios side stepped and then unleashed a counter attack! He jabbed his fingers at his opponents face, and then took advantage of the distraction to stab at the knee with the butt of his staff..

OOC:
Action:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Bonus action: martial arts
[roll2]
[roll3]

[sblock]Ilvellios hp 39/39 thp 6
Str +0(+2 Saves), Dex +4(+6 Saves), Con +1, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha -1
Acrobatics +6, Survival +5, Stealth +6, Insight +5, Perception +5
AC 17
Inspiration yes
Ki: 1/4
HD: 2/4
Quarterstaff +6, 1d8+4
Unarmed/Radiant Bolt +6, 1d4+4

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...otA-Campiagn&p=6897912&viewfull=1#post6897912
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: Duran hasn't got much this fight so unless someone needs healing just assume he does his best to stay hidden only have a couple of slots left and don't want to use them unless we really need them.

Remove ads