D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

TallIan

Explorer
Round 4

Duran catches up with his wounded colleauge, calling on the power of nature to help him. Erol drew a bead on the leading orc, catching a glancing hit with his crossbow. Illvilious swings hit staff but the orc dodges. He doesn't see the follow up fist and takes it square on the jaw. Nariah blasts at one of the attacking orcs, but it goes wide.

The Orc warchief lets out a deafening bellow as he charges Illvilious, hitting the monk with a savage swing from his axe. The warchiefs bellow seems to inspire his troops as their own attacks seem to gain a new savagery. The bloodorc attacking Illvilious strikes the ranger a blow that knocks him down, out for the fight for now. The second blood orc charges Duran swinging wildly, but one of the swings hits the druid. The badly wounded Orc, seems about to flee, but finds courage from his chiefs savage call and peruses Nariah behind the tent, catching the warlock and knocking her down. The last orc catches up and attacks Illvilious along side his chief.

[SBLOCK=rolls and stuff]
Duran casts cure wounds on Thateous for 8
Erol hits Orc Warchief for 6
Illvilious deflects the incoming javelin from round 3, hits blood orc for 5
[MENTION=3552]Char[/MENTION]womangene Orc 1 was already dead, but I appreciate the labels are hard to read on the map. All the other orcs have a higher AC, as they haven't just woken up
War chief: 2D20.HIGH(1)+6 = [19, 10]+6 = 25
1D12+1D8+4 = [4]+[4]+4 = 12

Blood orc vs Thateous: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19
1D12+3 = [12]+3 = 15
Advantage from Warchiefs battle cry
Blood Orc2 vs Duran: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [9, 7]+5 = 14
1D12+3 = [6]+3 = 9

Orc 6 vs Nariah: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [2, 11]+5 = 16
1D12+3 = [8]+3 = 11

Orc 5 vs Illvilious: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [18, 10]+5 = 23
1D12+3 = [3]+3 = 6
[/SBLOCK]

OOC: Illvilious: 33/39
Duran: 5/28 Bear AC 11 23/34
Nariah: 0/23
Thateus: 0/32 Dodge
Erol: 36+6/36

[-]Orc 1: 0/15[/-] Dead
[-]Orc 2: 0/15[/-] Dead
[-]Orc 3: 0/15[/-] AC Dead
[-]Orc 4: 0/15[/-] AC Dead
Blooded Orc: 12/25 AC(11)
Orc 5: 7/15
Orc 6: 1/15
Blooded Orc 2: 25/25
Orc Warlord: 83/83

Attachments

• Orc Fight.png
    Orc Fight.png
    1,000 KB · Views: 121

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
So Duran is the one by orc 6? G4? Or is that Nariah?
Contemplating withdrawing and getting over the fence to rejoin Errol, but don't want to abandon anyone?

Last edited:

Yavathol

Explorer

"Let's try to take out the injured!" Ilvellios yelled, realising that they were in gravest peril.

OOC:
Action: Attack an injured orc.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Bonus action: use last ki to Dodge

[sblock]Ilvellios hp 33/39 thp 0
Str +0(+2 Saves), Dex +4(+6 Saves), Con +1, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha -1
Acrobatics +6, Survival +5, Stealth +6, Insight +5, Perception +5
AC 17
Inspiration yes
Ki: 0/4
HD: 2/4
Quarterstaff +6, 1d8+4
Unarmed/Radiant Bolt +6, 1d4+4

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...otA-Campiagn&p=6897912&viewfull=1#post6897912
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
OOC:
Ah, that's ok then. I misread k5 as saying orc 4 and thought I was on my own in the big melee!
Yeah, it can be confusing, roll 20 places the icon name under the icon, so if two icons are stacked like that it can get confusing.

Lol, I did wander why you were contemplating abandoning your friends :p

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: Eek this is going South rather rapidly.
OOC:

Duran is caught off guard after running to heal his friend and is now stuck in the melee. Focusing the natural energy around him he enhances his walking stick so he can attempt to crack skulls at the very least. In the back of his mind he could not stop thinking about his fallen comrade who needed aid, as he swings at a nearby orc.
OOC:
Casting shillelagh as bonus action then attacking L4.
[roll0]
[roll1]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dessarin Valley
Afternoon
Round 5

Errol cursed as two of his companions went down to the orcs. He didn’t have any healing potions or any way to get them up again. He focused his next bolt on the orc that had downed Nariah. When it went down, he hopped over the fence to try and head toward the unconscious and bleeding woman. Unfortunately, he got caught on the thorns and fell on the other side and had to pick himself up before heading for her.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: To C7 - unsure if I can move that far if messing up on the fence? Move me however far I can.
Athletics to jump fence: 1D20 = [2] = 2
Falling Damage: 1D6 = [2] = 2
Action: Attack Orc 6
Heavy Crossbow: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18
1D10+4 = [5]+4 = 9

Bonus Action:
Action Surge:
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Free Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 3
AC: 16
HP: 36+4 thp/36 HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (0/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 34
Arrows used: 0
Bolts: 9
Bolts Used: 5
Action Surge (1/R)*
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
27 gp (Held by Errol)
200 cp (Held by Errol)
Set of Keys (Held by Illvelious) - one key opens the doors to the guard room beneath the Earth Monastery, +3 more keys
Small figurine of a one-eyed orc (Gruumsh)(Held by Illvelious)
Ring of Fire Resistance (Held by Errol)
Silver ruby ring (600 gp)(Held by Errol)
Reszor, magical rapier - Rapier (uncommon), requires attunement (Held by Errol)
Reszor was commissioned by a soldier turned assassin to enhance his ability to kill without being detected. It has a star motif etched into the blade and the handle is of blue leather. Dried blood clings to the blade and cannot be cleaned off. The weapon counts as magical and when you make an attack against on opponent while hidden the attack will make no noise. Additionally, when you make an attack with this weapon and get to use bonus damage dice, such as superiority dice or sneak attack dice, roll an additional die and discard the lowest. When you say the command word "Reszor" the blade will glow with dim light out to a 5ft radius, saying the command word again will turn the light off. Finally there is a mild curse on the blade that drives the wielder to kill. After rendering an opponent incapacitated or unconscious make a DC7 WIS saving throw to stop yourself from killing the creature.
[/sblock]

Remove ads