• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

TallIan

Explorer
Round 3

Duran summoned the very grass and weeds to his aid, causing sudden growth on the ground between them and the river. The plants reached up and wrapped themselves around the gnoll (gnoll 3) who had made it across the river, holding him fast. Illvilious closes with the gnoll (gnoll 3) attacking Errol catching it a solid blow with his staff. J.V. continues his attacks on the gnoll across the river, he only catches it a glancing blow, but his curses have brought more than the strike would suggest. Errol, draws his rapier and thrusts at the gnoll (gnoll 3) in front of him running the beat through. Nariah focuses her enmity on the gnoll pack lord and sends a blast of energy at it.

Cearly enraged, the pack lord sends another two arrows at Errol but both go wide. The pack lord takes a step forward as if to wade through the river, then thinks better of it turning to flee. As it dashes back through the camp two javelins fly out of the bushes on the west bank both scoring solid hits. Badly wounded the pack lord continues to flee.
GM:
Initiative: Group 1: PartyGroup 2: Gnolls and scouts
[SBLOCK=Rolls and notes]
Gnoll save for entangles: 1D20+2 = [5]+2 = 7

Pack lord attack and damage vs Errol: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15
1D8+3 = [4]+3 = 7
1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8
1D8+3 = [7]+3 = 10

Scout 1 attack and damage vs pack lord: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [20, 9]+4 = 24
1D6+2 = [5]+2 = 7
2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [18, 6]+4 = 22
1D6+2 = [6]+2 = 8
rolled both together

Scout crit. daamge: 1D6 = [1] = 1
1D6 = [5] = 5
rolled twice again by mistake only 1 point of damage
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Conditions]
Gnoll Pack Lord: 6/49 hex (twice)
[-]Gnoll 1: 0/22 DEAD[/-]
[-]Gnoll 2: 0/22 DEAD[/-]
[-]Gnoll 2: 0/22 DEAD[/-]
Errol : 28+5/28
Illvilious: 21+5/21
Duran: 24+5/24
Nariah: 18+5/18
J.V.: 28+5/28
[/SBLOCK]

Positions
The party is on the east bank in a rough line along the river.
The Pack lord is on the west bank on the opposite side of the fire pit about 10ft short of the bushes.
There are two unknown attackers to your left as you look at the pack lord.

Last edited:

Yavathol

Explorer

Cheered by the retreat of the Pack Lord, Ilvellios sent a bolt of light to prevent it returning later with reinforcements..

OOC:

Action:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Reaction: Deflect Missiles if needed.

I'm afraid I will be away until Tuesday, not sure how good the internet will be where I'm going, so if I go quiet, thats why!

[sblock]Ilvellios hp 21/21 thp: 5/5
Str +0(+2 Saves), Dex +3(+5 Saves), Con +1, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha -1
Acrobatics +5, Survival +5, Stealth +5, Insight +5, Perception +5
AC 16
Inspiration no
Ki: 2/3
HD: 3/3
Quarterstaff +5, 1d8+3
Unarmed/Radiant Bolt +5, 1d4+3
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...otA-Campiagn&p=6897912&viewfull=1#post6897912
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Temple of Howling Hatred
Day 4/Evening
Round 4

Errol tilted his body to avoid the gnoll’s arrows, and it soon fled. Two javelins scored hits from somewhere in the bushes and Errol nocked an arrow and turned his bow to the bushes, ready to fire in case it was more foes.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Ready to fire if it’s enemies.
Longbow attack: 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21
Longbow damage: 1D8+3 = [7]+3 = 10
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Errol Dax
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
Superiority Dice: (3/4/R @ d8) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 33/40 (used 3 this combat)
Action Surge (1/R)*
Second Wind (1/R)
Inspiring Leader (1/R)*
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
OOC:
((Did Gnoll 3 die? If not, did he make his Strength save vs the trip?))

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

I've just noticed that Tapatalk, presumably the enworld app, are not displaying my posts properly. All the combat posts are missing a few lines at the end. Usually the ones describing where characters are and who's dead.

Weirdly the text is all there if i try and edit it but once I post some of it disappears. I'll try to get it fixed, but in the mean time it might be worth checking on the web view if you think something is missing.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads