• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC: Is there someone we're waiting for?
Enjoying the renewed post frequency, though I realise RL will inevitably intrude at some point!
 

TallIan

Explorer
Round 5

Illvilious swing at his attacker but missed, then took up a defensive stance. Duran summoned some druidic magic to aid him then clouted one of the large orcs over the head with his club. Erol looses an arrow that finises off Nariah's atacker before falling over the fence. He picks himself up and moves closer to the fight. Not quite out of the fight, Nariah comes round and moves to unleash her fey powers on one of the orcs, blasting him with a blow that barely leaves him standing, before taking cover again.

The bloodorc answers Duran's attack, hacking into the druid with terrifying savagery, leaving the Druid a broken pile on the floor. The other orcs swing at the monk, missing his tight defense, but the Orc Chief swings with a skill not possessed by his underlings and lands a horrible blow.

[SBLOCK=Rolls and Actions]
Blood orc 2 vs Duran: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25
1D12+3 = [6]+3 = 9
Hits Crit won't affect it

Blood orc vs Illvilious: 1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14
1D12+3 = [5]+3 = 8
Should be with disadvantage, but missed anyway

orc 5 vs Illvilious: 2D20.LOW(1)+5 = [14, 3]+5 = 8
1D12+3 = [3]+3 = 6
Missed

orc warlord vs Illvilious: 2D20.LOW(1)+6 = [5, 1]+6 = 7
1D12+4 = [3]+4 = 7
2D20.LOW(1)+6 = [12, 20]+6 = 18
1D12+4 = [12]+4 = 16
Hit once for 16[/SBLOCK]

OOC: Illvilious: 17/39 Dodge
Duran: 0/28
Nariah: 1/23
Thateus: 0/32
Erol: 36+4/36

[-]Orc 1: 0/15[/-] Dead
[-]Orc 2: 0/15[/-] Dead
[-]Orc 3: 0/15[/-] AC Dead
[-]Orc 4: 0/15 AC[/-] Dead
Blooded Orc: 12/25 AC(11)
Orc 5: 7/15
[-]Orc 6: 0/15[/-] Dead
Blooded Orc 2: 8/25
Orc Warlord: 83/83

No map, as nothing has changed except Erol's move. He can only make it to C10 with the fall over tehe fence
 

Yavathol

Explorer
"Fall back, Nariah!"
OOC:

What's the plan guys? 'Cause I don't think we can just stand toe to toe and fight them? Should we try and move over to Errol at C10, hoping that another round of missile fire will help?

I don't think the orcs can reach Errol in one round, but they can reach Nariah (?) so if she falls back then I'll take the disengage and move actions, should be able to avoid one round of attacks this way? Happy to listen to any other plans! Just wish we had some healing potions or other one use magic items!

 
Last edited:

Thateous

Registered User
OOC: Well a number of things went wrong here that put half the party on its back. The dice were unkind on top of all that. I'd be ok with letting things play out as is. There are a number of ways this could go.
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC:
OOC: Well a number of things went wrong here that put half the party on its back. The dice were unkind on top of all that. I'd be ok with letting things play out as is. There are a number of ways this could go.
I'm a strong believer in crit happens and let the dice fall where they may, it ain't over yet errol and ilv could easily beat a retreat even some of us fall.
 

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
The people who are still up could beat a retreat, but I'm not going to have Ilvellios retreat until we have an agreement to do so

Apart from the current enemies, there are still goblins and wolves at the camp entrance, right? So if we do decide to retreat then it's back over the wall, athletics checks needed to avoid damage? That also limits our ability to kite the leader... I just feel our strategy here needs to be a bit more sophisticated than standing and hoping we get lucky!

 

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
Maybe we could try to focus fire on the leader, in the hope that their morale will break if we drop him?

Alternatively, @TallIan do any of the prisoners in the cages look like they know how to fight? The guards are dead, they just need a knife to cut the knots? Actually, if the guards were standing close to the cage when they dropped, their weapons may be in reach of the prisoners?
 

TallIan

Explorer
OOC:
OOC: Alternatively, @TallIan do any of the prisoners in the cages look like they know how to fight? The guards are dead, they just need a knife to cut the knots? Actually, if the guards were standing close to the cage when they dropped, their weapons may be in reach of the prisoners?
It's hard to tell, as they are covered in dirt and grime, but they are all wearing simple work clothes. All of them are simply watching the fight. The two initial guards are at M9 and O10
 
Last edited:

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
Ok, it doesn't look like we'll get any backup from the prisoners. I agree with Azurewraith about retreating the briar, so Ilvellious will disengage and move at full speed once [MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] have confirmed they are moving back as well..fingers crossed!
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Dessarin Valley
Afternoon
Round 5

OOC: I’m fine with retreating, but we’ll be leaving Duran on the ground. Not sure Errol likes that too much. Errol has a healing kit to stabilize Duran, but no healing potions.


“I think we need to retreat!” Errol called out. “Can someone get Duran?” He didn’t want to leave the old man bleeding out in the dirt like this. He needed to weed out some of the orcs. He fired at the one that looked the most injured.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action: Attack Orc 5
Heavy Crossbow: 1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25
1D10+4 = [6]+4 = 10

Bonus Action:
Action Surge:
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Free Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 3
AC: 16
HP: 36+4 thp/36 HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (0/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 34
Arrows used: 0
Bolts: 9
Bolts Used: 5
Action Surge (1/R)*
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
27 gp (Held by Errol)
200 cp (Held by Errol)
Set of Keys (Held by Illvelious) - one key opens the doors to the guard room beneath the Earth Monastery, +3 more keys
Small figurine of a one-eyed orc (Gruumsh)(Held by Illvelious)
Ring of Fire Resistance (Held by Errol)
Silver ruby ring (600 gp)(Held by Errol)
Reszor, magical rapier - Rapier (uncommon), requires attunement (Held by Errol)
Reszor was commissioned by a soldier turned assassin to enhance his ability to kill without being detected. It has a star motif etched into the blade and the handle is of blue leather. Dried blood clings to the blade and cannot be cleaned off. The weapon counts as magical and when you make an attack against on opponent while hidden the attack will make no noise. Additionally, when you make an attack with this weapon and get to use bonus damage dice, such as superiority dice or sneak attack dice, roll an additional die and discard the lowest. When you say the command word "Reszor" the blade will glow with dim light out to a 5ft radius, saying the command word again will turn the light off. Finally there is a mild curse on the blade that drives the wielder to kill. After rendering an opponent incapacitated or unconscious make a DC7 WIS saving throw to stop yourself from killing the creature.
[/sblock]
 

Yavathol

Explorer
"I'll try!"

OOC: I don't know how heavy Duran is, or if picking him up counts as my free object interaction?

Any way, Ilvellios will try and get over towards where the others have run to, picking up Duran if he is able, or Disengaging if that's not possible..
 

Advertisement

Top