• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit takes Percy's hand roughly at first, but then his eyes meet hers, and any barbaric glint they once had is instantly gone, replaced by a cowed look that seems unnatural on the dwarf's scarred face.

Holding her hand with a delicacy he reserved only for washing his kilt, he stutters, "Ah, yes, well, kings and queens, that is, one king and one queen, Ah mean, a pair, not people even, jes' big slabs of moving rock, really, wasn't much t'tell th'truth, merely a one-on-one, prob'ly not e'en fair, but ah..." He looks down, abashed.

Glancing around, grasping for something to save him, he catches Nurlan in his scan. "Er, yes! Ah know Nurlan well, we were in Monemvassia t'gether, for a time, eh? Can't say Ah remember yer kin, but me memory's never been great, so..." He coughs, then awkwardly releases Percy's hand and begins nervously rubbing the haft of his axe.

After a moment, he sits down and, extremely politely, orders another drink from the barmaid.

Theroc

First Post
Viktor Talthem's entrance to the Red Dragon Inn was a quiet thing, like a whisper. He was not a particularly stealthy man, but giving the general commotion, his entrance would draw no extra attention save to those already viewing the doorway.

He unobtrusively made his way toward a seat near the commotion yet not so close as to seem as if he was eavesdropping, the youth listening eagerly for any tales of adventure to be had. He wasn't sure how to start the adventuring business, though he would be clearly eager to begin, were one to strike up chat with the boy, with his chain shirt and polearm, flail on his waist. It was obvious he was looking for something to do. And from the black marks on his cheeks, one might suspect he forged the equipment himself.

orsal

LEW Judge
Viktor Talthem's entrance to the Red Dragon Inn was a quiet thing, like a whisper. He was not a particularly stealthy man, but giving the general commotion, his entrance would draw no extra attention save to those already viewing the doorway.

He unobtrusively made his way toward a seat near the commotion yet not so close as to seem as if he was eavesdropping, the youth listening eagerly for any tales of adventure to be had. He wasn't sure how to start the adventuring business, though he would be clearly eager to begin, were one to strike up chat with the boy, with his chain shirt and polearm, flail on his waist. It was obvious he was looking for something to do. And from the black marks on his cheeks, one might suspect he forged the equipment himself.

But he was not so quiet as to be unnoticed by the staff. Joe grunts at his entrance, and a barmaid quickly shuffles off to brief him on the rules of the place. "Excuse me sir, but when you come in hear, you should always greet Joe -- he's up at th bar -- and then introduce yourself to the crowd here. Joe is very picky about that."

Theroc

First Post
Viktor watched the barmaid approach, smiling politely to her as he attempted to wipe the forge from his face before she arrived. He was slightly more presentable by the time she arrived, though luckily he still had some coal on his face to mask the drained color as the boy realized he may have slighted someone unintentionally.

"Thank you for the warning Mi'lady, I'll be sure to introduce myself posthaste." The boy replied, rising from his seat to go towards where Joe was standing, making a small, elaborate bow without moving too much(and therefore not risking smacking anyone with his guisarme)

"Warmest greetings my good sir, I apologize for any affront I may have caused you for my quiet entrance, I am Viktor Talthem and merely did not want to cause any trouble or interrupt the goings on."

He paused and awaited a response from the barkeep while contemplating how he would go about introducing himself to the crowd without being rude. After all, he did not want to incite a barfight...

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Glad for anything to tear him away from Percy's commanding gaze, Rasereit latches on to the newcomer immediately. "Viktor! New to the Inn, eh? Ye'll be a regular in no time, can't beat th' booze or the blokes, eh? Sit down, mate, an' tell us where ye're from."

Theroc

First Post
Viktor blinked as a dwarf immediately greeted him, even before he'd announced his presence. There must have been a lull in the conversation as he'd introduced himself to Joe, which this dwarf overheard. He smiled politely to cover his nervousness as he accepted the invitation, taking a nearby seat and addressing the dwarf.

"As you already know, Master Rasereit, my name is Viktor Talthem, of House Talthem here in Orussus. House Talthem isn't particularly well known, but it's an old house that has been around for generations. Unfortunately for my father, I've little interest in playing at politics... I'd much rather make my way as an adventurer, and learn from the experience. Perhaps once I've sated my wanderlust, I'll settle into a noble's life."

Viktor let himself pause there, in case another wished to speak. If given a moment's pause, Viktor would add a question. "From where do you hail, sir?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan follows his dwarven friend over to the newcomer. "Well met, good Viktor! I am Nurlan. I travel the world singing its songs, although last year I started an amphitheatre outside Monemvassia where I've been spending a lot of time too."

Theroc

First Post
Viktor smiled faintly, masking his nervousness at all the attention (which he'd mostly been removed from due to his eccentrics for becoming a warrior). His small amount of noble training helped him with this, at least for the most part.

"Monemvassia, you say? That's a bit of a journey, though if you travel the world, no place is too far for you, eh?" The youth smiled, before asking another question, "From where do you hail, Master Nurlan?"

Richard Rawen

First Post
[sblock=OOC: ]Sorry, is this the latest RDI? I cannot find another yet:
#1 - It says RDI 08
#2 - It's been 10 days since the last post!
Blessings,
M
[/sblock]

Remove ads