• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Ha! You make goot joke! Tire of drink?! Like Zaht ist possible?" he raises his mug in salute and then in a strong clear voice, "één, twee, drie!" he then downs the full mug in one contineous draw. any dwarf would have been proud to see this human do such.

*beelllcch!* then, with out even much more then a blink, "twee meer dranken, tevre-*belch*-den" as he says this he points to himself and Eanos.

"Eanos, eh? Tell me your acts uf valor und we will drink to them!"

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

"Eanos, eh? Tell me your acts uf valor und we will drink to them!"

Eanos raises an eyebrow at the display of alcoholic prowess, but doesn't comment. Instead, he smiles self-consciously at the call for tales.

"I'm not much of a story-teller, I'm afraid," he says, "Nor much of a hero, if I'm telling the truth. My adventures have both been a bit of me stumbling over success or winning through the aid of my betters than of any real heroism on my part."

Eanos takes a swig, then shakes his head.

"If I keep going, you'll think I'm falsely modest, so let me give it a go: I left the Silverwood seeking the truth of my parentage, which still eludes me, but it lead me here. And here, green as I was, I latched onto a far more seasoned group and tackled a murder mystery that turned out to be a conspiracy in Monemvassia. I managed to live despite myself, and despite an assassin's guild, a black dragon, and a sinking volcano-island. And for that, I received this--"

Eanos produces an adamantine dagger from his haversack, engraved in ornate script.

"Which means, officially, at least, that I'm now a Knight of Monemvassia. Pretty bauble, and it came with a business which helps supplement my income."

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo, who has taken a seet next to Rillithorn, wainting for the group to form, overheard the discussion between Eanos and Pendrake.

"Eanos, don't understimate what you've done. You might have been less skilled then most of the others in Monemvassia, but your observation during the investigation, and you figthing skill under the moutain, while we were all naked and vulnerable have made you an essential part of our success.

Anyway, what makes an hero? Being at the right place at the right moment and doing the right thing at the sacrifice of self, or at least being ready to sacrifice yourself. You have done it all, and your words are already spoken by mards... well, at least Nurlan who has witnessed all that story. But I must admit modesty is always a good quality too."

orsal

LEW Judge
Rinaldo, who has taken a seet next to Rillithorn, wainting for the group to form, overheard the discussion between Eanos and Pendrake.

"Eanos, don't understimate what you've done. You might have been less skilled then most of the others in Monemvassia, but your observation during the investigation, and you figthing skill under the moutain, while we were all naked and vulnerable have made you an essential part of our success.

Anyway, what makes an hero? Being at the right place at the right moment and doing the right thing at the sacrifice of self, or at least being ready to sacrifice yourself. You have done it all, and your words are already spoken by mards... well, at least Nurlan who has witnessed all that story. But I must admit modesty is always a good quality too."

Nurlan doesn't quite suppress a wry smile. "What Sir Eanos neglects to mention is that in that episode uncovering an assassins' guild he saved my life. Once our companion Mordik and I discovered that the guild operated out of the Three Rings mayor's chambers, we hastened to get help, but we were both captured. I had gotten as far as alerting the others. Eanos here was the only one stealthy enough to get away to Monemvassia to get royal forces to save us."

He seems a little more at ease after coming back from his private chat with Rinaldo.

Scott DeWar

Pendrake iws greatly intrigued by this story of, well ... intrigue, "dit is waar? you fought assassans und zwarte draak, yet you sprkun you are not hero? Ha!! I drink to you und your companions!"
*Glug*
though not the whole of the mug is downed, a good third is.

"you are knight. zat ist no small ting. You bring great honor to your family. when you findt your fader, you haf much to brag on your self, Eanos. May your quest be soon realized in great joy."
*glug*
"I und my companions content vith local tiefs called black lillies who steel childrens off street. childrens under care uf priestesses uf Halina. We fought against goplin rats und deamon calt bherghast, und creature i am tolt zat eat your soul. Vee lost no one to demon. To Huck,mein bruder, to Lady quinn und her son Meister Thomas."
*glug*
"vee were asked to fint lady quinn's son Thomas who vas stolen from her. latger vee fint many childrens stolun. vee bring bach to temple of Halina. Now all safe."

He rases his mug to take another drink but to his chagrin, he finds it to be 'mysteriously' empty,"Ach! Das ist not goot!" he then looks to Renaldo and says," Pendrake Utherman, at your service. You drink vith us, Ja?" it did not seem to be put as a question as he gets the attention of a serving waitruss.

"Frau, I haf problem. Mein ale seems to *hissss* like vater in veapon schmidts forch. Drie meer dranken, Ja?" a sheepish grin melts on his face and then it bursts into full smile followed by a shrug as he points to eanos, renaldo and himslelf.

"und roast bita, as sprechen of great battles makes great hunger."

he then turns back to renaldo and eanos and says, "tell more!"

[sblock=translation]dit is waar? = this is true?
zwarte draak = black dragon
[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
Rinaldo then turn to Rillithorne "Do you know more about Sensha?"

Rillithorne, absent mindedly smoothing a jutting tweak of bed hair, frowns thoughtfully.

"Well like I said she is a snake, a Yuan-ti. Though I believe she claims to be an outcast, I would not have too much faith in that, she's like as not their spy there's a great deal of information to be had in Blasra Darr and the snakes are renowned for their skill as infiltrators. I know she acquired a rather nice golem manual for me in very little time, she even managed to acquire a suit of magical barding for my late familiar Furkiss, marvelous stuff! I am a trifle muddled at the moment though, so if you have anything specific in mind be out with it and I will see if I can get the old memory galloping."

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

"Anyway, what makes an hero? Being at the right place at the right moment and doing the right thing at the sacrifice of self, or at least being ready to sacrifice yourself. You have done it all, and your words are already spoken by mards... well, at least Nurlan who has witnessed all that story. But I must admit modesty is always a good quality too."

Though usually stoic, Eanos blushes slightly at the praises of his former travelling companions. "My thanks to you, Rinaldo. I'm quite glad to have been tested along with you by the trials in Monemvassia, and to have come out the other side stronger and with such stalwart allies."

Nurlan doesn't quite suppress a wry smile. "What Sir Eanos neglects to mention is that in that episode uncovering an assassins' guild he saved my life. Once our companion Mordik and I discovered that the guild operated out of the Three Rings mayor's chambers, we hastened to get help, but we were both captured. I had gotten as far as alerting the others. Eanos here was the only one stealthy enough to get away to Monemvassia to get royal forces to save us."

Eanos returns the smile. "I'm not sure that I'm stealthy so much as fast, and the wizard seemed far more interested in retrieving you, but I did manage to get to our royal benefactor, though I'm still amazed that I managed to negotiate reinforcements. I've never been much of a diplomat. You and Rinaldo are far more silver-tongued than I think I'll ever be."

"I und my companions content vith local tiefs called black lillies who steel childrens off street. childrens under care uf priestesses uf Halina. We fought against goplin rats und deamon calt bherghast, und creature i am tolt zat eat your soul. Vee lost no one to demon. To Huck,mein bruder, to Lady quinn und her son Meister Thomas."
*glug*
"vee were asked to fint lady quinn's son Thomas who vas stolen from her. latger vee fint many childrens stolun. vee bring bach to temple of Halina. Now all safe."

Eanos nods in understanding. "I encountered a fair number of devils on my latest quest, so I know how nasty such creatures can be. Truth be told, that test in Ayratha's fire almost convinced me to take up service with my goddess, but I think she's tempered me for fighting, not prayer."

Scott DeWar

Truth be told, that test in Ayratha's fire almost convinced me to take up service with my goddess, but I think she's tempered me for fighting, not prayer."[/color]

"Zee finest veapons are strongest made in heat of fire. Zee stoutest hearts of warriors are made in heat of battle. It sounds like your heart has been tested and rings true note. May bards sing of your great deeds!"

He ten takes the mug that the serving girs hands him and stands to toast Eanos and company "Ist goot to see the hearts of peoples unite against plans of evil ones. to each one of you. May bard sing of your great deeds, may your enemies cower in fear, may the knights uf Monemvassia be stirred by danger and live long time to fight evil ones"

with this he tilts back the mug and drains it in one long drought. *belch* "Ach! shorry shirs. time to eat to keep head on sholders, eh?"

and right at that time his spot is adorned by a trencher of pot roast, gravy and bread.

"excuse bitta, must get food or i won't last to drink more."

Corwyn

First Post
Aiken walses into the taproom.

"A beer please"

He looks round the room and spots Pendrake,

"Hee friend you here? Anything brewing?

Remove ads