• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn 2010-17

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Karl is handed another ale and as he drains half of it, there is that annoying, loud bray of his mule-again. A look of exhaspiration shows on the adventurer's face as he sets the delicious and wet drink down.

" 'Scuse me Eanos, I need to move itchy to the stable. Maybe he will behave there."

He brings the mug of ale with him as he exits the door, but turns back to Joe and says, "Its for itcy. He may just be jelous."

After the door closes you hear, "here you g" then a loud crash of a clay stein, which causes a worried expression on Joe's face, followed by a loud racatious EEEE AWWWWWWW!!

"ITCHY! SLOW DOWN! I SAID STOP! woah! stop you crazy mule! I said woaaaahhhh! when I say woa, i mean woahhhhh! stop!"

his voice carries off into the distance as one can only imagine what itchy may be doing .. .. .. ..

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos chuckles as the poor man is dragged off by his steed, then relaxes again in the isolation the Red Dragon currently provides...

Scott DeWar

The door opens slowly and a tall human of medium frame enters. He is wearing a chin shirt of silvery appearance, his cloths as a whole have been burned in streaks and blotches- He is definitely in need of rest as his eyes have the dark circles of having been up all night.

His red hair in a braid is loosened and sloppy, his fair northerner skin covered in welts from acid burns. His assortment of weapons are all sheathed and an out of place big grin is on his face.

"Goedendag Fraus, Fraulines und Herrs. Mijn naam ist Pendrake Utermann, Ud I am from das noordlands!

A vaulkrie fell from the land uf Valhalla to bring protent ouf danger to Orussus. Many answered to danger: Quozen, Pendrake, Peladus, Ngikhnit, Midias und not of least, but last ist Gillin. creaature come from sea after star fall. it bring havok upon orrusus, but vee vanquish der beast! Now, I need a drink."

He walks up to the bar, his two bladed weapons, a morning star and a longbow with quiver jangling noisily.

"Herr Yosuf Schmidt, i do as sign say. Ale please." he seams quite pleased with himself, though those around him may be wishing he take a bath first as there are bits of sea plants still hanging on him. The first drink that arrives is downed quickly, the second served is drank much more slowly. "I vish bathund room fur night please, Yosef."

orsal

LEW Judge
Sir Nurlan, in the bright purple cloak, looks up to greet the newcomer warmly.

"Welcome to the party, Herr Pendrake. A falling star.. quite an event, I missed it, but what can it portend? In Genton the oracles claim a star falling to earth foretells a noble dynasty falling from grace. What regime is destined to fail now?

He starts singing, in the crisp baritone voice familiar by now to many of regulars, the Gentonian ballad Fall of the House of Turkoli, in which a celestial harbinger is mentioned. He shows off a good voice (Perform(song): 18), although not his most memorable performance.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

When Sir Nurlan finishes his song Pendrake nods his approval and raises his stein in salute.

"Mein Herr, I believe that a Valkrie has been sent to here from Valhala to do battle against these creatures, und defeated all but vone. Das vone vas vhat it took many uf us to defeat, while valkrie defeated many tonight.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos wakes from where he's fallen asleep in the corner as Pendrake enters and Nurlan begins his song.

"You're the sole survivor?" the monk says, then shakes his head sadly. "The world has become an even more deadly place of late. I hope this isn't the cause of the downturn in adventurers to the Inn. I had hoped perhaps the world had grown safer, but this carries a darker portent."

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Eanos wakes from where he's fallen asleep in the corner as Pendrake enters and Nurlan begins his song.

"You're the sole survivor?" the monk says, then shakes his head sadly. "The world has become an even more deadly place of late. I hope this isn't the cause of the downturn in adventurers to the Inn. I had hoped perhaps the world had grown safer, but this carries a darker portent."

OOC: fify

Pendrake looks to see one of his former traveling companions "Gotentag Herr Eanos! We all survived. all the oters are ote und abote. I tell you more after I get clean!" he gets a key after a short conversation with Joe and disappears up the steps ... .. .. ..

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

OOC: fify

OOC: D'oh! Sorry 'bout that.

Pendrake looks to see one of his former traveling companions "Gotentag Herr Eanos! We all survived. all the oters are ote und abote. I tell you more after I get clean!" he gets a key after a short conversation with Joe and disappears up the steps ... .. .. ..

Eanos looks relieved and shakes his head as if to clear it. "Ah, well, that's a relief. It's been so long since I've talked with folk in our line of business, I think my mind's beginning to play tricks on me. That, and I sometimes have trouble with accents," he finishes with a wink.

leelika08

First Post
A side door opens and Joe Smith and the usual tavern patrons troop back in.

"So that's the new sparring room, then. Just took out a wall. Got enough private meeting rooms that don't see use," says Joe shortly.[sblock=OOC]What the hell? Even if no one's been talking, you can't arbitrarily move other people's PCs out of the RDI! Everyone who was there at the end of RDI '09 is still there until they say so. Kol, Lokin and Payne for instance are still here, as far as anyone knows, and they've not said a word since 2007.[/sblock]
A battered looking half orc strides into the Inn and heads to the bar. Taking an available stool ("hmm, seems pretty empty here" he thinks to himself) he orders up some ale and waits.

Remove ads