(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim

First Post
Milo stumbles back down the stairs. "I heard you yelling Tiggle." He holds his hand to his head. "Wow... that stuff hurts."

"Anyway, I think I know something you've never put in any of your drinks..."

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out Snark.

"Weasel spit."

WizWrm

First Post
Velbrik acknowledges Milo by giving him a look that suggests he doesn't know whether to laugh or cry. He compromises by taking another sip of the steaming drink.

"I see. So, in essence, you are suggesting that your weasel spit is roughly worth at least one - if not a lifetime supply of - the drinks served in this establishment? Really, we are all hardened mercenaries here," Velbrik says, looking faintly amused at the thought, "But you might want to show better grooming and a little more consideration for the proprietor of this establishment. I understand that he asked for things he hasn't served before, but then again, I doubt he's served the bottom of my boot heel in a drink before - you understand where I'm going with this? Distillation of a rare plant, perhaps, or fey dew, might be worthwhile, but mustelid saliva? You, my good fellow, are quite crazy."

Last edited:

Milo
"Anyway, I think I know something you've never put in any of your drinks..."

Tiggle begins to jump up and down at the idea of something to to mix drinks with.

Milo
"Weasel spit."

Only to stop dead still and stare blankly out into space. Suddenly a bright smile crosses his face and he bigins to jot a few notes in the back of his large tome of drink recipies.

Velbrik
"I see. So, in essence, you are suggesting that your weasel spit is roughly worth at least one - if not a lifetime supply of - the drinks served in this establishment? Really, we are all hardened mercenaries here," Velbrik says, looking faintly amused at the thought, "But you might want to show better grooming and a little more consideration for the proprietor of this establishment. I understand that he asked for things he hasn't served before, but then again, I doubt he's served the bottom of my boot heel in a drink before - you understand where I'm going with this? Distillation of a rare plant, perhaps, or fey dew, might be worthwhile, but mustelid saliva? You, my good fellow, are quite crazy."

Upon hearing common sense the gnome quickly shakes his head and begins to cross out all that he had written. Many patrons take a sigh of relief and drink there brews with only slight trepedation.....but some can swear they notice Tiggle peaking at his boots from time to time.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi nods, and shakes the gnome's hand. "Well, that's quite an offer... I'll make sure to keep my eyes peeled for somethin'... weird. And it'd have to be somethin' pretty odd, too... I've seen ya put some weird stuff into drinks. I'll be hard pressed to find somethin' for ya." He smiles. "But I'll do my best."

[Edit: Evidently, I can't spell.]

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Velbrik
"You, my good fellow, are quite crazy."

"Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with Velbrik on that one." Troi says, shaking his head. "Tiggle, I have to say I'm a little surprised that you would even consider that. That's just... wrong."

Troi
"Tiggle, I have to say I'm a little surprised that you would even consider that. That's just... wrong."

"I know I know, sometimes the mind works faster than common sense and I am so desperate for inspiration to new drinks..... hmmm maybe this will help for the newcommers."

Taking down a few notes on a parchment he quickly slams up a flyer on the bulliten board.

ATTENTION ADVENTURE SEEKERS AND DRINKERS ALIKE

Your favorete bargnome needs you to help increase the menu of this fine establishment. Ten thousand tastes are no longer enough and I wish for more ideas. Please bring back any unusual item you find on any adventures that I could use to inspire a new drink. Rewards will be enough alcohol to keep you merry for a fortnight, and if its really good the honnor of naming the drink, even after yourself.

Thanks for the help

Tiggle

OOC: check out the ooc Living enworld thread for my idea on aspects of this miniquest. Once aproval goes through I will post more specific rules in that thread, thanks

Grim

First Post
"Well, I tried..." Milo sits down in the nearest open chair, clearly depressed. He pets Snark. "We'll find something little buddy... i know it..."

Thels

First Post
Llolian
Llolian waits for a a bit of silence in the bar, then holds out his hand to Zoe.

"I am Llolian. A pleasure. Have you tried this Naked Eye drink Tiggle puts together?"

"Well met, Llolian." Zoe says with her usual charming voice. "Can't say I have, but I think I see Tiggle coming with my own drink, so you'll have to keep me up on that on a later moment."

Tiggle
"Here we are my dear the Lazy Day perfect for taking a good long relaxing look at your life and the world around you. The halfling mead is quite weak but really brings the fruit flavors togther."

"Thanks you, Tiggle." Zoe accepts the drink and starts to sip her Lazy Day. "Wow, that tastes great, Tiggle! What did you say you called this, lazy day? Got to remember this one."

Troi
"So, Zoe," Troi says, "think you can handle hangin' out with Grak? You probably haven't stayed here for the night, since you were at the temple... that half-orc stays up half the night and sings. Poorly." He smiles. "He's a good guy, though. Nice enough. Just loud."

Zoe looks at the sleeping savage at the bar. "Well, looks like a quiet peacefull guy to me." she giggles. "His singing can't be that bad, can it?"

Troi
"And Thungar... well, let's just say that I made a promise, or something to that extent. He's gonna come with us, hopefully... if I can convince 'im..."

"Velbrik, he seems to know his stuff. Don't know much about him other than that, though, I suppose. Sounds like he's got a lotta history stuck up in his head."

"Telerin... good guy. His wolf friend there'll be helpful if we run into trouble. I think he's a druid - y'know, those nature priests, or whatever - so that makes him even better to have along."

"Hmm, introduce me when you get the chance, will you? If I'm to travel with them, I would rather get to know them beforehand. Not that I don't trust you, I take it you know how to pick your travel companions, but maybe things will go easier when the relation is clear beforehand."

Troi
Troi stares into the bottom of his empty glass for a few long moments. "Yep... seven of us... but I wonder if there's gonna be a job 'round here soon... we could really use some cash 'fore we head out, if we head out..."

"Cash? Money? Yeah, guess I should start worrying about that too from now. Can't expect to live on the expenses of the temple forever." Zoe sighs, as a grimas draws upon her face.

Velmont

First Post
Casar Couer De' Lion said:

ATTENTION ADVENTURE SEEKERS AND DRINKERS ALIKE

Your favorete bargnome needs you to help increase the menu of this fine establishment. Ten thousand tastes are no longer enough and I wish for more ideas. Please bring back any unusual item you find on any adventures that I could use to inspire a new drink. Rewards will be enough alcohol to keep you merry for a fortnight, and if its really good the honnor of naming the drink, even after yourself.

Thanks for the help

Tiggle

"That's too bad... I mean for me. I had, two month ago, someone wanted to sell me some "Spice", he saids it worth more than safran and the taste is better than anything I would have taste, but the look seems so weird that I would had no chance to sell it... I tought it at least. If I ever find that guy again, I'll trade his "spice" and keep it for you... "

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Zoe
"Well, looks like a quiet peacefull guy to me." she giggles. "His singing can't be that bad, can it?"

"Well..." Troi considers the sleeping Grak for a moment. "It depends upon your taste, I suppose. If you like loud, annoying noise that isn't very coherent... sure, it ain't too bad. But if you don't like that kinda thing... well, then, yeah, it is pretty bad."

"Hmm, introduce me when you get the chance, will you? If I'm to travel with them, I would rather get to know them beforehand. Not that I don't trust you, I take it you know how to pick your travel companions, but maybe things will go easier when the relation is clear beforehand."

"I'll make sure that I do that when the opportunity presents itself." Troi says, nodding. "Knowin' who you're goin' with on a trip is always a good thing."

"Cash? Money? Yeah, guess I should start worrying about that too from now. Can't expect to live on the expenses of the temple forever."

"Yep." Troi says, nodding. "With freedom comes expenses. Ya gotta take care of yourself, and that takes some amount a cash. Not every place has a nice tavern like the Red Dragon where some poor student such as myself can crash in for a week or two and hardly pay a silver."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads