• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"Well, Ashnar, that's the interesting thing. My grandfather by tradition had the choice of who to pass his throne to. Although my uncle Crassus was the eldest of the brothers, most of us thought he would none-the-less pass the crown onto my father, who was much more well-liked. I don't doubt that there was some magical hanky-panky going on there. But for lack of proof, we could do nothing. Ah, well. I must count my blessings I suppose, as must you, Rinaldo, who seems to have found a happy family, something I can scare now imagine."

Velmont

First Post
"Yes, and I miss them." a nostalgic smile can be seen on Rinaldo's face. He takes his water and take a sip.

Knight Otu

First Post
"Mind-affecting magic..." obvious distaste can be seen on Ashnar's face "... my mentor disapproved of it, and so do I. It is hazardous to temporarily play with someone else's mind, and can easily backfire. It seems that, in the case of your grandfather, the timing of the spell, if it was one, was very good."

Ashnar lifts his glass for a toast, and says "For our families."

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo take his glass of water.

"Well, water will have to do. "

He lift his glass of water.

"To our families."

Patlin

Explorer
The outside door opens, and a newcomer stumbles in to the inn. A big fellow with coppery skin and flaming red hair, he has a large spiked chain wrapped around his waste. He looks around a bit lost for a moment before he spots Joe at the bar.

"Hi there! My name is Tor, son of Ariathus. Beautiful Inn you have here. Like the Dragon." With a smile, he gives Joe a firm handshake. "Some travelers I met on the way here said this was a good place to find some interesting work. Have you heard of anything?"

Velmont

First Post
"Welcome Tor, son of Ariatus. I must tell you one bad news, and one good. The bad is there seems to be no job for you now, the good, it is you are the right place to find one, as many employeer are wandering here, and you can even have some company if you are willing to wait here. Come on, and join us."

Rinaldo stands up and walk to the man offering his hand.

"My name is Rinaldo di Senzio, spice merchant that is looking for a wider field of business, and adventurer some of the time, I could say too. Let me present you Master Ashnar and Lady Persephone. Come and take a seat, there is some place around the table. We were talking about all and nothing, or past and futur, about ourselves and others. You know, the kind of discussion that always happen in some social place like this fine Inn."

Rinaldo take his glass of water and finish it.

"Well, it seems I need something to drink now. Joe, can I have a new glass of you even wine. Thanks."

Rinaldo sits down.

"Don't feel you must answer my question, I am not here to investigate on you, but simply to have a nice chat will that rain is pouring on us. So, what is you business of yours? Let me guess, you are not from the region. I am not use of that type of weapon, nor of such skin tone and hair color. It gives you an impressive style."

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Velmont said:
Rinaldo stands up and walk to the man offering his hand.

Tor takes Rinaldo's hand, happy to meet such a friendly person. He follows Rinaldo back to the table and says hello to Master Ashnar and Lady Persephone. In response to Rinaldo's questions, he states:

"True, I've travelled a ways from the mountains my familly calls home. My father is a great warrior, and has taught me some tricks with this rather odd weapon. I hope it serves me well, but only in the heat of battle can a weapon be truly tested... or a warrior. I'd like to find some worthy cause to help with, both for the sake of the cause, and simply as a way to test my own metle."

"A few weeks ago, I left my father's house an untried boy. When next I see my father, I want to stand before him a proven warrior."

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

Persephone extends her hand to be kissed to Tor. "It is a pleasure to meet another brave adventurer." The white owl on her shoulder lets out a 'coo' as the new man approaches. "Yes, Fridly, he is dangerous looking. Tell us about your land Tor. Perhaps we will all end up there someday."

Patlin

Explorer
Tor's reddish yellow eyes sparkle as Lady Persephone holds out her hand. While he is unfamilliar with the custom, he bows low and kisses her hand with hardly any hesitation. The low bow draws attention to the tatoo of a copper dragon on Tor's back. The tatoo ripples with the movement and almost seems to wink at Persephone's owl.

"I'm afraid there is precious little to call you up to my mountains, Lady. The high country is cold, and there isn't even a town within miles of my father's house. Few ever come there except to hunt, and game isn't so plentiful that many come for that, either. My grandfather chose the place for its isolation, as he prefers to be left alone. My father stays to be near him."

"I have heard that there may be some tunnels of Dwarvish manufacture not too far away from my Father's house, but I wouldn't know how to find them. Our familly is self sufficient, and Father's never had much interest in trading with the dwarves."

"And Lady, please reasure Fridly that I am no danger to him. While I would like to think I am dangerous to my enemies, I see none such here."

Velmont

First Post
"Dwarvish tunnel? You know about that dwarves? What is there main trade? Do they already trade with some merchant house? Do they..." Rinaldo stop a moment to speak "Well, you know, I'm a businssman, and I have a family to feed, I am always searching for the businesss oportunity. It's my way to live."

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads