(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patlin

Explorer
Joe lets Ironwolf know a job may be in the offing in the heart room. After a polite knock, the young adventurer joins the meeting.

Xael

First Post
An elf clad in dark clothing and a breastplate enters the inn. He's carrying a glaive and has a longsword in a sheat too. A shield is also strapped into his backpack. He says hello to Joe and introduces himself in a calm voice: "I'm Xariom, a mercenary and an adventurer."

He then takes a seat at some table.

Dalamar

Adventurer
A human woman clad in dark leathers comes inside. She takes a quick look around, her green eyes glinting with delight and her red hair swaying from side to side after the movements of her head. With a charming smile, she introduces herself. "Hi! My name is Tumna Lakeside, and boy am I glad to be back to civilization! Couldn't have taken another year with those smelly orcs. No offense to any orcs present."
She has an orcish tone to her speech, but her looks don't show any orc blood. After another moment of standing there, she quickly sways to the elf Xariom.
"You look like a nice -not to mention rich, what with that breastplate of yours- fellow, mind buying a drink for a lady? And what's your name, handsome?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Suddenly, the door to the Inn bursts open - and for a moment, no one enters. Then a small boy, probably around 9 or 10, long blonde locks bouncing chaotically, comes rushing in, face red and chest heaving.

"Joe!" He calls in a high-pitched voice. "Joe, I need ta put up a sign!" He waves a piece of parchment in the air. "Fer adventurerers!"

The gruff barkeeper's stern demeanor softens at the boy, and he points to the bulletin.

"Thanksalot!" The child says in a single breath, and he dashes to the indicated bulletin. It takes him a few tries, but he eventually manages to get his paper tacked into it.

Code:
[color=white]	-- WANTED! --

A BAND of ADVENTURERERS to find
a LOST and priceles JEM!  To
help, talk to jewaler JAMARIS 
at 489 THUNIS Streat!

There is a REWARD! :)[/color]

With a smile on his face, the boy backs away from the wall to examine his work. "I wrote it all myself!" He proclaims proudly and loudly to those willing to listen. "I even put the smile there." He says in a low voice, as though it were some great secret, and giggles.

Joe looks to the boy, a single eyebrow raising.

"Jamaris tole me to!" He whines. "I'm not makin' it up! We were openin' the shop, an' he said, 'the gem's gone!', an' 'en I said 'why don't you talk ta the guard people?' an' he said 'they won't help, they're all slow, write a note an' take it ta Joe at the Red Dragon' an' I said 'what're they gonna do?' an' he said 'they'll help us!'"

He then walks over to the bar and hops up on a short stool intended for halflings.

"An' he said I had ta stay here an' talk ta the adventurerers that wanted ta help! If they wanted ta know more, I guess." He says. "An' I'm not s'posed ta go back wi'out adventurerers! So can I get some'in ta drink?" He starts fidgeting on the stool. "Can I can I can I?"

Joe shakes his head, and dips below the counter for a moment. He returns with a small glass filled with a white liquid, and he sets it in front of the boy.

"Aw, I don' want milk..." The boy whines, but he takes the proffered drink anyway.

This adventure hook is open to all characters.

IcyCool

First Post
Deos Kirith - Human Wizard 1

GnomeWorks said:
"Jamaris tole me to!" He whines. "I'm not makin' it up! We were openin' the shop, an' he said, 'the gem's gone!', an' 'en I said 'why don't you talk ta the guard people?' an' he said 'they won't help, they're all slow, write a note an' take it ta Joe at the Red Dragon' an' I said 'what're they gonna do?' an' he said 'they'll help us!'"

He then walks over to the bar and hops up on a short stool intended for halflings.

"An' he said I had ta stay here an' talk ta the adventurerers that wanted ta help! If they wanted ta know more, I guess." He says. "An' I'm not s'posed ta go back wi'out adventurerers! So can I get some'in ta drink?" He starts fidgeting on the stool. "Can I can I can I?"

Joe shakes his head, and dips below the counter for a moment. He returns with a small glass filled with a white liquid, and he sets it in front of the boy.

"Aw, I don' want milk..." The boy whines, but he takes the proffered drink anyway.

This adventure hook is open to all characters.

While the boy is putting up his sign, a figure sporting a hooded, faded, dark-purple cloak and other well worn clothing steps in. A bit dismayed that his entrance goes relatively unnoticed, but shakes his head and gives Joe a wry grin and a quick, "Hello."

As the boy is lamenting about his drink, the man scans the patrons, his eyes lingering longer than is appropriate on any attractive ladies. After a moment he raises his voice and addresses the crowd, "My name is Deos Kirith, and I am but a humble servant of Antonidas." He lowers his voice a bit and drops his head so he is eye level with the boy. "I couldn't help but overhear. I'm willing to bet that I can help you with your troubles lad." Deos takes a seat near the boy and waits to hear his response with a smile, occaisionally casting an appreciative glance at Tumna's backside.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Deos
"I couldn't help but overhear. I'm willing to bet that I can help you with your troubles lad."

The boy's face lightens immediately, his lamentations about the milk forgotten in a second. "Really?" He asks, turning to Deos. "Do you really think so? That'd be awfully nice!" He smiles brightly.

Xael

First Post
Xeriom grins at Tumna. He responds, half-sarcastically: "Were those adjectives in order of importance or requirements? But if you'd excuse me, there seems to be a job available..."

Xariom reads the note the boy tacked at the bulletin board, chuckling slightly as he finishes. "Hey kid, I might be able to help too.", he says to the boy.

Last edited:

IcyCool

First Post
Deos Kirith - Human Wizard 1

The boy said:
The boy's face lightens immediately, his lamentations about the milk forgotten in a second. "Really?" He asks, turning to Deos. "Do you really think so? That'd be awfully nice!" He smiles brightly.

"Absolutely." Deos gestures at Xeriom and says, "You see? There are plenty of people willing to help."

He gives a sly wink to the kid and whispers conspiratorally, "Now let's see if we can solve your drink problem as well." Deos motions Joe over and says, "Joe, a beer for the young lad, if you please." Leaning in close and in a quiet voice so that the kid doesn't overhear he says, "Lemon-ginger beer."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads