(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
While Iggy catches his breath, Sara observes the group of people leaving the inn. "Huh, wonder if we just missed something... Oh well! This will give me a chance to catch up on my taste test. Hey Joe, do you still have the menu I was keeping track on? Great...." The bartender hands her a sheet of paper and she reads down it. "Right, I was on.... Frost Giant Tears! I hope that's just the name, because I 've never heard of anything that cried alcohol. Set me up, Joe! And the next two, while you're at it."

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo looks everyone getting out of the Inn, and then looks at Ashnar. "That's already makes 6 volonteer. If we both go, it will make 8. That'll be a big bunch. And that'll make 750 gp each... but what the hell about money when we talk about a kid's life. I suggest to go to his house to hear the full story while he tells it in his circle of protection. We can always come back here after if we judge our aids will not be needed."

Rinaldo puts his hat and grabs his sack. "I'll do that. And will make my final decision over there."

Last edited:

azmodean

First Post
A'jardin mutters to himself, We'll see if this one works out any better than that caravan mess... as he heads out of the tavern after the group.

Knight Otu

First Post
Vanishing "Magic" for Ashnar

Ashnar leaves with the others, and lets Fareye fly, but soon his face darkens and says "I fear I won't be able to accompany you. It seems there is a personal matter I need to investigate."

With that, he goes into the opposite direction, where Fareye flew off.

Velmont

First Post
The door open and the merchant says "Rinaldo backs home... the people here are quite amazing. They volonteer at the first call for help... if a few gold pieces can be gained at the end."

Rinaldo scans around. "Ashnar and Somac are now both gone. Sad. Joe, another glass of wine."

Manzanita

First Post
Ignatious O'Reilly

Iggy's jaw drops at the sight of his old friend. As soon as he catches his breath again after the hug, he smiles brightly. "Sara. You can't believe how glad I am to see you. After I lost track of you in Fallon, well, it just hasn't been the same since. I feel so safe with you around, it's like...." Here Iggy pauses, and thinks the better of continuing.

"Anyway. I've got lots of stuff to tell you. Shall we sit down. Uh. The usual for me, Joe...oh, sorry. that would be milk."

Last edited:

Pbartender

First Post
A gentleman wearing an elaborate tabard bearing the Vaneelkelen coat of arms enters the tavern carrying a modestly large chest in both hands. He pauses inside the door to regain his vision in the dimness of the tap room, and after a moment catches sight of Ignatious. We steps over to the halfling wizard, sets down the chest with a thump and a grunt, and hands Iggy a letter, which reads...

Greetings and Compliments from Rupert Vaneelkelen.

This Chest contains the entirety of Your Expedition's Fifty per Cent Share of the Estimated Value of the Goods recovered from the Dragon's Lair found at the High Hill with the Black Stone Tree in the Swamp Lands between the River Roars and the River Gallgo, to be distributed amongst Yourselves as You deem fit...

A Total Sum of 8842 Gold Crowns and 5 Silver Pennies.

The Artifacts recovered were, unfortunately, unsuitable for My own Private Collections. They will be held at My Town House in Orussus until such time as They can auctioned. Any Member of the Expedition may purchase the Recovered Artifacts prior to the Auction at Wholesale Value, one half of Fair Market Value, by inquiring at My Offices in Orussus.

An Inventory of the Recovered Artifacts follows:

One Chalice, silver, engraved
One Statuette, ebony, horse and rider
One Hourglass, quicksilver filled
One Spyglass, brass and crystal
One Full Suit Platemail, used
One Bastard Sword, used
One Magical Arcane Scroll, a protective spell warding against evil creatures
One Magical Arcane Scroll, a protective spell warding against archery and hurled weapons
One Magical Flute, bone, engraved, producing frightful tones when played

The messenger bows and tips his hat with a flourish, before beating a hasty retreat out the front door.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

and hands Iggy a letter, which reads...

"Oh. Thanks." Iggy glances around somewhat embarrassed, then reads the letter. "Oh no! Oirhandir would have wanted those pipes. I'm somewhat inclined to purchase them myself, and hunt him down to give them to him. But I'm short on cash myself. Still. Surely none of my companions would mind if I go buy those scrolls."

"Sara. Let me dash off and buy a few things. Would you mind keeping you eye out for adventures while I'm gone and pick out a good one for us?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads