• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern Tales Chapter #1: The Forgotten Forge

DralonXitz

First Post
A bit confused at first, as the woman speaks he sees her fangs, and then fully understands. Hammer softly laughs and then speaks, "Please miss, I may be a member of the Silver Flame, but I can assure you I do not hunt Lycanthropes. You need not be alarmed, I am simply here to guard the people of Sharn from evil men."

Ashy

First Post
Snow-in-Dusk narrows her colorless eyes at the warforged, almost as if she was looking for some outward sign of its confusing and beguiling lies (such as a forked tongue, perhaps); nevertheless she continues to slowly move away from the mechanical creature.

"I have heard of many foul things that were oft' done in the name of 'protecting others from evil men'; oft' times, those who spoke these words were no better than evil themselves. Forgive me you will if I doubt words spoken in the name of the Flame."

The shifter's words begin as a barely heard and harshly spoken whisper, but they quickly build until she is nearly yelling at the end. Her fear and trepidation is now gone, and her eyes, once wide with fear and surprise are now wide with simmering anger and rage...

jasamcarl

First Post
Suddenly, the sound of a withered elderly scream rushes between the towers of Sharn, interrupting the heated exchange between Hammer and Snow-in-Dusk, its origins seemingly to the north of the garden. It doesn't take a magewrite to realize someone is in trouble.

jasamcarl

First Post
DralonXitz said:
OOC: When you say get aquainted, are you referring to the PC's getting to know each other, or are you noting something wrong with the way I am playing my Warforged. Just asking, since you quoted my post.

ooc: getting to know each other. i'm not the type of dm to dictate roleplaying. i prefer to work with what you give me.

shouit

Explorer
Litlow watches intendly the discussion between the warforged Hammer and Snow.(ooc-> Iron man vs Catwoman!) And jumps his height in the air when he hears the scream, "Yikes! Sounds like trouble, this could be a bigger adventure than orginally thought," Litlow lowers his head. "But I am a small one, and I really should go get the watch. They are better at solving these things than a little gnome." Those around him can almost hear the gears turning inside his head. "This Hammer guy said he is here to protect the innocent, maybe he is in the guard. No, he couldn't be, they wouldn't allow a Silver Flame priest into the guard. Then again, maybe by the time I got to the guard station the man could be killed. That would be bad. I think this Hammer guy and Snow lady can help." He looks up at both of you with deep blue eyes. " I know this maybe too much to ask, but would you please assist me in finding out what is going on with that scream. I be little and I know whatever is affecting that man, I wouldn't be much good at helping. Repaing stuff, talk to me. Saving people, not so good at it. Wish I was big..That way I could help people..." Shakes his head, "Please help me, help find out what is going on. Snow lady, I can help you take care of the big guy if he gets out of hand, I am good with magics... Big Hammer guys, she says she don't bite people and that is good thing. Anyways come on..."

Macbeth

First Post
Hearing the sound of the scream, Roger looks for it's source.
"Not to interupt your little religious debate here, but I'm going to go see what's going on where that scream came from, and I could use some help."

DralonXitz

First Post
Hammer, hearing the scream, grips his fists and turns to Litlow, nodding slowly to him.

"I would be happy to help. It is my personal duty. As for now my Shifter friend, let us put aside our differences and find out who is in trouble."

Ashy

First Post
Snow-in-Dusk looks confused for a moment, as if this sudden shift has taken her totally by surprise. Then, after only a moment's hesitation, she looks from Litlow to Hammer, nods turtly, and says, "Let's go."

DralonXitz

First Post
Hammer nods to the Shifter and grips his Greataxe, ready to smite any foe who disrupt the peace of the innocents of Sharn. In truth, Hammer wasn't exactly the Silver Flame's favorite member. He never had problems with Lycanthropes, helped anyone in need, even members of the Sovreign Host, and at times assumed a position of a vigilante in the name of peace. But nevertheless, it was good publicity in a sense to tell people they were so true, a Warforged joined them.

As he quickly looks around, Hammer tightens his stance and begins to hastily run towards the origin of the souns, his senses telling him something dark was happening, and that this would not end up being a pretty night.

jasamcarl

First Post
Curtains of water fall from the sky as you rush through the labyrinthine walkways of Sharn. The stone and wooden paths wind around and between the towers and spires high above the ground, forming a complex latticework that can be very confusing on evenings such as this. The rain falls hard, running off higher walkways and balconies in drenching waves, making it difficult to see much more than a few feet ahead of you. The distant glow of everbright lanterns, barely visible in the soaking gloom, does little to light the paths on this warm evening.

Litlow: You spot a figure in a dark cloak moving quietly through the rain on the skybridge ahead. It seems to be avoiding the dim pools of light cast by the everbright lanterns, preferring to stay to the shadows. Lightning flashes, and you see a shape on the stone floor of the bridge in the brief illumination. The figure quickly reaches the railing of the skybridge, then slips over the barrier and disappears into the darkness and rain.

ooc: forgot to mention, i need a simple default marching order from you guys so i can determine position for traps and combat. Something like the following:

HR
LS

where the letter is that that comes first in your character's first name (L= Litlow, for instance)

Remove ads