• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Ryanucio snorts, gives his blade one last stroke of the whetstone inspects it briefly and then sheathes it as he stands. Glancing around the common room with his lips curled up in a faint sneer he strides over to the back room - ducking under the door frame with practiced ease.

Once there he moves to stand against the wall regarding this prospective employer with coldly appraising eyes.

Finn McCool

First Post
Kalinn Ari (Frost) - Female Tiefling Barbarian

Kalinn watches the newcomer with interest. When he offers a round for the house her mouth quirks in a half smile and she signals the bartender. Well, he doesn't seem quite as disreputable as the grimy guard. I'll see what he's got to say. Though I'm not sure about going anywhere with the pasty pig, he does look like he can handle himself in a fight. Once the barkeep arrives she asks for a mug of the best dark ale the house has on tap. Taking it firmly in hand, she makes her way into the back room to see what the man is offering.

{Exit Frost, Stage Left}

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo looks up from his conversation with the signorina and at the offering of a drink he aslks for a moderately expensive wine of the collinas district to the north east of Venza. He then continues his convversation wth Maia.

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena watches the aristocrat and starts on the meal that arrived just before he made his entrance. The sound of work, sounds rather appealing... perhaps after her meal she will check it out.

((Well... that sucks. Zelena is 2nd level. ))

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Hey, [MENTION=23494]Songdragon[/MENTION] - I've lost track of how many have signed on for AFs "A Soul Indescretion," but he might be able to use another one. I think most of the signees are first level - meaning they're likely to get slaughtered without a decent cleric. Maybe even with one!

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury, male human bravo

Fury drums his fingers on the table as the guardsman makes aborted attempts to recruit more people to take on his job only to see them reject him because he, like Fury, is a product of Planks. And when that foppish nobleman with his fancy, lacy cravat makes his pretentious little speech and starts dragging off able bodied men and women to the back room to hire them to prune his rose garden of toads or some such thing Fury begins to wish he'd skewered the fellow on first sight.

In his irritation, however, he notices that Zelena had entered the Dunn Wright when his attention was elsewhere. Glad to see the gnomish woman again Fury gets up to approach her table. He places a hand on the back of an empty chair. "May I?" He doesn't wait for a response but pulls the chair out and has a seat. "It's good to see you again, Zelena. Looks like you've been doing some traveling."

He passes a small amount of time with idle chit-chat before he gets to the subject on his mind. "See the seedy White Cloak over there? He's been sent by his superior to collect some to investigate a number of grisly murders in Ranocchio. Could be dangerous, especially if we get the attention of the murderers before we catch them. That other fellow is a former White Cloak so he was either too virtuous for the guard or too corrupt. Either way, it would be great to have someone like you I know I can trust to rely on during these investigations. Would you be looking for work, perhaps?"

Songdragon

Explorer
The gnomish woman greets Fury, "Merry meet Fury. Aye, I returned home for a short time to celebrate the Yule, with friends and family. Sorta a tradition with my kin."

She listens to the man's offer as she finishes off her meal. "Sounds most distressing and dire. I believe I could offer a helping hand. Or blade, as the situation may call for." She flashes a grin at the last comment.

(( Knowledge (local) regarding information about Ranocchio... 1d20+8=27 ))

((Zelena is a Cleric 1/Bard 1))

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads