[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

WindCrystal

First Post
~ At Kaedyn's Table ~

Amien responds to the challenge by rubbing his thumb and forefinger together as if handling change, "If the reward justified for the less than to be proud of type of labor, then I just might.. but that's not what you're here for is it? After all cheap labor is plentiful outside of the bar."

Amien glances over at the pretty girl joining them. Quite striking, but clearly way too young to him, at least nearly a decade so so Amien remains reserved and talkative towards the man foremost; after being asked to join with the Paladin at his table, Amien skirts by the counter to ask for his mug filled once more. With the girl being the first to be asked to be seated, Amien remains standing until he as well is offered a seat of his own; during this time he introduces himself, "My name is Amien Thrus, a simple adventurer. I am sure you already know about me from what I've already said about myself, but I will say that I am fairly new to the city but seen that when there's a problem, it's probably on a floating vessel of some sort or in a dock. I've so far fended off pirates and, I'm sure your church would appreciate this, nefarious cults and their most illegally owned zombies." A little embellished as long as nobody is there to point out that he wasn't the only one around during these quests, especially the latter where he did the most poorly against the undead of all of his companions. "I also despise parrots, if that holds any sort of relevance."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
~The Table of Borric, Daylily and Aradra (Eventually)~

The DWI door flies open, slamming into the wall with a resounding crash that is completely lost in the babble of voices within. The tall Tiefling woman runs into a slightly shorter man who's plainly of Celestial heritage. Both rebound against opposite sides of the doorframe, the Aasimar with considerably more force. They turn and look at each other, the woman's expression haughty until she meets the man's golden gaze with her own ice blue eyes. The man smiles slightly at first, then breaks into gales of full blown laughter . . . and the woman's expression lightens, then she begins laughing herself. When they've settled, the woman offers a calloused hand. "Kalinn Ari. We're going to have to stop running into each other like this."

The Aasimar takes the proffered hand in his own and shakes it heartily. "Aye, that's the truth. Or I'll end up getting hurt. I'm Breninyr Hydref."

Bren steps aside and gestures for Kalinn to precede him into the DWI, then follows behind. The two of them look around the room for familiar faces, Kalinn's gaze confident, Bren's that of a 'first timer' to the Dunn Wright. Both of them espy their goal at the same time, and end up making their way to the same table - that occupied by Daylily, Aradra and Borric. As they realize they are making for the same table, they look at each other and once more break into peals of laughter.

Kalinn speaks first when they reach the table.

[section]

"Daylily, Aradra! I found exactly what I was looking for . . . anything trying to mind-rape me will have a much harder time of it now. Of course, I also found a few other goodies while I was there; seems to happen to me every time I visit the Pearl. They're really good at keeping me short of funds. I ran into this fella a couple of times on the way there and back. Name's Breninyr Hydref." She pulls up a stool and props Winterbite against the table at her side.​
[/section]

Current Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 29 (16 Touch, 26 Flat-Footed)
HP: 127/127
CMB: +14 CMD: 30
Fort: +09 Reflex: +07 Will: +09

Standard Block

Rage Block
AC: 27 (14 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 160/160
CMB: +16 CMD: 30
Fort: +12 Reflex: +07 Will: +11

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
HP: 155/155
CMB: +15 CMD: 29
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +10

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 28 (15 Touch, 26 Flat-Footed)
CMB: +11 CMD: 24
Fort: +09 Reflex: +06 Will: +07

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 16/16)
Special: Spirit Totem (+9/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)

Current Weapon in Hand: Hafísbíta

Hafísbíta Powers Available
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge
Special: Boon: Cure Light Wounds (Remaining: 03/03)
Special: Boon: Heroism (Remaining: 01/01)
Special: Boon: Gallant Inspiration (Remaining: 01/01)

Spells Available
  • Level 0: Unlimited
  • Level 1: 7/7 per Day
  • Level 2: 6/6 per Day
  • Level 3: 3/3 per Day
Level 0: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
Level 1: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
Level 2: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal), Resist Energy
Level 3: Fly, Haste
[/sblock]

[section]
Bren nods at the two, his nose not even wrinkling a little at Daylily's pungent odor. "Daylily, Aradra . . . a pleasure." He turns and gestures at the shiny-armored warrior. "Let me return the favor; this is Borric Hawkins, a doughty warrior of my recent acquaintance. Borric, Kalinn Ari."
[/section]

AC: 18 (18 Flat-Footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 74/74
CMB: +10 CMD: 27 (+12/29 vs Grapple)
Fort: +12 Reflex: +08 Will: +18

Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (08/08)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08), Jaunt Boots (03/03), Unity (01/01)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Shield of Faith, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer, Searing Light
4th Level: Discern Lies, Freedom of Movement, Spiritual Ally, Spiritual Ally
[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
"Well, my name is Damaris Beiryn, pleased to meet you." Damaris smiles and accepts gladly the drink offered by the Paladin.

"If we are going to talk about our curriculum, well, I have an encounter with certain crazy wizard and undead on a cave. More recently I made my way to Umbru to help a noble on certain... family matters. I can't go into details, but let's say I'm not "

"I know I might not look like it, but I'm very versatile: I can inspire courage during a battle, I have some spells of my own to create distractions, I can shoot as good as any and I can provide healing if you bring a wand. Also, I like to think I have a natural talent to talk my way out of trouble. How that sounds?"

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

~ At Kaedyn's Table ~

The swarthy foreigner jumps out of the way as the white-haired woman and golden-skinned man have their literal run-in at the front door. He's been surveying the room, but the thickness of the crowd is making it difficult for him to sort everything out.

"Well, Ru, Gis always said: pick a focal point. So, focus." He takes one more quick scan of the room, then with the brief flash of a smirk and a raised eyebrow, he saunters over to the table with the lantern-jawed man in shining armor.

"Hope you don't mind if I join you?" he asks the paladin as he stands by an empty chair. The smirk has turned to a perfectly charming grin. "There's not really an empty table in sight, and they always told me knights were noble and willing to share?" he seems about to say more when he turns to Damaris.

He cocks his head to one side, brows furrowing slightly as he seems to study her, then he says, "Do I know you?" Before she can answer, his face relaxes and the charming demeanor returns as he adds, "It's going to sound like a pick up line--and from me, it's usually safe to assume that sort of thing--but your bone structure is just so familiar."

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris takes a good luck at Ru, but he doesn't seem familiar to her.

"Mhh... I don't think I have seen you before. But if you find any resemblance in me... perhaps you met my sister, Galandra. It would appear she has taken quite a few jobs around here. But I must say, that beyond that slightly physical similarity, there's a world of difference between the two of us. You see, she likes to kill things and smash faces... while I rather take a more elegant approach if possible. That doesn't mean I can't get my hands dirty if the need arises" Ru can tell there's a small sting on her voice when referring to Galandra.

"But, why don't we instead hear what the good Paladin here has to say? mmh? He seems to be looking for someone to take on a job... although the kind of job is still unknown. I like a good mystery..." she says with excitement and sipping her wine.

Systole

First Post
Daylily_150.jpg

Daylily peers with mild interest at Borric's flail. He draws the black metal guisarme that he carries and peers drunkenly at it. Then he begins shaking it, and after a moment the weapon melts into a flail that is identical to Borric's in all but color. The elf examples the weapon critically, then stands up and takes a few experimental swings. In his inebriated state, the blows seem dangerously wild, and come inches from causing extensive properly damage and injuring the less dexterous customers.

"Oy, runt! You put dat fookin' thing down right fookin' now!" Grog roars from behind the bar.

Daylily doesn't seem to even acknowledge the half-orc's yelling, instead poking at the links of chain with a frown. Eventually, he shrugs and the flail flows back to its original shape. Sitting back down, the barbarian says, "I am not too sures I am liking that kind of thing. It is crazy swinger, I am think. I am prefers the blade on the stick, or the hammer on the stick ... the weapons of the old fashions." He drains the remainder of the second bottle of liquor and reaches for the third.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
~The Table of Borric, Daylily and Aradra (Eventually)~

[section]

Kalinn straightens with a start and looks over her shoulder, then calms slightly. She scoops up her greatsword and takes a short step away from the table. "Ummm . . . Aradra, I hate to do this again, but I suddenly remembered an . . . ummm . . . appointment I've got. You fellas don't go anywhere fun without me; I'll be back well before Daylily passes out from that rotgut." With these mysterious words, she spins on her heel and hightails it out the door.​
[/section]

Current Block

Standard Block

Rage Block
HP: 160/160
CMB: +16 CMD: 30
Fort: +12 Reflex: +07 Will: +11

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
HP: 155/155
CMB: +15 CMD: 29
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +10

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 28 (15 Touch, 26 Flat-Footed)
CMB: +11 CMD: 24
Fort: +09 Reflex: +06 Will: +07

Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 16/16)
Special: Spirit Totem (+9/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)

Current Weapon in Hand: Hafísbíta

Hafísbíta Powers Available
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge
Special: Boon: Cure Light Wounds (Remaining: 03/03)
Special: Boon: Heroism (Remaining: 01/01)
Special: Boon: Gallant Inspiration (Remaining: 01/01)

Spells Available
  • Level 0: Unlimited
  • Level 1: 7/7 per Day
  • Level 2: 6/6 per Day
  • Level 3: 3/3 per Day
Level 0: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
Level 1: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
Level 2: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal), Resist Energy
Level 3: Fly, Haste
[/sblock]

[section]
Bren looks after his departing acquaintance in confusion, then turns to the others at the table. "Is she always so mercurial? Interesting."
[/section]

AC: 18 (18 Flat-Footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 74/74
CMB: +10 CMD: 27 (+12/29 vs Grapple)
Fort: +12 Reflex: +08 Will: +18

Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (08/08)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08), Jaunt Boots (03/03), Unity (01/01)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Shield of Faith, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer, Searing Light
4th Level: Discern Lies, Freedom of Movement, Spiritual Ally, Spiritual Ally
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]

The door to the inn, that seemingly has no rest today, opens once again. This time a pretty, blonde half-elven woman in a cloak enters. Using a staff to steady her walk, she makes her way slowly through the crowd. "Where's that scoundrel at?"

Shanara weaves her way around the other patrons as she slowly makes her way through the inn, "I know he's here, the drunkard." She checks out everyone seated at each table until she spots her quarry. Standing in the center of the room, she throws back both edges of her cloak over her shoulders, straightens her back and bellows out, "BORRIC! I have a message for you! The priests say you only have a week."

Her silks, lace and tassels might have fit well during her working days, but now they reveal a belly nine months pregnant.
[/section]

WindCrystal

First Post
~ At Kaedyn's Table ~

Amien stutters silently and hoists an index finger in silent protest as the new coming man has chosen the seat he was about to take. Forced to give up, he lets what they say linger on his ears. He bites his lower lip to fight the urge to valiantly fight the urge to make a comment about the study of bone structures; sadly, he fails, "I personally prefer there being more than just the bone, but I suppose everybody is different. Honestly I couldn't fathom remember a face or a name, much less bone structure."

When the girl mentions who her sister is, Amien darts his eyes but says nothing, deciding not to let the fact drown out all else. Opening his mouth to add to the friendly chatter, instead leaves a gaping expression that freezes as a terror bolts through the door; "Where's that scoundrel at?" asks somebody in particular, and Amien almost raises his hand in honesty, but then realizes that he doesn't even know this woman, much less be the right guy (if he was, he wouldn't even be standing here right now), so he quickly turns back towards the table and says, "Where were we again?"

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
~The Table of Borric, Daylily and Bren ~

Aradra smiles at Borric's bravdo "I do not have any fancy titles like you do, I am afraid. The last title I had was Scout Longstrider, but that was years ago. Seemed like only yesterday."

With the return of Kalinn and the new arrival of Bren, Aradra manged to get out a "Well met Bren. " before having to to duck as Daylily starts swinging the flail around. Once the flailing stopped, and Kalinn announced her sudden departure, Aradra looks up in confusion before saying to Bren "Not that I am aware, but I have only known her for some time."

Once the woman appears through the door, Aradra watcher her carefully before turning back to Borric and Bren. "How is it that you two..." was all he got before the woman's yell pierced the full Inn, and Aradra looks up in confusion at the woman, and back to Borric.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases