[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure

The door to the inn, that seemingly has no rest today, opens once again. This time a pretty, blonde half-elven woman in a cloak enters. Using a staff to steady her walk, she makes her way slowly through the crowd. "Where's that scoundrel at?"

Shanara weaves her way around the other patrons as she slowly makes her way through the inn, "I know he's here, the drunkard." She checks out everyone seated at each table until she spots her quarry. Standing in the center of the room, she throws back both edges of her cloak over her shoulders, straightens her back and bellows out, "BORRIC! I have a message for you! The priests say you only have a week."

Her silks, lace and tassels might have fit well during her working days, but now they reveal a belly nine months pregnant.

The voice carries to a back room, causing Vincenzo to choke on his wine, which is good. Laughing might not have been too good here. Though he wishes he could see who is prophesying what sounds like his demise.

Systole

First Post
Daylily_150.jpg

Daylily frowns drunkenly at the woman, then peers at Borric, then back at the woman ... and finally once again at Borric. "If I was you," Daylily advises the warrior, "I would go kick bottom of anyone who say I am weak. Anyone! Even if they was priest."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Standing by the door...

Fury slips into the Dunn Wright Inn just behind the pregnant woman. He scans the room for his friends and grins thinking of the hard time he could give Borric about the woman when he realizes she actually is hollering for Borric. One eyebrow quirks in an obvious 'oh!' and the rogue sidles along the wall to watch the fireworks.

His gaze picks out Borric sitting at table with Breninyr and a few strangers he doesn't remember meeting but doesn't see his witch friend.

"Oh, if only Sylvain were here right now," Fury mutters to himself.

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 9 / Bard 2
Initiative: +8 Perception: +14

AC: 24 (17 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 99 Current: 99
CMB: +9 CMD: 26 Fort: +5 Ref: +16 Will: +7

In Hand:
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Maui pushes himself to his feet and slaps a hand down upon Vincenzo's shoulder. "That sounds like te job for Maui and Taniwha." Seeing Vincenzo is interested in the exchange between the woman heavy with child and the warrior Maui asks his friend "Are you coming Handosme Blade? Or are you staying in te town to make te baby?"

He waits long enough to hear his response and then heads for the other room to talk business.

jbear

First Post
Not long after the druid leaves for the side room the door of the inn is pushed open by a bushy bearded frazzled old man in robes with his nose buried in a thick leather tome. He navigates his way through the crowded room without once ever looking up sitting down at the table where Daylily and Aradra sit talking to Boric just in time to hear the loud mouthed warrior's claim about caving in fool wizard's skulls like melons. If he heard the remark he does not make any comment. In fact he offers no greeting at all, never once raising his eyes even for a moment from the book.

Whatever he is reading is obviously rather dark in theme given the silver pentagram in the circle on the front, and the grotesque drawings of hideous creatures on the pages surround by tiny scrawled script that delved into detail about the foul behaviours of the illustrated creatures.

When Kalinn arrived with the celestial creature, although he did not look up from the book, he did mumble the word "good." What he meant by that, whether it was good that Kalinn had bought a magical item to protect her mind or that the aasimar was there, is entirely unclear.

The rest of the conversation seems to pass entirely over the head of the old wizard, like a stream over a rock. He doesn't even flinch when Daylily's wild swinging rustles his beard, nor when Kalinn leaves. The man may as well not be there at all... it seems strange even that if he were so intent on reading that he would even enter such a noisy place as the inn.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ At Kaedyn's Table ~

Morrolan.png

After he listens and acknowledges the introductions, Kaedyn glances over at the commotion and shrugs. The Chapterhouse of Helerion is not a home for wayward mothers with their bastard git. Though, if she cannot feed the young whelp, they would foster and raise him their order.

He gestures for Amien to sit down and replies, "We were talking and getting to know one another."

"Since this man has met Damaris's sister, perhaps he we tell us more about himself."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ At Table with Daylily, Bren, Aradra, et all ~

Swash1.jpg

Borric nods a greeting and tips his ale in Bren and Kalinn's direction as they join the gathering.

He looks on with interest at the display of the morphing weapon with a raised eyebrow, "Huh, neat trick. How much gold did that set you back?"

He does spare a glance over at the retired warrior running the bar. He remembers first meeting the gruff half-orc and thinking he was not so tough, but now that he is more experienced himself he can start to see the signs that Grog would be a real fookin' nightmare if he was armored and kitted up. A fact this elf might do well to figure out should the bartender take the nice weapon away and wrap it about his neck.

The warrior glanced over at the woman causing a ruckus, thinking she is pretty enough. Pregnant women have that glow and he is not that particular about the women he will take to bed if they are willing or the price is right. But, he cannot be sure if this one is from a past dalliance or not.

It feels like a solicitor calling to deliver a summons to appear before a magistrate and he frowns in consternation at the accusation. He calls out, "I don't know who you are lady, but I am not in the habit of paying child support for any whelps I sire. You are lucky to have a child of my blood at all if you are claiming it is mine. And, that is a BIG if, mind you."

"I don't think any priests are going to convince me pay before you pop that puppy out in seven days."

He mutters under his breath, "I sure as sheet ain't fookin' mid-wife, neither."

However, Borric is shrewd and considers other possibilities. He glances sidelong and asks, "Or is this message about something other than your impending child birth?"

He doesn't recall any dealings with priests lately. He has that gate key buried in his pack somewhere, but that is hardly a concern of any church. He did mention his idea of finding some flying carpets to go investigate that other realm to Fury and Bren, but again his personal quest was unrelated to any church business that he can think of.

A feeling of dread starts to develop in his stomach... or maybe it was just gas that needed to be purged from his carousing.

Borric mutters again, "Aww, sheet. I have a feeling a damned oracle is gonna ruin my day."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 103
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: Darkwood Shield(LH), MWk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

WindCrystal

First Post
~ At Kaedyn's Table ~

Amien is soon given the mug that he requested, and in response hands some coin as payment. After giving one last glance to see a man's bachelor status be put to rest in a figuratively brutal fashion, he has to walk around the table to find a seat for himself. Though he didn't actually need the clarification, he responds, "Fair enough. It can't hurt to know people." He then glances over to the man with a slight smile, waiting for his story as he enjoys holding on to his mug.

jkason

First Post
~ At Kaedyn's Table ~

"Wait ... Gal? You're Gal's ... huh. I see it now. Coloring's all wrong, but there it is. You're right. Your sister and I and a bunch of other greenies took a little jaunt to look for a lost cat. It's much more harrowing than it sounds," Ru assures her.

"I do find enjoyment tends to vary based on the size of the bone," Ru says in response to Amien, giving a roguish wink. "Seriously, though, certainly there's more than bone to enjoy in a body, but an old teacher of mine pointed out that bone structure's one of the harder things to mask. Note that, and it's much harder for someone to sneak a disguise past you."

At the commotion with the pregnant woman, Ru shakes his head. "Go fiddling around without being careful, and that's the least unpleasant result. This is what comes of forgetting that sex is a weapon, not a toy," he says to those at his table. He shrugs it off rather quickly, though, his face taking on a wide, cheshire-like grin as attention turns to him.

"You can call me Ru, though you won't regret it," he says, chuckling a moment at his own bad pun. "I'm a saver of cats and a slayer of rats, though I like to think I have a few more tools in my kit that just playing with domestic pets."

WindCrystal

First Post
~ At Kaedyn's Table ~

Amien hardly changes his cheerful expression given the insight provided on certain implications in that one line, as if something like that is expected to be said. Being informed of the practical reasoning behind the ability to study one's bone structure, he lifts his mug in cheer and states in humor, "As if I couldn't be any worse in that aspect. I have a thick head and a loose jaw.. but I'm sure you noticed that already."

He nods at the advice given on having a love life, "Indeed, I would rather shoot myself in the foot." He then looks back to the Paladin, "I suppose we should get off that subject. What's done is done, at least ten months ago at the most."

He finally then returns the introduction, "Amien Thrus. So far I qualify most as a pirate hunter who has seen his fair share of zoo animals in action, though that could change on a moment's notice on this very quest."

Remove ads