[Tavern] Tower's Shard '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Kalashtar priest, strangely, wearing Dol Arrah symbol instead of more common Il-Yannah enters and orders the drink. He listens for few minutes drinking his wine in peace. He then gets up and leaves on his business.

Last edited:

Farce

First Post
The half-orc, sleeping next to the fire, wake up suddenly. His eyes scans the room in search of something that he must have dream of because after a few moment, he calm down. He grabs a glass of water half emptied on the table near and throw it at his face, washing his fatigue away.

He then walks to the table where Knoepf. "I overheard you. What kind of evil stalking some evil?"

The goliath at the table speaks, "There seems to be a killer on the loose. We" gesturing to himself, Tirial, Knoepf, & Hasifar "are thinking to put a stop to it." he says simply, large hands wrapped around a large mug filled with water.

Velmont

First Post
Artemus think a moment. "If you need another hand, I'm with you. Vigilent work is in my line. My name is Artemus."

Kalidrev

First Post
As many of the others are discussing the murder in the Inquisitive, the doors to the Tower's Shard open once more. A githyanki wearing bright colors walks in the door. While his foot steps are not particularly graceful, they are perfectly precise and measured, almost like they had been mathematically calculated for the best placement on the wooden floor. For those that are familiar with the outer-worldly race, you may notice that this specimen's black eyes are not within the normal color limits of his kind.

These black eyes scan the bar and seem to absorb information about their surroundings. Having heard from others while walking into Sharn about this inn's custom, the Githyanki announces himself.

"I am known as Vistrathis. I am told that there are people who come here to look for adventure. Are there any who need the skill of a swordsman and a magician?"

dimsdale

First Post
The dwarf walks to his counterpart, saying "Hi, name's Kirska, what's yours? What are you doing here?" he asks jovially. As he gets close you can see a holy symbol of the Host hanging around his neck.

"And I am Knoepf, servant of the silver flame. What brings you to this fine establishment. I can tell you first hand that the roast mutton is delicious." Just as Knoepf is about the speak on of his companions nudges him to come forth. Knoepf turns and then nods to show he understands the situation. "Kirska, duty calls as we are going after a killer who must be stopped. Perhaps our paths may cross again in the future." With that, Knoepf moves off to the exit.

renau1g

First Post
These black eyes scan the bar and seem to absorb information about their surroundings. Having heard from others while walking into Sharn about this inn's custom, the Githyanki announces himself.

"I am known as Vistrathis. I am told that there are people who come here to look for adventure. Are there any who need the skill of a swordsman and a magician?"

A heavily armoured half-elf looks over to the newcomer, gesturing him to come and grab a seat next to him. If accepted, the half-elf will reach a mailed hand across the table, "Greetings, I am known as Vok Vaerhirmana, guardian of Dol Arrah. Do you serve The Host, perhaps Aureon specifically?" he asks.

Kalidrev

First Post
Vistrathis gladly takes the offered seat.

"Greetings Vok Vaerhirmana, guardian of Dol Arrah. Thank you for your kindness, it is not something that my kind sees often."

[sblock=Insight DC 10] He doesn't seem to be referring to his race when he says "my kind". As he speaks, you notice that his left fore-finger traces a red tatoo of an eye on his right hand. [/sblock]

"I am not 'of the cloth' if that is what you ask," he says with a smile. "No, I am just a wandering nomad who has picked up a smattering of arcane knowledge, wrapped up in a foundation of swordsmanship. For the last ten years I have traveled with Mama Kousha, a Ghallanda Enclave leader, and elder to my clan. I am now eighteen years old, and so it is my time to go on what we Vistani call The Jaunt. I am to travel the country in search of friendship, adventure, treasure, and someone or something valuable to my clan. Once I have found enough of this, I am to bring he, she, or it back so that my clan can grow."

"How about you? What brings you to the Tower's Shard?"

renau1g

First Post
Vistrathis gladly takes the offered seat.

"Greetings Vok Vaerhirmana, guardian of Dol Arrah. Thank you for your kindness, it is not something that my kind sees often."

[sblock=Insight DC 10] He doesn't seem to be referring to his race when he says "my kind". As he speaks, you notice that his left fore-finger traces a red tatoo of an eye on his right hand. [/sblock]

"I am not 'of the cloth' if that is what you ask," he says with a smile. "No, I am just a wandering nomad who has picked up a smattering of arcane knowledge, wrapped up in a foundation of swordsmanship. For the last ten years I have traveled with Mama Kousha, a Ghallanda Enclave leader, and elder to my clan. I am now eighteen years old, and so it is my time to go on what we Vistani call The Jaunt. I am to travel the country in search of friendship, adventure, treasure, and someone or something valuable to my clan. Once I have found enough of this, I am to bring he, she, or it back so that my clan can grow."

"How about you? What brings you to the Tower's Shard?"

"I am here to spread the good word of the Host and have realized that the best way to do it is through action. I have spent time in the Mournlands and seen firsthand the threats that can be unleashed if we sit around and do nothing. Have you heard of a kalashter who traveled here recently? I served with him on the front, his ability to sense enemies was uncanny, he taught me some tricks, but my eyes are not anywhere close to his." Vok replies, taking a long draught of his drink.

RickRoll

First Post
As the dwarf leaves the tavern, the eladrin stands, finishes her mug of ale, checks that her blades are loose in their scabbards and that the arrows are within reach.

"Good luck" she says simply to the newcomers, nodding her head as Tirial heads out of the Shard.

Kalidrev

First Post
Vistrathis thinks for a moment until he is sure of his answer and then responds to Vok.

"I do not believe I have run into this Kalashtar that you refer to. I have mostly been in the Talenta Plains, traveling by foot. When I came here to Breland, I chose to skirt around the Mournland. I have heard tale of the evil that spawns in that dark place and would not want to involve myself in its affairs. Better to let a sleeping dog lie than to realize that it is not sleeping, but rather undead and waiting for you to approach. I do agree that action is the best solution when trying to spread the name of someone, be it mortal or God. If one can see your good actions, and know that you are a servant of Dol Arrah, then it would certainly stand up to scrutiny that Dol Arrah must, too, be good. I do not share your faith, friend, but I can certainly appreciate it. Good can be found in many strange places and at many a strange time. As long as that never fails, I think Eberron may have a chance."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads