• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"You can hurt yourself if you drink too much poison." states Cairn suddenly.

Turning around Filo sees gray-white eyes burning on the stone and trained upon him.
"That's what Father Falkrunn remembers. Being toxicated to the point of not being himself."

It seems whoever 'Father Falkrunn' is he was intoxicated while teaching Cairn since some words are shortened or slurred in Cairn's sermonizing. Of course, it may be just the nature of Cairns voice that makes it hard to understand

hero4hire

Explorer
"Oh don't worry so much Cairn. I promise I'll not toxicate myself too badly." he then nods back to the dwarf. "Ho there friend Dwarf. What brings you around these parts?"

Last edited:

"Search for truth? Heh, isn't that what we all seek?" replies the goliath good naturedly.

"Seriously, I'm sent to find out, if I can, a reason, a cause or what not to instability of surrounding area and it's propensity for portals to various realms."

Goliath approaches Filo's desk
"May I?"

he sits without really waiting and leans forward conspiratorily and whispers
"And the task seems impossible so it may be that my superious simply wanted to get rid of a lad who asks too many questions, aye?"

OOC: character is not created yet, I have it in char builder finished, but I have to wait for my first character to level up. I just wanted to introduce him and since you commented how empty it is I thought t give it a go. Runepriest, at your service.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
"Portals you say?" Filo tsked and shook his head. "Dreadful things. Why Cairn and myself ran afoul of some rather tricky teleportation circles that 'ported in all sorts of nasty creatures. There was something about the various other-realms written on the walls in the area they were in that was key to activating them." The halfling then took another drink from his refilled tankard. "I would show you but we were rousted by some of the local militia for trespassing."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Eberron is quiet. These are peaceful times. Calm before the storm." grates Cairn and returns to his stone-like demeanor

OOC: so, any upcoming adventures?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]One, but its a continuation AFAIK. Might pick up one in the tavern if Evo's in amenable. As for the rest, someone could run a small one. :)[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Another figure throws open the tavern door with one hand while his travel cloak his held tight around him with the other hand. A quick, spring rain shower has developed outside though this traveler appears to be more than well prepared for the weather. Once inside, he sweeps his arm out from his body, releasing the cloak which covered his oilskin coat and also concealed the staff that was in his hand. The staff appears to hum and occasionally pulse with ripple of pure force, though the stranger's hand effortlessly adjusts its grip. Embedded, or maybe attached to the staff is a fist-sized crystal of amber. Electricity dances over the surface of the crystal, in time to the staff's own magical frequency. His reveal also exposes a tattoo over the left side of his neck that extends from his Adam's apple to his chin and then down to his shoulder. This too pulses with the power of magic, and seems to direct the ebb and flow of the rest of his power like some mystic conductor. It is quite apparent that this symbol is a dragonmark.

"GOOD DAY, STRANGERS," This man beams. "Though I certainly hope we don't stay strangers for long, so let me introduce myself. I am Priam. Priam d'Lyrandar, and it is wonderful to meet all you new faces today. So what's the recommended drink around here?"

Without being invited to do so, Priam pulls up a chair and sits at the busiest table he can find. He waits for the others to introduce themselves, the smile never once wavering from his face.

"Good day to you, Priam d'Lyrandar. I am Orsik called The Small. Aren't Lyrandars one of those families of prophecy? What do you do?"

Goliath speaking is anything but small, nearly nine feet tall and with muscles to match he looks more like small giant then normal humanoid. And the maul he's leaning on could probably sink a ship by looking at it.

Son of Meepo

First Post
"Prophecy? Oh, that little thing? I much more interested in helping people than worrying about ancient history. I am, or I was, a Raincaller. I performed rituals to change the weather. Surprising that there is such a demand for such a simple thing.

So what do you do with that big hammer? Stake pavilion tents for the circus?"

The giant looks at the maul inscribed in runes and traces few of them with his fingers. "This one is called Osvetnik meaning The Avenger in common. I use it mostly for defense."
Then with a smile
"Occasionaly to open doors or stake few enemies into the ground as circus tents."

"As for what I do, I look for names of things and ancient runes to strenghten even more ancient wards. Aberrations are gaining strength in Xendrik again."

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads