[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

modest

First Post
"I can do better." The halfling reaches into his bag and pulls out three small portfolios, passing them to the group. Inside, the group find profiles for two halflings and a human, including images, work logs and basic information.

"I'll need those back. I don't want to tell you folks how to do you're job. House Jorasco needs to keep a clean image and we'd rather not you have any identifying items with you should anything arise."

Dalvach balks at the mention of Jorasco. "Been a long time since I had any business with the House. We didn't quite see eye to eye. They believed my methods to be...uncouth." Dalvach laughs and takes a mighty swig from his glass of ale. "Who are they to judge my tactics? Tell me Melkin, where were these members last scene? Where is our destination? Have these members been a reliable source in the past? I'm sure it's nothing more than a case of general capriciousness." Dalvach says the last bit with an air of confidence, as if to condescend those whom the task has been assigned.

modest

First Post
Dalvach glances from Nyar to Daegaul to Baern as he waits for Melkin's reply, itches his ear, then spits on the floor.

Last edited:

Zissou

First Post
I can do better." The halfling reaches into his bag and pulls out three small portfolios, passing them to the group. Inside, the group find profiles for two halflings and a human, including images, work logs and basic information.

"I'll need those back. I don't want to tell you folks how to do you're job. House Jorasco needs to keep a clean image and we'd rather not you have any identifying items with you should anything arise."
The currents run through the halo around Daegaul's head speedily. "So do we get paid before or after, is my question. Vague and risky is the tone I'm hearing and my efforts don't come cheap for a couple of halfings. How am I supposed to find the short weeds?" A humorous smile creeps across Daegaul's face.

Dalvach balks at the mention of Jorasco. "Been a long time since I had any business with the House. We didn't quite see eye to eye. They believed my methods to be...uncouth."
"Tell me about these uncouth methods you used. Are you going to find these halflings no problem?"

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"You're dealing directly with me now," Says Melkin. "And I don't want to know your plans, methods or actions unless I have to. You're job is to find out what happened to these agents. If they're alive, we will reward you more to get them out, but we at least want a location. We're offering 500 gp a piece, just for this information."

He pauses a moment at that. "The money comes only after the job is completed. If you should die, be arrested, or fail in a very public manner, we will of course deny any connection to your actions. Take a minute, and let me know if you want in."

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar, who has been sitting in quiet reflection during the discussion, seems more than a little unsettled.

"Let me summarize to ensure I am not missing any facts. A rival healing house opened its doors. You sent three "associates" to visit said house. And they haven't returned?"

He sits forward intently.

"Make no mistake Master Melkin, I am no thug. Did your comrades really go to threaten this other house? Are we merely being used as muscle to move out any competition? What proof do you have that these three didn't decide to join this other house? That they haven't been recruited to their cause?"

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern looks around at the others and their questions. I'm in he says quietly to Melkin. He looks over at Dalvach with a raised eyebrow, then grumbles a bit and begins wittling some wood again with his handaxe.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"I have no such proof for you." Melkin says simply. "Of you find out they've turned traitor I'd like to know. But like I said muscle is not our style, and I'm telling you to use force, I'm just not telling you not to either."

He leans back with a smile. "Of I didn't answer all your questions, did I? The house in question is called 'The Key Sip' on account of its location among the theatre's I'm told. They agensts in question were last seen toward the outside of Torchfire, on their way toward the Sip."

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar seems relieved to hear Melkin's response.

"I appreciate your understanding. Incinerating cultists and purging demons is a worthy task that I pursue with gusto. If we find this rival to be a simple house of healing, I won't turn my tempest wrath against them. Regardless, we will find your colleagues and report to you of their whereabouts. Consider that my oath to see this through."

Zissou

First Post
"I hear you," Daegaul says resigning from trying to scalp any more information from Melkin. "Well then, nothing left to gain from sitting here. I'm ready for a change of scenery. I accept and if there is nothing left to discuss, we should begin to journey. I'm growing stiff from anticipation and inaction."

modest

First Post
Dalvach gives a heavy sigh and stands slowly. "I still think this is just grunt work but I do owe you after our last foray with those self-righteous nomads Melkin." Dalvach bows low and says "We will find your misplaced patrons, you have my word." With his last comment he assembles his gear and heads for the door. "Right then, of to the Sip..and to find our cleric." He places his spectacles inside his well-worn cloak and mutters to himself about being too old for simple recovery tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads