[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2011

Son of Meepo

First Post
As the tavern patrons start to settle down to their drinks, the sound of racing hooves and surprised screams to clear the way can be heard from the street. A cloud of dust approaches the front of the tavern, where it stops. As the grit hangs in the air, citizens caught in the cloud struggle to clear it from their lungs. A single sinewy but muscular figure emerges undaunted from the still obscured street.

The man is clearly and elf... or perhaps was an elf is more accurate. His skin is leathery and dusky, clearly infused with the power of life beyond death. But those familiar with the undead realize that there is something different about him. He a creature of both life and death.

The man wipes the grime from his desert clothing. Slung over his back is a shortbow made of bone and a quiver of arrows and at his side hangs a falchion.

You may recognize him as one of the legendary deathless. The spirit of a Valenar warrior returned to his body after death.

The deathless eyes each person grimly in turn, trying to discern some truth through his piercing gaze.

"Who calls the spirit of Sirrah, The Rider back to his flesh?"

Sirrah the Bleak Rider, level 4 deathless elf (revenant) berserker has entered the tavern.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The marshal stud up, valiantly. His arms folded before his chest. He also carried the air of the desert.
Kalashtar.jpg

"None has called for you, fiend. Seek trouble no further, or face the illustrious Marshal Hilkalas. If you remain peaceful, you may yet stay among the living." the marshal informed, his arms still on his chest rather than reaching for his curved blade.

FourMonos

First Post
The tavern doors bust open once again, this time a solid form of a dwarf wearing dark leather armor and carrying a craghammer stomps inside.

"Brews!" He shouts, "Braddock be back! Get me a mug of something worthy of the dwarven palate and some sausages to go with it."

Well versed in the traditions of the tavern, Braddock does a small turn and bow to the inn, "Braddock the Historian, at your service. Always seeking knowledge of the rarest sort. If you need my eldritch services, you'll find me behind my mountain of empty mugs."

With that, he drops his craghammer on a table near the corner and awaits his beer.

Blehn, keen to find anyone willing to go into the Mournland to help him find and save his brother, stands up from the bar and slowly makes his way over to the dwarf, both fists grasping the handles of over-filled mugs of brew, foam dancing on top like a rabid badger. The black-furred Gnoll plops both ales on the dwarf's table and slides them over to him.

"Blehn Dir I be. Knowledge you seek, say you, yes? *YIP* Mournland have mystery, yes? Blehn Dir you go with *YIP* for knowledge, into Mournland?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hilkalas throws a stare at Braddock. The undead thing was silent like a grave, and didn't seem immediately dangerous. He could leave it be for now.
"A historian. A rather odd sight in these places." he gestures with disgust to his surroundings "I am the illustrious Marshal Hilkalas, I seek an army to lead and a worthy challenge. And I'm still waiting for my drink." he shots another scowling, emotion devoid stare at the barkeeper.
The marshal is tall, his eyes are completely white and beady, as is his hair, long and braided. He walks with airs of nobility. A kalashtar surely. He is dressed in exotic robes, and a strange looking sword hangs from his belt. A crystal orb orbits the man, adding more to his exotic appearance. It is then that Braddock realizes the man has not spoken, what he heard was inside his head; Hilkalas's mouth has not opened yet.

Kalashtar.jpg

Blehn, only marginally familiar with Kalashtar kind sees Hilkalas gesturing about him silently, and putting on airs of nobility with his upturned chin and better-than-thou stance. Par for the course as far as being in Sharn was concerned though. You couldn't travel through two levels of the city without bumping into one titled something or another on your way from place to place. It made him wonder just what made these people think they were so special...especially since there were so many of them. That wasn't to say that Blehn didn't understand hierarchy. The Dir family wouldn't dare stand in the way of The Sisters or their cronies, for instance... and the lowly goblin worker of Droam wouldn't dare stand in the way of the Dir family. The difference, however, was that the people of Droam just accepted how things worked, and one knew exactly where they stood in scheme of things. Every once in a while someone would need to get their head knocked in, just so that they understood where it was that they stood, and rarely, that would mean that someone of a lower station just "graduated" to the next level of standing, but for the most part, it wasn't something that needed to be over-stated.

He could see the Kalashtar staring at Braddock and wondered what was going on. The desert dweller had an exotic look about him, and the floating, spinning orb didn't diminish that. Blehn didn't understand the need for such embellishment of stature. Why would anyone want to make themselves look more important or powerful than you really were? That would only get you in trouble when someone who WAS more powerful than you called you out. Blehn much preferred the opposite approach. He didn't look like anything much. But he could certainly back up his words with actions. Ignoring all of that for the moment, Blehn decided to just keep a careful eye on Hilkalas. One never knew exactly what the temperament could be of one of the "non-monsters". Instinctively, Blehn shifted his weight to the balls of his feet, though he consciously made sure that he didn't make any threatening movements with his hands. Looking back at the dwarf, Blehn waiting for a response to his questions, and ample offerings of ale.

FourMonos

First Post
As the gnoll approaches, Braddock climbs up on the table to get to an even height with Blehn Dir. His dwarven instinct kicked in as his feet adeptly moved around the mugs of beer without so much a jostle. Braddock looks over Blehn Dir's face, moving his head from left to right. It takes the gnoll a second to realize that the dwarf is looking for tattoos and finally into his eyes. His curiosity satisfied, Braddock grins at the gnoll. "A Znir gnoll here in Sharn, how wonderful!"

Happily, he looks around the bar to gauge everyone's reaction. He is disappointed when blank or disinterested looks are all he finds.

He clasps Blehn Dir on the shoulder, "Ach, they don't appreciate how sophisticated a gnoll ye be. Their loss. Welcome to Sharn, my furry friend. The Mournlands, ye say? I wouldn't mind exploring some of old Cyre, to be sure. Dangerous place, to be sure... to be sure... What be your interest there?"

As Hilkalas addresses Braddock, he turns his head and smiles, then repeats his small bow. The table creaks under his compact weight.

Well then, he thinks, a Kalashtar. Be ye from Sarlona proper then? Be not too hard a judge of these bar patrons. Give them a change and they will surprise ye. Come join us for a drink.

"Well then, everyone have a seat. Let's eat and drink while the food be good." Again, with more dexterity than one would have thought, Braddock traverses the table without spilling the beer and hops into his seat.

"Brews! Send the barmaid with beer for everyone! And sausages!"

After everyone has a seat, he comments, "So does anyone know what is with the deathless elf by the bar? Rare they be."

Voda Vosa

First Post
A furtive gaze at Blehn was all that Hilkalas spared. He was used to his race, but merely as front soldiers, or tactical strike forces. He just could seem to realize people talked to them as civilized creatures. Then again, he saw everyone as part of his future army, with which regain his lost glory. "People are to show their worthiness with actions rather than expect it freely, master dwarf." his thoughts also extended to the gnoll this time. "I don't expect anyone to accept the fact that I'm the most brilliant tactical mind freely, I show this in the battlefield, leading my armies to triumph. Wouldn't you agree?" despite the fact that the man had no defined eyes, save for milky white sockets, Blehn could sense he was talking to him. The marshal sits at the table.
" I know naught of this elf, save that he is an undead atrocity. Should he have reacted somehow to my demands I would have known something, that either he was harmless or how much time it would have taken me to turn him into dust."

The lips on Blehn Dir's muzzle part, revealing his sharp teeth. While most Gnolls would be uncomfortable performing such an action in such a calm environment (as it is usually a sign of hostility for a gnoll to show their teeth), Blehn had spent enough time around the humans and half-orcs of house Thrashk to know the difference between a show of aggression and smiling.

"Blehn Din, I look for. *Yip* Brother he be. Into Mournland he went. Never came out. *Yip* Half-orc Thrashk man Korpus went with, but he come back. Blehn Dir needs find Korpus. Make Korpus take Blehn Dir to find Blehn Din."

When Hilkalas finally addressed him, Blehn turned his toothy smile to the silently communicating Kalashtar (though admittedly, his beady eyes looked around in a somewhat paranoid fashion, for just a moment, before realizing who it was that was "talking" to him).

"*Yip Yip Yip!!*," agreed Blehn, his head bobbing up and down. "Action better. Strength shown, not strength said."

Vertexx69

First Post
Karananak Bole, Wilden Swarm Druid 5

A strange voice can once again be heard, but not understood, coming from just the other side of the tavern doors. "... An I an I bean tellin yuh dis ere ole time den..." A tall, impossibly thin being stumbles in through the tavern doors, tripping over the threshold. He starts falling forward, into what is sure to be a legendary faceplant, but shatters into hundreds of tiny creatures instead. Every creature anyone in Sharn has ever encountered in a swarm form is represented as the pile surges and sways. The swarm looks as if it might start to disperse, but then pulls itself into a roughly humanoid form and stands up. The individual beasts melt together and the solid, once more humanoid shape of the being stands before everyone. The Wilden looks around and grins sheepishly as he dusts himself off and looks back out the entrance.

He has deep brown skin with some sort of bark-like pattern on it, and a huge clump of what you guess might be hair on his head like a two foot-radius ball of tiny black leaves. His eyes are large, non-reflective black pools that draw you into them like the darkness down a well. His legs are back bent like some animals ending in a pair of bare, three-taloned feet, with toes splayed wide for balance. He wears a tattered hide vest and breeches that have seen far better days, with what might be a stone flute tucked into a sash and a dirty pack. He carries nothing else other than a sturdy hawthorn wood walking stick, carved from end to tip with the shapes of animals and beasts of every type under the sun.

A woman the size of a smallish housecat flies in over the still swinging saloon style doors with a look of embarrassment on her beautiful, if tiny face. She has long black hair that hangs half way down her back and flawless red skin. She has a little pair of horns sticking out of her forehead, a set of full batlike wings and a slender, prehensile tail that is flaired at the end to a point. She smacks her palm to her forehead at her companion's clumsiness and squeaking at him in the language others may have caught coming from outside and lands in the crook of one of the tree man's arms to continue berating him. Wearing nothing to cover her lovely form.

His razor sharp claws dig into the rough wood of the Shard's floor as he crosses the room towards the weathered bar. He pauses to throw a little salute at the large stuffed black dragon next to the massive hearth of the establishment. "Brews me good can, been nye unta two a dem yeas past an die an I been missun yuh fia wata soam tin fiace, trute. A tall cuh poh yuh hadiest stuff den, if yuh don be mindin iree?"

Brews pauses a moment while the gears tick and whir in his head, translating the thick accent before pulling down a tankard filling it from the huge casque behind the bar. "Ah yes, right away then master Bole." The wilden reaches into his vest and pulls out a tiny mug, handing it to little lady on his arm. She flits to the bar next to his tankard and dips her cup into it several times, draining it between trips.

He then picks up his drink, and after a long swallow finally looks around at the other patrons raising his glass in greeting. "Greetuns an salyuhtashuns tuh duh law tuh yuh den." He lopes over to the table of people giving them a nod. "I an I bein called Karananak Bole." He takes a sip of the drink and almost spills it as he is jabbed in the ribs by by his tiny companion. The skin of his face lightens slightly in what might be a blush of embarrassment for not introducing his impish familiar. "An dis 'ere tiny 'ellcat be Eve. She be me monkey, I be her tree." She squeaks and twitters to Karananak. Whatever she says amuses him as he takes another sip of ale. "Saw wha tcha be collin yuhselves den?"
[sblock=Actions]Free: Speak, pick up drink
Minor:
Wild Shape
Move: Cross common room
Standard: Enter Tavern[/sblock][sblock=Swarmwhisper]Karananak Bole—Male Wilden Druid 5; Resist 5 Fire/Poison, (Resist 4 Melee/Ranged in Beast Form)
Initiative: +2, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 22
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15(17 in beast form), Will: 19 — Speed: 6
HP: 50/50, Bloodied: 25, Surge: 12, Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Savage Rend
Locust Swarm
Cold Wind

Scattered Form
Voyage of the Ancients/Wrath of the Destroyer*/Pursuit of the Hunter
Battering Claws

Summon Pack Wolf
Summon Shadow Ape
Healing Infusion

Item Powers:
Summoner's Staff +2 (Daily ✦ Summons) Immediate Interrupt. Trigger - An enemy hits a creature Karananak summoned. Effect - Triggering enemy rerolls attack and must use 2nd roll.
Hunting Beasthide Armor +1 (Encounter ✦ Beast Form): Move Action. You shift 2 squares.

Character Sheet
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Woot lvl 5 now, all details adjusted and requesting approval!

You'll have to forgive my attempt at a Jamaican accent, just try to sound it out phonetically or use the translation below. :cool:[sblock=Translation]... And I've been telling you this whole time then...

Brew my good man (can since he's metal :p), been nye on two years and I've been missing your fire water (alcohol) something fierce, truly. A tall cup of your hardiest stuff, if you don't mind, alright?

Greetings and salutations to the lot of you.

I am called Karananak Bole, and this here tiny hellcat is called Eve.

So what do you call yourselves then?
[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads