D&D 5E Taxes, and the people who have to pay them.

jasper

Rotten DM
Ok, is this going help build the campaign/world lore? And is going to be fun? If yes too both then go with some of the suggestions in the thread.
Or you could silver and gold them to death. Entrance to city is 1 gp. Horse is 1 sp etc. Money changers from 1E. In well establish places you can only spend local coin. Exchange rate is 5 to 10%.
Or you could adjust the treasure list to decrease the coin.
Here is snip from an article I did in the 3E days.
The new coins, minus the moneyer’s cut and king’s cut, are return to the customer. The average percentage for the moneyer in England was six coins per pound or about one percent. The king’s cut varied but about six pennies per pound weight was the average. The money from moneyer’s cut had to pay salaries and materials but generally was enough to be very profitable....

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Ok, is this going help build the campaign/world lore? And is going to be fun? If yes too both then go with some of the suggestions in the thread.
Or you could silver and gold them to death. Entrance to city is 1 gp. Horse is 1 sp etc. Money changers from 1E. In well establish places you can only spend local coin. Exchange rate is 5 to 10%.
Or you could adjust the treasure list to decrease the coin.
Here is snip from an article I did in the 3E days.
The new coins, minus the moneyer’s cut and king’s cut, are return to the customer. The average percentage for the moneyer in England was six coins per pound or about one percent. The king’s cut varied but about six pennies per pound weight was the average. The money from moneyer’s cut had to pay salaries and materials but generally was enough to be very profitable....

Well, this is all set in one large nation, with a good 1000 years - 30 years (the newest province) on its belt. For the most part, and exchange of monies will be rare, or if I want to put particularly old coinage in for loot from dungeons and ruins.

I do have plans to use some of the suggestions. Mostly this will be for the purposes of making the world feel more real.

Remove ads