D&D General Tell me about your campaign

ccs

41st lv DM
The Sunday game:
Two campaigns, alternating back & forth a "chapter" at a time.
Campaign #1: (as a player) - Pathfinder, Ruins of Azlant AP. we're mid book two atm.
Our characters are members of a colony settling an island that used to be part of Azlant. In the PF worlds backstory Azlant is like Atlantis - highly advanced & sunken/destroyed thousands of years+ ago. As we explore the island we find ancient ruins, artifacts, & come into conflict with dangerous inhabitants (some leftover from the days of azlant itself - like the aboliths)
Campaign #2: (as the DM) - 5e, Dungeon of the Mad Mage.
Spinning out of events in my Thur 5e game. Floon (from Dragon Heist) was shoved into the well at the Yawning Portal Tavern. The Thur. night group of "heroes" saw this & in front of many witnesses, declined to jump in and save him. Instead opting to run off chasing his assailant....
Thankfully for poor Floon the Sunday PF GM was looking to set up an alternating campaign rotation....
So it just happened that there were other brave adventurers in the YPT that evening. :)

The Thur. game: (as the DM) - 5e
I guess you could say that the general plot is to return the Sunsword to Barovia.
The PCs acquired the hilt in the 2nd session & learned that "It doesn't belong here in this world, you have to return it to Barovia where it can actually do some good".
The initial idea was always to eventually run the players though the classic I6/I10 combo.
But as the players have gone off on 4 wide ranging mostly non-related side arcs en-route, the campaigns developed more into about what happens along the way, as driven by the players.
They'll get there eventually. I think.
It's a complete soup of homebrew, published stuff, & published stuff that's been well & truely brewed.

Dr Magister

Explorer
Two ongoing campaigns.

1. The players are helping restore the young Queen Anna to the throne of Harrowhold, which she fled as a baby due to a violent revolution. The kingdom has since become a brutal, totalitarian state at least as bad as the old monarchy.

2. The party are adventurers on the distant border of a vast empire which is slowly sliding into civil war. They've just been captured by some eladrin and taken as prisoners into the Feywild. (That wasn't supposed to happen, and the time dilation means the civil war will have progressed significantly by the time they return.)

Ximnipot69

Explorer
Five years ago the PC's calm little fishing village was enjoying a harvest festival when it was suddenly destroyed by the tarrasque.
They were found by a knightly order of dinosaur riding archers, and joined their ranks hunting down dangerous monsters.
Now they plan on going on a pilgrimage to six holy temples, each dedicated to one of the dead dragon gods that help guard the lands, hoping to seek their blessings so that they might finally get their revenge...

Coroc

Hero
campaign kind of ended, or at least is on pause since three month:

Party had to collect three parts of the ashen staff to close a portal in Doraaka by using the assembled staff at Tovag Baragu.
The portal would have given Iuz the upper hand in a kind of 30 years war of his orc hordes and evil aligned humans vs the neutral and good nations.
The PCs are agents of Greyhawk who became that by their deeds, after entering the city as war refugees.
The campaign used all sorts of stuff, several excursions to Ravenloft, several official modules, all modified, and converted from 2e to 5e.
The group managed to close the gate, but thereby freeing Kas, who is out for revenge against Vecna who is currently a prisoner of Iuz. Further ideas are a prison rescue scenario, aka city of skulls, and/or Rary the traitor.

Intended Campaign: Darksun with my 5e rules, using the 2e stuff starting with Freedom

As a player: Ranger woodelf in Oota

Stalker0

Legend
In Taranya, the greatest city in the multiverse, lies Stargate Command I mean the Ataridan, a group of elites who travel the multiverse using Gates on missions.

The party is the "B Team", misfits from the Ataridan, all with some personal issue that has put them on the Ataridan's "**** list", and are now on a campaign of redemption trying not to get fired:)

Laurefindel

Legend
3-player Girl Genius webcomic adaptation set in 1019YK Eberron, so 20 years or so past default setting starting year. The Mournland marks the conclusion of the war with the Other (and its presumed death). In this version, the treaty of Tronehold failed after the assassination of king Boranel. The war resumed, and the Baron came to mop and unite everyone in a not-so-nice way. His Empire has been holding the Pax Khorvairia for the last 20 years.

players play Agatha, Gilgamesh, and Tarvek analogues and are currently in Castle Heterodyne (renamed Aturodyne in this game, where Atur is Mechanicsburg).

players know of the comic but never read it. I’m trying not to railroad the game, but things have been going remarkably parallel to the comic so far. Almost eerily so in fact

Last edited:

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
The great guilds defend the Cities of Order from the Forces of Chaos.

7 random crazy people accidentally join one of the more powerful guilds because of their involvement with a witch bearing the Staff of a Chaos god. Now all the Chaos staves must be recovered.

Tormyr

Hero
I am running a game of War of the Burning Sky.

People trying to leave their difficult pasts behind are recruited by the Resistance to safeguard vital intelligence regarding the Empire's war effort. They work together to right the wrongs of the war where they can, making allies of enemies and realizing that some allies are not worthwhile friends. In the end, they will stand against the forces who would seek to destroy the lands, and maybe, just maybe, they will bring healing.

Voadam

Legend
The one I was DMing last that is probably not going to resume due to Covid interruption:

The party engages in a bunch of gothic and cosmic horror investigations in a D&D world where most PCs and NPCs are recognizable actors or characters (insane Robin Williams, Necromancer Jack Nicholson, creepy patron Christopher Walken, Bishop Tom Cruise of the Church of Asmodeus, the half-elven Lady Jessica Jones, the Nutty Professor Lewis of the Alchemy Department).

The online one I am playing in online.

The party continues to fail forward in their quest to gather enough artefacts and info to take down Count Strahd Von Zarovich, but it does not look promising based on success rate so far.

Remove ads