D&D 5E Temple of Elemental Evil is the next Original Adventures Reincarnated

Goodman Games has announced the next in its line of Original Adventures Reincarnated - -and it's The Temple of Elemental Evil, in late 2020 or early 2021.

OAR6_RoughCoverA_retouched_v2-1.jpg

"Like all of the Original Adventures Reincarnated line, this release will contain both the original material scanned in and cleaned up to present it as it originally appeared, along with a full, new 5E translation in the second half of the book. The new material is being designed by a creative team led by Chris Doyle with contributions from Rick Maffei and others, all of whom are seasoned veterans of Dungeons and Dragons across its many incarnations.

Unlike the previous five volumes in the OAR line, the sheer size and scope of this module requires something new: OAR #6: The Temple of Elemental Evil will be released as a two-volume hardcover slipcase edition. The two volumes will also contain expert commentary about the original modules and their history."

Here's the back cover text:

EVIL BORN ANEW

The Village of Hommlet thrives again. Years ago, this quaint village nearly fell prey to a great, neighboring evil. The nearby Temple of Elemental Evil, a grand edifice of wickedness, was defeated after a great battle and thrown into ruin forever … or was it? Bandits have started to ride the roads again, and there are other ominous signs afoot. It is whispered that the demonic evil at the heart of the Temple was not truly conquered but merely imprisoned. Even now, agents of evil, malevolent beasts, and far worse creatures are conspiring to return the Temple to power and enslave the surrounding lands. Hommlet and the neighboring ruins may hold clues, but not everyone is to be trusted. Surely danger lies hidden in this idyllic region.

Sharpen your swords and axes. Purchase your iron rations and tinderboxes. And don’t forget at least one 10-foot pole. Great adventure awaits those that dare confront the Temple of Elemental Evil!

This book collection is an homage to the origins of an adventure that began decades ago with T1: The Village of Hommlet and T1-4: The Temple of Elemental Evil. Herein you will find high-quality scans from multiple printings of the original first edition adventure modules, plus commentary by gaming legends. Full fifth edition conversions of both adventure books are included, as well as brand new adventure material that adds new wilderness encounters, expands the Village of Nulb, fully details the evil Elemental Nodes, and provides fifth edition updates of many original magic items, monsters, and spells. This is a fully playable mega-dungeon and mini-campaign—many hours of classic-style adventure await you!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I'm curious, is Zuggtmoy's stats here the same as they are in Out of the Abyss? Or did they make something new?

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Wasn't in OotA all the demons were somewhat "emerging" and thus their stats weren't full power stats? Not sure Zuggtmoy's role here in ToEE.

Yes, but they all are tweaked in the adventure to have like half their hit points and stuff after fights with each other. So they're 5E stats at normal strength is supposed to represent them as normal.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
Not having it available on PDF is the most effective for me. Pretty much guarantees I'll never choose to run it since I'm an online-only DM.
Take that up with WotC. The license they granted Goodman is print-only. No PDFs.

That said, for the standard OARs, it would be a 300 page PDF. It's not like they're charging all that money for a 40 page booklet.

The standard OARs are about $70. ToEE is $99. And what you get is a hardbound module that is the same or better quality than the product that WotC themselves put out. Do I like that Goodman's estimated release dates are laughable? No. Do I understand why it takes so long? Absolutely.

Retreater

Legend
Take that up with WotC. The license they granted Goodman is print-only. No PDFs.

That said, for the standard OARs, it would be a 300 page PDF. It's not like they're charging all that money for a 40 page booklet.

The standard OARs are about $70. ToEE is $99. And what you get is a hardbound module that is the same or better quality than the product that WotC themselves put out. Do I like that Goodman's estimated release dates are laughable? No. Do I understand why it takes so long? Absolutely.
I have their B1-2 conversion and Lost City. I'd be tempted to get this one as well, but since I've been gaming online only for the past 2 years, it really stinks that there's not an electronic version available to allow easy porting to a VTT. I'm not blaming Goodman. It's just one of those "well, shucks" grumbles.

Their "Isle of Dread" conversion is absolutely superb; I might pick this one up next if I ever find an extra C-note in my wallet.
I don’t know if this helps but some online retailers have it for quite a bit less. I have bought stuff from both and had great experiences.

or

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases