• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ten rules for player conduct

jasper

Rotten DM
Players Rules of Conduct

0. I will find a DM that fits my gaming style.

1. I will do my best to read and know the rules (including house rules) about my character.

2. I will share game time with other players and not be a DM hog.

3. I will know and play the flavor of game the DM likes.

4. I will only challenge the DM on rules calls if it is important and abide by the Dm ruling. If I can’t stand the ruling I will talk with DM outside of the game. If I still do not like the ruling, I will suffer in silence.

5. I will not bring out of game problems into the game.

6. I will respect other game styles.

7. I will not cheat unless the Dm allows cheating.

8. I will find out how the Dm views alignment and play accordingly.

9. I will play well with others.

10. I will realize it is only a game.

Tsyr

Explorer
jasper said:

You need to put "I will known and play the flavor of game the Players like" in the DM's rules. It's equally important.

Flyspeck23

First Post
jasper said:
Players Rules of Conduct

0. I will find a DM that fits my gaming style.

1. I will do my best to read and know the rules (including house rules) about my character.

2. I will share game time with other players and not be a DM hog.

4. I will only challenge the DM on rules calls if it is important and abide by the Dm ruling. If I can’t stand the ruling I will talk with DM outside of the game. If I still do not like the ruling, I will suffer in silence.

5. I will not bring out of game problems into the game.

6. I will respect other game styles.

7. I will not cheat unless the Dm allows cheating.

8. I will find out how the Dm views alignment and play accordingly.

9. I will play well with others.

10. I will realize it is only a game.

I should probably send this list to my players. They're constantly breaking rule 2, 6 and 8, and sometimes rule 0...

Rule 0 deserves to be in that position. Nothing is more frustrating for a DM than being told that the adventure, while fun and interesting, wasn't to the players' tastes.

On the other hand, gaming style should be found by a cooperative effort by all people involved, GM and players (case in point: there's only one and a half player arguing about different gaming styles in my group).

And of course, rules 2 and 9 must include a joint codicil, that goes something like...

2/9a. I will never again play a surly loner who wants nothing to do with the party, and whom the DM has to drag kicking and screaming into the game every other session.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
2/9a. I will never again play a surly loner who wants nothing to do with the party, and whom the DM has to drag kicking and screaming into the game every other session.

*snicker* I never understood those types. the one time I really wanted to play an outsider type of character, I wrote in my own plot hook for exactly why she was with the group and would cooperate... Then I had fun playing out the cultural interactions and social stuff.

Kahuna Burger

Dimwhit

Explorer
You left out an important one:

I will not wait until my turn in the combat round before I read up on the descriptions of all my spells and/or special abilities.

just__al

First Post
Dimwhit said:
You left out an important one:

I will not wait until my turn in the combat round before I read up on the descriptions of all my spells and/or special abilities.

AMEN brutha dimwit!!!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads