Terminator Dark Fate Review (no spoilers)

Kaodi

Hero
I kind of wanted to see it in theatre because Linda Hamilton being an action goddess at her age is actually really important in the fight to reduce sexist ageism in entertainment. That is an opportunity that is afforded a good number of men but almost no women. But I live out of town and can be kinda out of the way to go to the theatre - especially since I usually have to borrow a vehicle. So not sure if I should go to the trouble of seeing it, especially with Frozen 2 and Episode IX coming up soon.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just came out of the cinema. More thoughts later.

It was pretty good. Definitely the third best Terminator film and better than T3, Salvation, and Geysis by a large margin. Couple of bits too over the top, but a solid third part that make sense in the evolution of Sarah Connor and the T101.

Would recommend. Nobody’s going to see it though on account of the last three, which is a shame because it’s way better than those. We were the only ones in the cinema.

Liked it. Better than the last three attempts by a large margin. Bit over the top in one of the big action set pieces, but a really solid T3. Shame they didn’t do it like that three films ago!

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
$120 million dollar lose might be optimistic. They spent up large on marketing. They probably spent close to 300 million all up.

They've made $120 million or so but the studio will only see about half that maybe slightly more.

Second weekend often loses 30 to 50%. Third weekend is something similar

At 30% which is optimistic drop off that's maybe another 100 million or so.

They get half of that or slightly more. I'll go with 250 million of which they get half.

That's going to be more than 120 million. If it trends lower than 30% drop off that's going to more.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Did you like take Finance or Economics in college or some other money related major or minor? You seem to always focus on money and numbers...

Yes;). Did some accounting, economic, marketing papers.

I find it interesting how movies are made and financed as well. Logistically as well, the differences between producer/director.

Won't know for another 5 or 6 days.

Nebulous

Legend
Why does the remorseless Ah-nold kill John Connor, then stick around and start an effing family and start feeling bad about being a killer robot? Oh yeah, because they had to shoehorn a 72 year actor into the franchise somehow.

Zardnaar

Legend
Why does the remorseless Ah-nold kill John Connor, then stick around and start an effing family and start feeling bad about being a killer robot? Oh yeah, because they had to shoehorn a 72 year actor into the franchise somehow.

I wouldn't have done that myself. My twist would have been Arnie hangs around to kill Rev9 but new mission is to bring back Skynet.

Failing that fake marriage a'la the TV show.

I think they thought James, Arnie, Linda together again would sell the movie.

Remove ads