• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TerpCon Fall 2005 (MD/DC/NOVA Gameday)

grahamdrew

First Post
The Terrapin Gaming Club would like to announce the third biannual TerpCon game day held at the University of Maryland, College Park. We're planning on holding the event October 29th, and will have three rooms of tabletop RPGs, board games, card games, miniatures games, and almost anything with the word "games" attached to it in some fashion. The event is still free, although we may try to do a little fundraising in an attempt to pay for security (required by the university if we have vendors, more updates on this later).

This year we will NOT be doing signups through ENworld due to feedback we've received from club members after the previous two game days (a lot of club members had problems finding the thread, and since searching is restricted to members it generally involved looking through a few pages). The old method worked out pretty well, but this year we'd like to try something a little different. Instead, we have a registration web site set up where players can register as attendees and sign up for slots automagically. This will allow attendees to receive automatic feedback without intervention of the event staff, and for multiple staff members to manage GMs who would like to run a game. That website is at:

http://www.warhorn.net/terpconfall2005/

We're less than a month out, and have three slots worth of gaming goodness:

Slot 1: 9AM-1:30PM
Slot 2: 2PM-6:30PM
Slot 3: 7PM-we get kicked about (~midnight)

If you're interested in attending as a player, check out the website, take a look at the schedule, and reserve yourself some games. If you would like to run a game at TerpCon 2005, email the event staff at terpcon@gmail.com and we'll get your game listed in the system. It would help a lot if you could include the name of the session, a short description of the game (including system), the number of players you're looking for (preferably a range), your username on warhorn, and if you plan to use pregenerated characters, onsite generation, or player generation beforehand.

That's about all we have at the moment. I and the rest of the TerpCon 2005 event staff look forward to seeing many of you again, and meeting some of you for the first time.

Andrew Beard

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
I'm definitely up for running a game in slot 2 - I'll get back to you with details.

As of now, it will either be Mutants and Masterminds or D20 Modern.

AIM-54

First Post
Plug me in for a session of Shadowrun. I'm going to tentatively say SR4, but that's conditional on me getting the book in time, which I think likely. I'll post details once I finalize them.

grahamdrew

First Post
One other thing that would help us out a lot for game registration is if you include your username or name you registered with at warhorn.net so we can link your session with your account/schedule. This will also help us keep track of how to contact you directly if theres a problem, or if one of your players needs some info.

Thanks,

Andrew Beard
terpcon@gmail.com

Rasyr

Banned
Banned
Ok, so what is warhorn.net? I have never heard of it before.

Added:

Nevermind - found the link in another post

Last edited:

Fieari

Explorer
I'd like to run two games.

#1) (Possibly Epic-Level) D20 Modified
I suppose you could call it Dungeons and Dragons, except no more vancian magic, we're going Elements of Magic baby! And Armor Class? Try opposed attack/defense rolls with relative degree and armor as DR via Ken Hood's Grim-n-Gritty ver 4.0, with the added benefit of monsters being monstrous! With material from the new Immortal's Handbook from Upper Krust of former vaporware fame, hopefully you'll come through this game having seen something new.

#2) (If no one else runs one) Paranoia XP
The Computer is your friend. The Computer tells you so. The Computer is at war with communists and the mutant menace, in addition to all those other traitors to Alpha Complex. You are a communist, and a mutant, and a traitor to boot. You also serve in squad of Troubleshooters, the Computer's elite. You can't let anyone else find out your dark secrets. If you could find some dirt on the others though, maybe the Computer would trust you a little more, and with that trust, you might live long enough.

Haha. Not likely. But then, that's why cloning services has at least 5 backups available to you in case of premature termination, more if you can afford it... but scrounging those credits can be so difficult, esspecially with the constant threat of identity theft and malicious hackers wiping out your accounts.

And there seems to be something odd about the upcomming mission... if you fail, you'll be terminated permanently. If you succeed, it looks like you could be terminated permanently. Forget the others, is there any way you could possibly save your own skin?

-=-=-=-=-=-

I'm also interested in either joining or running a few pick up games between sessions, since sometimes games end sooner or later than others. I'd love to try out My Life With Master if someone can bring it, and I can bring some Capes Lite. Also: Mao.

grahamdrew

First Post
We can definitly set you up, Fieari. Just let me know what slot you want to run your game(s) in, a title for the sessions, and what you username on warhorn is. Dan (the gaming club President) is running a Paranoia XP session in the 8AM-noon slot, but we've got a lot of Paranoia lovers around who would love a second slot.

Andrew Beard
terpcon@gmail.com

Fieari

Explorer
Slot 1 for D20, Slot 2 for PXP.

Titles for the games... hmm. How about "Elements of Destruction" and "Paranoia XP: Eliza", respectivly.

Oh, I registered on that site you linked, by the way, but it wouldn't let me add my games to the schedule.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads