• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TerpCon Fall 2005 (MD/DC/NOVA Gameday)

grahamdrew

First Post
Well, thankfully that may have been one of the shortest-lived crisises yet. The good news is that we still have October 29th, no plans should change. The bad news is that we have the same two rooms as in the Spring, plus a third room on the other end of the student union. We're working on finding something a little closer (or usable), but in the meantime we can go back to signups confident that TerpCon will still be on October 29th.

Andrew beard
terpcon@gmail.com

*sighs* I am unable to sign up for anything.

I keep getting this response: You have not been cleared to sign up for events, or your payment has not yet been received. If you have already sent your payment, please check back soon!

grahamdrew

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
*sighs* I am unable to sign up for anything.

I keep getting this response: You have not been cleared to sign up for events, or your payment has not yet been received. If you have already sent your payment, please check back soon!

Nobody is cleared to sign up for events at this point. We're still soliciting GMs to run games. Player signups don't starts for at least another week. You can register on the website as an attendee, but you can't register for individual games.

When we initially put the system up, we had two games. They were all games the campaign staff was running, and we had put them up when we had advanced access to the system. Within a few hours, they filled up. When the third game was registered, half the people moved to that game, and deregistered from the first two. We just want to reach a faily stable state in terms of game signups before we start player signups, so people sign up for the games they actually want to play and not just what's available.

Andrew Beard
terpcon@gmail.com

grahamdrew said:
Nobody is cleared to sign up for events at this point. We're still soliciting GMs to run games. Player signups don't starts for at least another week. You can register on the website as an attendee, but you can't register for individual games.

Yep - I got that response in the other thread (someone with some terpcon authority should see if a mod can't merge those two threads and have them put in General - you would need to post a thread in the Meta forum). I was confused because you had stated that signup had essentially halted and did not specify player or GM sign up. :)

Bibamus

First Post
Just making sure I hit both lists (until one of us gets un-lazy and gets the threads merged). What he meant was that players registering for the con and GMs registering games had dropped off. Sign-up for the games themselves is going to be closed for just a little while longer.

Players are still allowed to register for TerpCon (which I recommend doing before sign-ups start) and GMs are DEFINITELY allowed to register games. When we do decide to open TerpCon for game registration for players we will post the time WELL in advance (and if it's a bit off by your clock, well, you weren't here and we had to use ours).

Don't forget to tell your friends about the convention.

Daniel Powell
President, TGC
terpcon@gmail.com

Bibamus

First Post
Friend Computer has seen to it that all of the scenario names for TerpCon Fall 2005 have been prefaced by the name of the game system they're using. Please check the boards to make sure you haven't signed up for a system that you hate. That is all, citizens.

Bibamus

First Post
I would like to announce that player registration for games will begin Monday, September 19th, at 2:00. So mark the date and don't be late (or something like that). Also, GMs, remember that having your game up beforehand will probably mean that your game will fill faster.

Daniel Powell
President, TGC
terpcon@gmail.com

threshel

First Post
I have sent (finally!) my game description to terpcon@gmail.com

Slot 1 (morning).
[Mutants and Masterminds 2nd Edition] ASTRO CITY: PALPITATIONS.
Great, just great. Why is it that you’re always stuck with the dregs? Take today, for example. Are you trading blows with Shirak the Destroyer? Nope, the Honor Guard is taking care of that. Are you diligently working to seal the dimensional rift once and for all? Nope, the Furst Family’s got that all sown up. You’re the Astro City Irregulars, and you get the dirty jobs. It’s fallen to you to make sure these Ravagers don’t make it to Shadow Hill…
6 players maximum. Pre-generated characters, PL 10. This is a divergence from my previous games. There will be puzzles and mysteries to solve, as well as a fair amount of role-play. But don’t worry - I haven’t forgotten the combat! It isn’t necessary to know the game system to play, but familiarity with Astro City will really help you.
:)
J

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads