That thread about cars

payn

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
I actually live in the city and am more of a Sunday driver this last decade or more. I work from home since pandemic, but office is 5 miles away. Bike or bus. I have several grocery stores within walking distance. When I got the G8 it had 27K miles on it. Now it has 92K after owning it for 11 years.

Kinda bored and if I had a decent size garage Id get myself a hobby vehicle. For some reason an old pickup is calling my name but damn if they have not gotten expensive.
ebay774342.jpg
20210925-154405.jpg

Kinda bored and if I had a decent size garage Id get myself a hobby vehicle. For some reason an old pickup is calling my name but damn if they have not gotten expensive.
ebay774342.jpg
Hold the phone -- that's a real pickup truck? It looks like something out of a photoshop contest! I know plenty of people buy pickups and never end up actually using the bed, but wow did they take that to the logical extreme.

payn

Hold the phone -- that's a real pickup truck? It looks like something out of a photoshop contest! I know plenty of people buy pickups and never end up actually using the bed, but wow did they take that to the logical extreme.
Well, its a hobby truck. So, yeah you pimp it out. I'd likely still use the bed for some things, I could certainly use a truck about 2-4 times a year. The rest of the time I'll be cruising.

Oh I would take a civic type r!
Awesome car. I work from home, but it is my daily and I track it as well. I get a kick out of it when folks in Corvettes and BMWs etc are amazed at how fast it is.
Podium Club.jpg

Volvos have a special place in my heart. My first car was a hand me down 240 DL from my parents.
Funny, my first car I also got from my parents and was a 240 GL. Volvo's have an outstanding reputation for safety that I'm sure is earned. Except my experience, I got rear-ended in a school zone and though the passenger compartments was intact, my seat broke from the rails and I ended up in the back seat (uninjured).

Warpiglet-7

From the pit of the 9th
Awesome car. I work from home, but it is my daily and I track it as well. I get a kick out of it when folks in Corvettes and BMWs etc are amazed at how fast it is.
View attachment 262204

Funny, my first car I also got from my parents and was a 240 GL. Volvo's have an outstanding reputation for safety that I'm sure is earned. Except my experience, I got rear-ended in a school zone and though the passenger compartments was intact, my seat broke from the rails and I ended up in the back seat (uninjured).
I have researched them well and actually talked to a salesman a few years back…but fiscal responsibility got the better of me (my car was still new!).

Maybe one day!

Ryujin

Legend
Back in my college days I used to catch a lift to school with two friends, who were in my classes and roommates, in one's 1965 Volvo that looked almost exactly like this picture. I thought that it performed terribly until the owner had to go back home, for a couple of weeks, and his roommate took over driving. What was terrible, was the owner's driving skills :ROFLMAO: Also, that friend managed to get himself declared legally blind so that he could use books on tape for our non-tech classes, and yet still had a driver's license...?!
View attachment 262206
G56IISHKXVENRO5JJT6FH56DDI.jpg

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Supporter
Oh you VW people! I love my Civic Type R, you should give one of the FK8s a chance.

Oh, I would definitely say I am not a VW person. But game respect game, and the VW GTI is one of the greatest hot hatches.

Generally, I like the Japanese cars for wrenching and mods. More forgiving than the Germans. I learned on Mazdas (ROTARY BABY!). I had a good spell with Audi, but they discontinued their manuals in 2017 (I think?) and I'm way too lazy to look at imports.

All that said, I still have a soft spot for Pure American Muscle. It's more of an aesthetic thing though. I mean, some of those Pontiac Firebirds and GTOs could stir the cockles of anyone's heart.

payn

Oh, I would definitely say I am not a VW person. But game respect game, and the VW GTI is one of the greatest hot hatches.

Generally, I like the Japanese cars for wrenching and mods. More forgiving than the Germans. I learned on Mazdas (ROTARY BABY!). I had a good spell with Audi, but they discontinued their manuals in 2017 (I think?) and I'm way too lazy to look at imports.

All that said, I still have a soft spot for Pure American Muscle. It's more of an aesthetic thing though. I mean, some of those Pontiac Firebirds and GTOs could stir the cockles of anyone's heart.
I miss Olds.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads