That's a big ol' bear!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I wanna see Vognu the toad* slapped with this spell! Of course, he's dead, but one can always hope.

There are no limits that I know of. I used it on a dire bear... right before someone cast harm on it. Spells like this are why you carry a dispel magic scroll or three.

- PC

* The Risen Goddess story hour

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Piratecat said:
I wanna see Vognu the toad* slapped with this spell! Of course, he's dead, but one can always hope.
* The Risen Goddess story hour
Was Vognu the toad smaller than gargantuan, and of the type "animal?"

Axiomatic Unicorn

First Post
Fade said:
I agree with all that, which is why we have things like Great Wyrms. But an animal is only an animal, it isn't magical, so it should act normally.

Ok, then how do you explain a 100 ton, 60 foot long 48 HD dire tiger. Straight out of the MM, no magic required.

Square-Cube law says you get two stopwatches and see if he dies of suffocation or heat stroke first.

D&D law says you stand still or die tired.

Forrester

First Post
Darkness said:
I agree that some kind of limit might be a good idea; taken to its logical extreme, a 20th-level druid could - if he was able to get such an animal companion - double his 40-HD animal companion (a whale, maybe?:p) to 80 HD by means of this spell. :eek:

. . . which is why they errata'd Animal Friendship to limit druids to animal companions that have HD equal to their level, not double their level.

Ketjak

Malicious GM
RedShirtNo5 said:

First, why assume that a square-cube law even exists in a fantasy universe? Stuff on a material plane can be made out of fire, water, earth and air instead of atoms. Even for "natural" creatures, you can throw conventional physics and chemistry out the window.

[snip]

-RedShirt

Technically, things made out of water, earth, and air are made out of atoms. :D

- Ketjak

Remove ads