D&D 5E Thay Land of the Red Wizards Available From Realms Creator Ed Greenwood

Thay Land of the Red Wizards is a Forgotten Realms supplement by Forgotten Realms creator Ed Greenwood, plus Alex Kammer and Alan Patrick. The 108-page books is available in PDF ($17.99) and hardcover ($39.99) over on the DMs Guild.

386190.jpg

Known to the wider Forgotten Realms® as a sinister land of Red Wizards, slavers, and marching undead armies, Thay is the distant—or uncomfortably close—menace that “may become our doom if Szass Tam turns his attention in our direction.”

And Thay is that, but it is also so much more. A truly magical land (thanks to a secret that even the goddess Mystra helps to keep) of rich culture, a rising middle class, ambitious nobles and Red Wizards who fear Szass Tam more than they hate him, but may soon be forced to defy him, and wealth beyond the imaginings of even wealthy and proud realms elsewhere.

This tome is your guide to the Thay of right now, a valuable resource for Dungeon Masters and players alike. It sets forth the people and places of the Land of Red Wizards, what life is like, and seeds, hints, and secrets sufficient to spur adventures for years of enjoyment at your gaming table.

5DC300EE-16A8-46FA-9E2E-32FDDCF2C9E9.jpeg

Last edited:

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Does the supplement include some background infos about the current Zulkirs?
It does have the names of the Zulkirs for most school (a couple vacant they explain) and what they are doing now but no stat blocks for them. Ex is Valindra for necromancy. Roughly 2 pages that covers the the Zulkirs and their schools.

HammerMan

Legend
Wonder how much of this got neutered down because people can't handle actual villainy? Like the entire fact that it's a nation based on slave labor and other exploitation?
when has ed ever watered something down? I am not a huge fan of his creations, although I like HIM as a person/player/creator, but I was under the impression he didn't care for watering down settings.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases