• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Algernon Files in stores now!

mistergone

First Post
Longshadow said:
$24.95, which is on the back. And for a hardback 128 page book packed as full of stuff as TAF is, we like to think that's a pretty reasonable price.

YEeah, that is an okay price. I honestly didn't see the price on the back.

So...exactly what are you looking for in a superlink product?

Well, see, I don't know. I'd know it when I saw it. A collection of someone's heroes and villains is fine and good, but really hit-and-miss too. I guess some more generic stuff, like say good maps of various "super" type locations, that are scaled for use with minis too. I'd really like to see character design software that is similar to the one in City of Heroes with tons more options and a way to fully create your character with it, stats and all. Actually, a City of Heroes sourcebook would rock.

So, I guess I was sort of hoping for big license type deals, rather than everyone with the ability to produce it put out their own setting or book of more powers. Again, mind you, I would totally put out my own setting if I had the money/means.
;)

Bill Scott

First Post
Longshadow, I love the look of the avian based group. What did you base the characters on? I got a distinct Gargoyles vibe when I looked at them.

I am definitely buying this book as soon as I get the money.

JoeGKushner

First Post
I've got a review copy. It's a nice mix of power levels. I think that an Enemies style book might've been a smarter move and held off on the heroes. As others have noted, there is a certain percentage of gamers who like their players to be the big boys.

Longshadow

First Post
Longshadow, I love the look of the avian based group. What did you base the characters on? I got a distinct Gargoyles vibe when I looked at them.

The characters themselves weren't actually based off of anybody. The art, however, I believe, was groovin' to a definite G-Force or Battle of the Planets vibe if I recall Derrick's words correctly.

I think that an Enemies style book might've been a smarter move and held off on the heroes. As others have noted, there is a certain percentage of gamers who like their players to be the big boys.

Valid point. But others also like models that they can use for hero-types and power-builds, and certainly maps and HQ write-ups/art that they can "rip-off" in a hurry. It's a matter of how many demographics you can cater to at once while still writing something that keeps you creativity going. YMMV, of course. ;)

Remove ads