The Antigrol Tide (IC)

unleashed

First Post
Colmarr Blackrock, Male Gnome Bard

Mallak said:
Naomi remains silent for several moments. "I...It's very strange, oni. I don't remember the last time I spent a night away from the orphanage. And now, today, everything seems so..." She seems to be searching for the right words. She waves her hand through the air as if feeling something. "The air quality, it's...I don't know, there's just something strange about today, oni. I don't think I like it." She shivers once in the cool mid-morning air, huddling close between Magyar and Colmarr. One hand grips the dagger at her waist.
jkason said:
"It was a frightful and eventful night, Lissa," Magyar says, trying to sound reassuring even as he gives Colmarr a questioning look that seems to ask his opinion. "And leaving the familiar behind is unsettling even for seasoned travellers. You don't feel ill, though, do you?"
Giving Magyar a brief nod over Naomi’s head to thank him for his reassuring words, Colmarr places a comforting hand on her shoulder as he speaks. “Like you can feel a certain tension in the air onia, yes I feel it too. Don’t worry too much on it though, I’m sure we’ll find the cause in due time,” Colmarr remarks, before he slips into a silly little song designed to lift Naomi’s spirits.

jkason said:
Mag nods in the direction of the older man. "That'd be my best bet for Mac. Though with the other man involved, maybe we should approach with a smaller group--leave our more intimidating members to keep an eye on things from a distance, perhaps?"
“You’re likely right about Mac, and in keeping the group small and unthreatening Magyar...I don’t imagine he wants to be surrounded by a bunch of armed strangers right now, and we don’t want to start a fight. Hmm, I think you’d better stay with the others onia, as you don’t know what you’re going to step on in that mess and you don’t have any shoes,” Colmarr says, with an apologetic smile to the girl.

Once Naomi is settled, Colmarr picks his way carefully through the debris with whoever else is coming, making his way to the bald man who is muttering to himself, and upon reaching him asks, “Excuse me sir, sorry to intrude on your misfortune, but are you Mac?”

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Magyar Rhineholdt, human rogue

OOC: Not sure how to narrate this one since it's largely contingent on Lissa. If she's not inclined to stay with Troth, Mag will offer to entertain her. If Colmarr's suggestion and the offer of a fake nose is enough to satisfy her, Mag will accompany Colmarr, though he'll let the gnome take the lead in talking for now.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Malachi goes along too, though he stays behind Magyar and Colmarr, and looks at the debris for any signs of his captain--or ex-captain.

Mallak

First Post
Grondar and Wakil take up positions along the street, one to the north and one to the south of the burned out tavern. Braer and Denther relax in an alleyway across from the place. There is a steady flow of people moving up and down the street, most with a purpose. It's still too early for the drunks and the panhandlers to be out, and most of the vendors won't be around until lunch time.
Colmarr said:
"Hmm, I think you’d better stay with the others onia, as you don’t know what you’re going to step on in that mess and you don’t have any shoes.”
Naomi looks down at her bare feet and wiggles her toes in the dust of the street. "Ok, oni," she says, and she follows Troth over to a bench across from the tavern, near the alley sheltering Braer and Denther. There she sits with Troth, playing with the funny nose.

Colmarr, Magyar, and Malachi pick their way cautiously across the ash and timber. Their footing is uncertain, and perhaps even dangerous. Glass shards crunch underfoot, but it seems all the nails have already been reclaimed. Presently, they reach the older man just as he is picking up the busted, fire-twisted remains of a lantern from beneath a pile of black ashes. "Buggered blighters," he mutters to himself. "Filthy, stinking rotters."
Colmarr said:
“Excuse me sir, sorry to intrude on your misfortune, but are you Mac?”
The man drops the lantern back into the dust and turns. "Yeah, that's me, who's askin'?" The man's eyes swing across Magyar and Malachi, then drop down to Colmarr. "What the devil!" he exclaims with a start. Then his face breaks into a grin. "Sorry, I've had a bit of a rough night. Mac Callaghan." He holds out a meaty hand for Colmarr to shake. "What brings three upstanding gentlemen as yourselves to my establishment?"

The larger, younger man seems to be slowly working his way toward the three crew members and Mac.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Well," Malachi starts, "We're looking for someone. We figured you'd be the best person to ask--Ben Turion, we heard, was said to have come here last night."

unleashed

First Post
Colmarr Blackrock, Male Gnome Bard

Taking the offered hand Colmarr shakes, grinning up at the bald man, his hand as usual engulfed by that of the human. “Good to meet you Mac, sorry it’s not under better circumstances. I’m Colmarr Blackrock, and my crewmate has the right of it...we’re trying to track down our captain, and this is where the trail has led us.” Colmarr then waits to see if Mac recognises the name, and if not he gives a description of the captain.

Last edited:

Drowned Hero

First Post
Troth Half-Elf Barbarian

At the bench...

Naomi approaches the bench Troth is sitting on dragging her feets and lifting dust from the street peeking over her shoulder at Colmarr as she don't like not be holding his hand. 'Look Lissa' Troth hold up a small fake nose quite similar Colmarr's of red color unfinished as it is 'Come here Lissa and sit down, you like it? I'm making it to you and i will teach you how to use it'. Troth looks at the others all watching out for trouble and relaxes a bit, looks around and see nobody that can hear them. 'Lissa I'm been wondering' 'theses persons that harm you you know where I can find them? It has been bothering me that we have not punished those evil persons' 'are there many more girls and boys as yourself in their custody?' He pats the girl on her little head 'you know you can trust Troth, right?' He leans back, adjust his turban and starts playing with a silver coin.

Druke

First Post
Wakil half elf palidin

Wakil slowly moves to the side of the street where the burned tavern is located. While still keeping most of his attention on watching the street he is also watching the body lanuage of the younger stronger guy moving towards his crewmates. He prays that Malachi ask more than about the captain and that they all get safely through this encounter.

jkason

First Post
Magyar Rhineholdt, human rogue

Mag stays politely silent as the other two ask the first question. Mac seems well in hand. Noticing the larger gent no his way over, though, Magyar tries giving him a genial smile and wave to let him know the group means no ill will.

Mallak

First Post
Colmarr said:
"I’m Colmarr Blackrock, and my crewmate has the right of it...we’re trying to track down our captain, and this is where the trail has led us.”
Mac's face goes ashen for a moment. "Ol' Captain Ben. I figured someone'd be along lookin' for him eventually. I tried to warn him, but...well, it's not my place." He looks up at the three men. "Look, I'm real sorry, but I think the body they pulled out of here last night was your captain."

After the initial shock has worn off, Mac continues. "Where we're standing right now used to be a seperate room off the main tavern. I stored a few things in here and occasionally rented it out to the odd group wanting a bit more...privacy. Last night, your captain was here with a group of men, real shifty looking fellows." The man's face breaks into a broad grin. "Of course, I suppose that could be said of a lot of my clientele." His grin slips, then, and he glances around at the ashes. "Well, former clientele. I can't say what they were talking about in here, and I don't know exactly what happened, but I'd say it's a safe bet that somehow this," and here he bends down and picks up the broken lantern, "got knocked over. Folks were sitting around drinking, having a grand ol' time listening to Tami sing when the door here burst open and Dietrich comes running out hollering about a fire. Well, it didn't take long to empty out the tavern after that." Mac pauses for a moment. "You know, Captain Ben wouldn't've just laid down in the middle of the fire unless he had help gettin' that way."

Magyar said:
Noticing the larger gent on his way over, though, Magyar tries giving him a genial smile and wave to let him know the group means no ill will.
The large man takes Magyar's wave as an invitation and saunters over to join the group. "Good morning." His voice is deep and rumbling, like distant thunder heard underground.

"Gentlement, meet Branson, my first born." There is pride in the old man's voice.

Troth said:
'Look Lissa' Troth hold up a small fake nose quite similar Colmarr's of red color unfinished as it is 'Come here Lissa and sit down, you like it? I'm making it to you and i will teach you how to use it'. Troth looks at the others all watching out for trouble and relaxes a bit, looks around and see nobody that can hear them. 'Lissa I'm been wondering' 'theses persons that harm you you know where I can find them? It has been bothering me that we have not punished those evil persons' 'are there many more girls and boys as yourself in their custody?' He pats the girl on her little head 'you know you can trust Troth, right?' He leans back, adjust his turban and starts playing with a silver coin.
Naomi fiddles with the false nose, swinging her bare feet through the air as she sits on the bench next to Troth. She continues to stare at the prosthetic between her fingers as she slowly begins to speak in a small, frightened voice.

"Troth, what would you do if I told you there were others like me, and if I told you where to find them? What if I told you about the people--" Here she breaks off for a moment. "The evil people, how would you punish them?" She looks up at Troth, and her eyes glisten with barely restrained tears.

Remove ads