D&D General The Appearance of Female Goblins

This seems unlikely, unless the goblin is fully integrated into this city's society. More likely, the goblins in a city are going to congregate in a specific section and maintain elements of their culture there. Goblin markets, goblin gambling dens, goblin music, all that stuff would be there, and the goblins maintain whatever gender norms they have there.
I don't think a City Goblin is going to be viewed as being truly a Goblin by other Goblins, but Goblins that live in ghettos in Human cities are definitely not going to be seen as being Human either. It sort of comes down to how different immigrant communities in different places are.

I can definitely picture a PC with a City Goblin background, really having problems talking to other Goblins because they're hanging around the 2 humans, a Dwarf and a Tiefling that's in their party.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I don't think a City Goblin is going to be viewed as being truly a Goblin by other Goblins, but Goblins that live in ghettos in Human cities are definitely not going to be seen as being Human either. It sort of comes down to how different immigrant communities in different places are.

I can definitely picture a PC with a City Goblin background, really having problems talking to other Goblins because they're hanging around the 2 humans, a Dwarf and a Tiefling that's in their party.

do ‘other goblins’ actually care enough about others to judge ghetto goblins? And exactly where are these goblin cultural purest living?

imc goblins are weak marginalised scavengers, they hide in swamps, scrub and caves where noone else wants to go. Many have conciously chosen to infest the sewers of cities because they get reasonably secure shelter and access to resources in a place that bigger threats (like humans) tend to avoid. Orcs like the wilderness but Goblins Love the City Life

do ‘other goblins’ actually care enough about others to judge ghetto goblins? And exactly where are these goblin cultural purest living?
They could be "Tribal goblins" or from a nation like Eberron's Darguun. I would say in that case there could be a significant cultural difference between those Goblins, and Goblins from the ghettos of Human cities.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone

I was explicitly trying to avoid the word ghetto... a goblin neighborhood could just as easily be a wealthy suburb where they reap the benefits of their white-collar jobs, as a slum near the polluted docks. Only limiter is the GM's interpretation.

Considering how in Harry Potter the goblins are often wealthy bankers with huge influence over the wizarding economy, a goblin suburb is not an impossibility in fiction.

Remove ads