The Bad Batch - SPOILERS

Dire Bare

Legend
Some interesting stuff in episode 3, but all of it back on Kamino. The supposed "A" plot with the Bad Batch was rather plodding and uninspired.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Crosshair. He's set up as the villain, but has little say in his own actions.

The Kaminoans seem to have a lot riding on whatever their new-and-improved-clones scheme is, which presumably involves Omega, but she continues to display no particular talents aside from standard Star Wars protagonist-kid precociousness.
The entire story is one of tragedy. If not for the Bad Batch, definitely for the clones in general. I don't expect a happy ending for Crosshair.

Omega has demonstrated superior intelligence, and ability with skills never practiced, like accuracy with a blaster. There's still, of course, a lot we don't know about her.

How about this for Crosshair? They rescue him and neutralise his implant: "nope, still evil".

My current theory about Omega is she is specially designed to emulate/neutralise jedi without using the Force. When Palpatine finds out what the Kaminoans have been up to he is super-pissed. "Kill them. Kill them ALL."

The locket contains the Kaminoan genome, in case of genocide.

hopeless

Adventurer
Are they going to rescue him or is he going to rescue Wrecker if those assumptions about his headache being about his chip activating are true?

hopeless

Adventurer
How about this for Crosshair? They rescue him and neutralise his implant: "nope, still evil".

My current theory about Omega is she is specially designed to emulate/neutralise jedi without using the Force. When Palpatine finds out what the Kaminoans have been up to he is super-pissed. "Kill them. Kill them ALL."

The locket contains the Kaminoan genome, in case of genocide.
I quite like that idea!
Given how she is duplicating Hunter's movements perhaps she is slowly adapting and learning a lot faster than the clone troopers?

MarkB

Legend
Are they going to rescue him or is he going to rescue Wrecker if those assumptions about his headache being about his chip activating are true?
I feel like Wrecker's headaches and Tech's chip-detecting scanner are working towards them having to perform their first chip removal as an emergency medical procedure, while having to restrain their phyiscally-strongest member.

And I wonder if, assuming she has any, the reason why Omega hasn't displayed any Force powers so far is because they're saving it for a suitably dramatic moment when it will trigger Wrecker's Order 66 mandates.

Retreater

Legend
I watched the first 5-10 minutes and it seemed like a rehash of the Clone Wars (which I don't like). In fact, I have zero interest in the clone vs separatist droid army stuff from the prequel era.
Does this get better? I liked Rebels, FWIW.

I watched the first 5-10 minutes and it seemed like a rehash of the Clone Wars (which I don't like). In fact, I have zero interest in the clone vs separatist droid army stuff from the prequel era.
Does this get better? I liked Rebels, FWIW.
It's a direct continuation of The Clone Wars, so if you didn't like that then there is no particular reason to like this. Although if your issue with TCW was the moral uncertainty, it's pretty obvious who is evil now.

hopeless

Adventurer
Can anyone confirm this, but Wrecker's headache is on the wrong side of the head, where the inhibitor chip is located?
Its actually on the other side of the head, but that could just mean his chip is actually located on the wrong side of the head explaining why it didn't activate until now.

EDIT: I just had an odd thought, what if Hunter's special ability means he's force sensitive?
Omega can sense this, which is why she's so focused on him.
What if Wrecker actually attacks Hunter after they find some means that detects force sensitivity?
Of course it could simply be due to them meeting an Imperial Officer and Wrecker starts obeying his or her orders much to the surprise of the others rather than attacking Omega or Hunter?

Delocalised pain is a thing. Wrecker has extensive scar tissue on the left side of his head, suggesting a major head wound in the past (if he pulls out a pet miniature giant space hamster I would take this as confirmation).

I very much doubt Hunter is force sensitive, but the Kaminoans did not actually say which of the missing clones was the important one.

Remove ads