• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Best New Base Class You Probably Aren’t Using Is . . .

Wik

First Post
blargney the second said:
That would be fun with an amazingly RP-intesive group!

I was thinking more along the lines of enforced themes with level-ups. Spiderman would start with the ability to climb walls, but could get better at it as the game progressed: faster, gaining the ability to tumble on vertical surfaces, neat new wall-climbing stunts.

I do like your idea of level-ups limited to non-spellcasting classes though. That has some interesting potential.

Hm. I think a neat way could be to use Generic Classes (from UA), and then develop "ability packages" that character's buy. So, if you're mimicking Wolverine's Healing Factor, for example:

LEVEL............ABILITY
1.................. Character Can Spend 1 Action Point to Regain Con Modifier HP
2.................. Character's Chance of Stabilization at Negative HP improves to 30%
3.................. Healing Trance 1/day: Fast Healing 1 For X Rounds
5.................. Healing Trance 2/day
7.................. Character Gains Fast Healing 1

...or something. Just kinda suggesting what I mean. Of course, it'd be a lot easier if the rest of the group helped you out with these tables, and you're not above doing a bit of work.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads